Wyze Cam v2, Pan, Outdoor Cam Base Station, Outdoor Cam v1 & v2 Firmware Beta Test 11/21/2022

WYZE CAM V2:

Version: 4.9.9.1574

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that affected the camera connection on Wi-Fi with a long password

• Fixed a bug that prevented AI detection settings from syncing

WYZE CAM PAN:

Version: 4.10.9.1574

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that affected the camera connection on Wi-Fi with a long password

• Fixed a bug that prevented AI detection settings from syncing

WYZE BASE STATION:

Version: 4.16.4.452

What’s New:

• Added support for microSD cards formatted in exFAT

• Bug fixes

WYZE CAM OUTDOOR V1:

Version: 4.17.4.394

What’s New:

• Bug fixes

WYZE CAM OUTDOOR V2:

Version: 4.48.4.394

What’s New:

• Bug fixes

[Mod Edit]: Removed embedded space from version numbers to enhance search clarity.

6 Likes

Updated Cam v2 cams, WCO base stations and WCO v1 and WCO v2 cams. All went well. Unable to test Cam v2 password fix at the moment, but will test other fixes over time such as exFAT support.

3 Likes

Updating WCO v1 and v2s and base. Will update when success

EDIT

No issues so far

2 Likes

Well…. This would explain everything, haha. I use up all 63 characters. :rofl:

4 Likes

Updated outdoor cam and v2’s successfully. they all seem to be functioning correctly.

2 Likes

Updated PanV1 thru Bulk Update Interface. Cam rebooted, showed in device list as offline, opened to live stream, checked FW from device info, still showed as old FW version. Checked bulk update list, showed it updated. Went back to device info, showed it updated.

Give it time for all the screens to update. Patience is not my strongest virtue!

Tested the cam. Person Detection with Motion Tracking both on and off appears to be working well… But, still not at all happy with Person Detection Event Videos being broken up into many short videos when motion tracking is on. It’s really difficult to get an intruder to stand still for you so you get one full length video. I won’t be getting another Wyze PTZ because of this flaw.

3 Likes

Updated 3 of 4 V2 cams, the one shows offline in the app but will live stream and is reporting tags normally. It needs to be power cycled. but the 3 others updated with no issues except that it seemed to take a little longer than usual to do the update. Will post here if any other issues are found.

2 Likes

Whatever was in that 4.17.4.394 beta release sure improved my overall experience. Connections seem WAY more stable/faster.

I think it fixed whatever was causing my bases to not read the 128 GB Wyze branded SD cards. They’re all showing and formatttable now.

I have 6 cams and 2 bases and I’ll report anything I see. I run all the betas for my software company and I’ll be an active participant in beta moving forward.

2 Likes

I updated all four of my Outdoor V2 cams. I was coming from the latest non-beta firmware. One of my three camera is mounted upside down and i use the “rotate 180 degree” option for the camera to make the image orientation correct. With the new beta firmware the image is right side up but it is being mirrored/reversed along the Y axis so it is backwards. If you toggle the rotate 180 option off and then on it gets “fixed” temporarily. But a little while later it is reversed again. Definitely seems like a new bug in the new beta firmware. I submitted log #811307 for this camera. Not sure if that will help at all but it definitely seems like an issue. I contacted Wyze support but they’re just walking me through basic debug steps and I don’t feel like the info is reaching engineering so posting here instead.

2 Likes

Ok, yes I noticed the same thing and I thought it was my imagination (because my camera’s physical position could’ve been reversed in the same period of time).

I noticed this last night shortly after the beta firmware update.

Awesome to hear it’s not just me seeing this. Hopefully they will see this or my log and address it.

I know they say to not mount the Outdoor V2 upside down technically but the magnet on the top of the camera is pure garbage and im afraid of it falling from 11-12’ in a strong wind. So I chose to use the original mount point and use the rotate. Seems to work fine in that orientation outside of the new image mirroring issue.

Hub updated no problem and V2 cam updated but my V2 Outdoor cam isn’t seeing any updates and I’m very confused why.

1 Like

I had to add two types of outdoor cam to the beta to get all of mine to see the update when they’re all supposed to be the same

When I added the additional outdoor cam to the beta program, my other 5 cameras saw the update. Prior to me doing this, my 2 base stations and only 1 cam detected the beta.

1 Like

I have the beta enabled for all devices but the only difference is I don’t own a V1 outdoor but I enabled everything already just to shoot in the dark and nothing. It doesn’t see Beta or even official releases and I’ve been stuck doing manual updates. It’s annoying.

I just came back here to affirm that this is definitely a persistent issue and ive witnessed it every day since. This isn’t a complaint moreas me confirming something is definitely wrong.

I’ve witnessed it flip 180 degrees multiple times now. My cams are in birdboxes. Downward facing is my only option.

I wanted to add that this is a issue I’ve seen posted a few times over on Home Depots website for reviews so something is clearly wrong with this. Support wants me to return it as it’s “defective” but I already swapped it to the same results. If I had a V1 to test with to see if that changed anything I’d test that possibility out.

Just upgraded my outdoor firmware today and getting this mirroring issue as well.

1 Like

Anyone here having this issue please post your logs (cam settings > Wyze support > submit a log) in this linked thread, and add a :heart: to my post so Wyze knows it’s a common issue.

1 Like

Same thing happened to my 2outdoor v2 cameras. I hope they fix this bug soon

1 Like