Fix-It Friday 12/2/22

Fix-It Friday Callout

Well my Forum friends, we made it to Friday!

And it’s the first Friday of the month, you know what that means. it means it is time for this month’s Fix-It-Friday callout! :tada:

If this is your first Fix-It Friday, welcome! For background, while our communities are not designed to be a replacement for Wyze Support, our community members and community managers do our best to help you out here. As our communities scale up, we want to make sure that any outstanding bugs or issues that you folks are facing are on our internal radar and that we’re transparent in our process of working on them.

Here’s how this works:

• We’ll make a post on the first Friday of the month in every community (Core Community on Facebook, Forums, Reddit, and Discord).
  • Check the comments. If you see any other comments with issues that you’re facing, vote for them with a like (the heart button at the bottom of their reply)
  • Got something new? Reply to our post with the top issue that you’re facing this week with your Wyze products to help loop us in.
  • We’ll grab the top comment from each community and make a follow-up post on Monday to detail what those issues are and how we plan to fix them. If we need more info from the community to help figure out what’s going on, we’ll let you know on Monday - so please make sure to take a look!
  • The following Mondays in the month, we’ll be posting updates about our progress on Fix-It Friday submissions.
  • Sometimes Mondays are actually Tuesdays if we don’t get all the info we need on time for posting on Monday. Our apologies! :sweat_smile:
  • Remember, this is for existing things that aren’t working right. If you are looking for a new feature or for us to add functionality that’s not already available, please use our Wishlist instead!

We’re constantly working on improvements for everyone. But we hope that this process will both help us prioritize issues that are important to our communities and help you feel more in the loop.

Got a request for something new or an additional feature? Check our Roadmap to see if it’s in the works or check out our Wishlist for new requests. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to see how this works, you can check this previous Fix-It Friday post:
https://forums.wyze.com/t/fix-it-friday-11-4-2022/246515/26

5 Likes

Give us some option to change the color scheme in the app. It is damn near unreadable.

3 Likes

Copied From Wyze Discord

WCO Keeps Rotating 180 Degrees

Log: 831432

Happens in both live view and recorded events, effects at least WCO V1.

I’m not able to repro on my 4 WCOs YET

4 Likes

I see this issue on WCO v1 and WCO v2.

4 Likes

V3Pro not live streaming in the app correctly during the daytime, but works in the evening even without nightvision enabled

There are a lot of reports of this throughout this thread:

And while this isn’t happening to everyone, I counted at least 16 people in that thread confirming this is happening to them, so it’s not an isolated incident.

10 Likes

Yes, this!
I’d love to be able to experience 2k during a nice sunny day in person rather than just at night.

4 Likes

Spotlight for v3 is being forgotten as an accessory

I’m still experiencing this on a few v3’s . I’m on FW 4.36.9139

1 Like

I’d like stationary vehicles to not be tagged as “vehicles” whenever any motion is detected.

This seems defeat the apparent purpose of the “vehicle” event tag in a relatively common parking lot or driveway situation.

5 Likes

Wyze is working on a vehicle moving detection feature to fix this . Should be coming out sometime next year .

6 Likes

Video Doorbell is not sending a notification when the button is pressed

Reports are that it still places a VOIP call (so the button is working), and motion notifications still work (so notifications aren’t snoozed), but for some reason there is suddenly no notification for the pressed doorbell when there should be (used to be). There have been multiple reports in this thread now, so it’s not an isolated incident:

3 Likes

Home Monitoring System Bug (on iOS only) - Security Risk.

• Opened Zones are not showing up (asopened) on the Wyze app when arming the alarm. The worst part is that the alarm WILL ARM (as usual) even though there are several opened zones, without any notification.
    This has been tested by several forum mods & members.
    It’s a huge security risk for all Home Monitoring subscribers who use iOS.

Se thread here:
WYZE Home Monitoring: Why am I able to Arm the system while zones are still opened and without being notified about those opened Zones from the app? - Services & Integrations - Wyze Forum

Thanks! :+1: Did not know this.

2 Likes

I will try again on my bug:

Wyze Switch - Issues with making modifications to “Additional Controls” - Power & Lighting - Wyze Forum

2 Likes

I am afraid Wyze software/firmware is nothing more than beta. After upgrading to the Cam v3 Pro I have not been able to view any events recorded to the cloud on my cellphone. I can only view live camera events on my cellphone. Every time I try to view recorded events on my cellphone I get a code 09 Video Player error and the videos will not play. I’ve tried everything to resolve this, including starting from scratch with reinstalling the cameras. I’ve even uninstalled the app on my cellphone and reinstalled the app. This action got live stream working again, but that’s all. I can view recorded to the cloud events on Webview but not on my cellphone. I cannot view live streaming events on Webview. Nothing the “Wizards” or customer support has told me to do from their checklist approach to problems solving has worked. I’m ready to give up on Wyze and go with another provider.

1 Like

Delete. Add to wish list. This is not an existing feature. Read instructions.

Howdy, folks! :cowboy_hat_face:

Per request, we’ll be adjusting our document to have a slightly different order than before where requests that need more information from our community members will be at the top. Let us know how this feels and if it helps, please! Here’s our update for this week:

Reddit - No motion detection notifications on Wyze Cam v3 Pro when a custom detection zone is set :pensive:

Could you please send in logs if you’re experiencing this? Here’s how to do it:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply so we can get it to the right folks.

Core - Videos are not uploading to the cloud :cloud:

We have beta firmware for Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam Pan v2 releasing tomorrow that is targeting connectivity and Event Video stability. Hopefully this will do the trick! If you’re a beta tester, please give us feedback once you’re able to test the firmware.

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not live streaming in the app properly during the day but works properly at night even without night vision enabled :thinking:

We’re looking into this and we’ll let you know if we have any follow-up questions!

Discord - Wyze Cam Outdoor image is not saving the rotate 180 degrees setting and it must be reapplied when entering the live stream :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We have halted the Wyze Cam Outdoor camera and Base Station firmware that was released on December 7th while we look into this issue. Thanks for the report! We’ll let you know if we have further questions.

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :frowning_face:

We’re still looking for microSD card logs for this topic! We’ve received a few and we really appreciate the help. If you’re experiencing this and have a microSD card and a computer that can read the card, please send us a log to look at. Here’s how:

When the device shows offline, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two “ding” sounds usually within 30 seconds. On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log that you can access with a computer. The files are named as xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 microSD card playback is skipping the first minute of every hour (excluding midnight) :clock1:

This fix will be in an upcoming Wyze Cam v3 release. But that’s pending some other critical bug fixes before we can release it.

Discord - Cameras that are subscribed to Cam Plus Lite cannot enable person detection when a camera is in Wyze Home Monitoring :thinking:

No further update here. We’ve been able to reproduce this issue from our side and are looking through the logs. Thanks for the help!

Reddit - Event recordings are skipping/stuttering :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is a top priority for us. We’ve been making progress but it isn’t finalized. For this one, there’s work from our side but we also have to work with our partners like AWS. We know this has been an issue and we apologize for how long it’s been taking to fix it.

Reddit - Wyze Outdoor Cam gets stuck at 1/3 without reset of the base station :one:

The currently halted Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware is expected to help with this. We’ll keep you updated about progress.

Forum - Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

We are still planning this change for the 2.38 app and are making progress!

Wyze Lock Bolt doesn’t auto-unlock when the “Disable during hours” schedule ends until someone manually locks the door again :nut_and_bolt:

It’s time to bring this one back! We’re doing a combo firmware release with a Wyze Video Doorbell integration and we expect this firmware to be released before the end of the year. The current plan is for the firmware to be released to beta next week.

Thanks for your time! We’ll see you next week for Fix-It Friday.

3 Likes

Jason,

I have been posting this over and over again on these Fix-It Fridays. Why aren’t you adding it to the list? Do you need me to submit logs, open an incident, whatever?

This post too (1 year ago). All 3 of my wall switches do this. I love the wall switches but wish this was fixed.

1 Like

We add one issue from each community that gets the most votes essentially. However if you can submit a log on these issues and let me know what firmware the switch is on and what app version you are running I will escalate both issues internally and see what I can find out about them.

3 Likes