When did the SD Card Timeline ‘Tint’ Occur?

In any case, why change the cursor to cyan ?

If there’s a rationale for that I’d like to hear it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice Catch Peep. That is an interesting change. So far almost everyone prefers the former color scheme. It is too hard to see short events in the lighter color scheme.

I always record continuous on every cam, but I still think it should be the darker version because it is too hard to see events for those who use it.

I will say that the new color LOOKS really nice when in continuous mode, especially compared to the old darker color. It is more gentle/soothing and not as LOUD visually. But despite the nice aesthetic in continuous mode, it makes events look WAY worse and feel harder to use.

The results of the 2 polls are not surprising me so far:

3 Likes

I guess it was introduced in app v. 2.30.0 (130)? Hadn’t noticed it before that (and haven’t installed the latest app.)

I think the app default setting is Continuous (?) so Continuous men abound preternaturally :wink:

Looked around the help pages but couldn’t find anything to illustrate the Timeline or its use, only this overview:

Obligatory pun thing:

Wyze API aesthetes are cyanimals.

noun A person having a specified aptitude or set of interests (mostly cyan.)

1 Like

Just FYI… I see the latter via current production app versions. I see the former under current beta app versions.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is a default setting for that since none of the cams ship with the uSD in place and uSD recording activated.

If those who do record continuous, like I do, are anything like me, it’s because the motion detection and AI tagging for the cloud recordings is but a fading shadow of what it used to be. Because I just can’t trust it’s stability and accuracy, I have to record continuous just to be sure I have a decent record of the video when I need it.

1 Like

Sounds promising, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the latest Android Beta I am still seeing the lighter color, rather than the darker one.
You’re using iOS though, right? Interesting that it is different. I wonder why.

2 Likes

I figure, new cam, set up, install SD card (read in wyze help someplace that you can insert the card while the cam is powered up - did not know that, thought you had to power down. If recognized it goes ‘ding!’) settings, toggle SD recording, default is… :slight_smile:

Are your recordings security critical? Mine are not. They do allow me to drag furniture dumped against our property in the alley back to the apt house whence it came. We have monthly turnover in this mostly multi-family neighborhood…

The night conditions under which I’m detecting persons is far from ideal so I’ve never expected reliable detection. I get the frustration, though.

I also.

I cobbled together the ‘former’ and ‘latter’ graphics in the OP from different sources. I realized later the bottom of the four is actually from an iOS app screen capture posted on the forum. The cyan cursor in iOS is much thinner (like apple users? :slight_smile: )

This is IOS, time line looks light to me.

2 Likes

Ah ha! It’s not an app version difference… it’s a cam type difference. It appears that only the Cam v3 displays former. Now that’s odd. Maybe firmware version?

Take a look at the timeline of a v3 running 4.36.9.131 using your Android app. It displays former via current production app and current beta.

1 Like

Yes. Difference by Cam FW…

Android 2.30.0(130)

V3 on FW 4.36.8.32

CamPan V1 on FW 4.10.8.1002

I guess UI standardization within the ecosystem isn’t a design constraint.

3 Likes

YepYep, Continuous.

Yes. It is the one and only purpose for installing them.

1 Like

Agreed. Then I was on about platform cursor skinniness… without much merit it turns out… :slight_smile:

Heh.

2 Likes

Wow, that 9-mo old thread is cyanimated:+1:

(in the bargain I learned that @seapup still mows his own field. Pretty good for an old dude. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Here’s the effect, Events, Portrait and Landscape, on a night scene:

Android app 2.31.0 (145)
v2 Firmware 4.9.8.1002

1 Like

Bump.

Same Events viewed in Portrait and Landscape on a day scene.

Arrows added in Landscape (cuz who could see 'em udderwise.)

:cow:

1 Like

Hey, I’m hanging back a coupla firmware versions.

Android app v2.37.0(117)
v2 Firmware 4.9.8.1002

Did they fix it in the latest? :unicorn: :rainbow: :crossed_fingers:

Ok, maybe this. Even though the user base may be somewhat evenly split between those who use Continuous and those who use Event SD card recording, Wyze weighted the design to favor Continuous users.

The transparent background shade of the timeline (to make timeline ruler details stand out over the scene) is tinted with a faint cyan which maintains the transparency Continuous users would lose with a bold, opaque cyan I as an Event man would prefer. :man_shrugging:

Green is a horrible color for everything except trees and grass. :grin:

****Edit. and US Dollars/Geen eyes :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Color of Money Peep (roughly)

For my pal, the sailor.

He yam what he yam. :grin: