Wyze Cam v3 firmware - Released 10/22/2023

We’re releasing Wyze Cam v3 firmware 4.36.11.7071 today! This version has some security improvements in it. :lock:

:notebook: Read our Release Notes:

10 Likes

Updating now via the Bulk Firmware Update Page / Menu

2 Likes

Hello, I’m not sure if I’m writing this in the correct section. If not, please point me to the correct area.

Today I updated my two Wyze Cam v3 cameras to the latest firmware. I had already updated the APP in Android.

With Android I have none issue. I can connect to the cameras and see their feed with no problem. The issue started with the webview after the firmware update.

After the update, when I enter the webview on desktop (Windows PC, Firefox) and attempt to watch the live feed of the camera for which I have the PRO Subscription, the feed only displays a still image from the last movement detected. Nothing more, as if the video is frozen.

I have already attempted to restart the PC, use different browsers and devices (both tablets and other PCs) and clear their browser caches, but the result is the same.

Is this a known issue?

2 Likes

In the App check to make sure your v3 cameras are still showing in your Cam Plus subscription (Account - Services - Cam Plus).

Next I would pull the power cord for 30 seconds then see if LiveView begins working on a PC. Also, power cycle your WiFi too.

BTW, I have Cam Plus Lite, so I can not test LiveView on a PC.

I am testing the new firmware on one of my less critical v3 cameras before updating the rest.

Could you verify the exact version your v3 updated to? It is not a known issue so I will report once the version is verified.

2 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ , I tested what @Tuxman88 reported and am having the same issue.

@Tuxman88 , can you please provide a Log for Wyze to Look at, understanding it is live view.

My FW Version is: 4.36.11.7071
Log from my Porch Camera I tried to Live View, not sure if it helps, but here it is: 1210874

3 Likes

I too am also having the same issue after updating all 3 of my V3 camera to the newest firmware (4.36.11.7071). I have already submitted a log so we will see when this will get fixed. Next time, I’m going to wait like a week before I go through any new update.

I am very happy with 4.36.11.7071 on Cam Plus Lite. First minute of the hour of SD card playback works as it should. Cloud Event videos are smooth. LiveView of individual v3 cameras work well in the App. I don’t do anything complicated like Grouping, Detection Zones and I leave Night Vision off. I updated all of my v3 cameras to 4.36.11.7071. Thank you Wyze Team for a great firmware update (yes I know some are having problems with LiveView on a PC).

Yea, everything is working well for me from the App as well.

Seldom use the Live View via a Browser.

1 Like

Asked about this on the Wyze Discord server and was directed to this thread.

I’m also affected by this. My Wyze Cam v3 is working fine in the app, but web view (Firefox or Edge) are just showing a static image.

I’ve confirmed my v3 still has Cam Plus assigned to it.

Firmware is at 4.36.11.7071.

Log ID: 1210914

If you have the current iOS app 2.46.0 you may want to turn off Auto Updates of firmware for your cameras :grin:

3 Likes

I had previously turned off “Automatic Update” on all 7 of my V3 cameras, so I updated them today one at a time manually. All the updates applied normally, with no problems.
I have not used the web portal since the 9/8/2023 incident, so I figured that was not a show stopper for me.

Hello,

Yes the new firmware I just installed today 10/22/23 and the issue not is the cameras will not intergrade with the alexa app will not show live video in the alexa app or any other alexa product like fire tv, show 8… And so on… The new firmware has done something to Amazon alexa integration of love video please fix this issue… This also happened before months ago after a prevw firmware update… I have cam 3 pro camera and all have this current problem again…

Hello,

Yes the new firmware I just installed today 10/22/23 and the issue not is the cameras will not intergrade with the alexa app will not show live video in the alexa app or any other alexa product like fire tv, show 8… And so on… The new firmware has done something to Amazon alexa integration of love video please fix this issue… This also happened before months ago after a prevw firmware update… I have cam 3 pro camera and all have this current problem again…

Hello,

Detection zones stopped working after the firmware update. Won’t save - will only save two squares on, no more. If I go more than two, it reverts to two seemingly random ones on the far left.

3 Likes

Device: Android Pixel 8 with Android 14 on it
Camera: Wyze Cam V3
FW: 4.36.11.7071
App Version: 2.46.0 (b369)
Log: 1211033

Issue:

When you go to the settings on the Cam V3 and set the Detection Zone, it will mask out the entire screen when you save. There appears to be no way to set a Zone for monitoring.

2 Likes

Same issue. Updated 13 V3 cameras via bulk update to 4.36.11.7071. Cameras working fine in App, but Wyze Live View (which I hardly ever use), is not updating on FireFox or Chrome. Other camera types appear to be working on Live View.

For those experiencing issues with the Alexa, Google and Web View streaming, we found a cloud issue and are in the process of fixing it. In about 10 minutes it should be working. If it isn’t please reboot your device via the app, no need to power cycle and that should re-initiate the cloud connection and fix the issue.

4 Likes