Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware 4.X.6.191 released! 9/30/20

IMPORTANT: The update was paused as we analyze a bug found after launch. You can find details in the post linked below.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Hello, forum friends!

Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware are releasing now! 4.X.6.191 fixes bugs that could cause reboots, Cam Plus devices to not record motion, Wyze Cam Pans recording too many Events, reduces the “no fragment” error likelihood, and more!

Read our Release Notes here:

8 Likes

Thanks WyzeGwendolyn! We appreciate all efforts to improve an already wonderful product!

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates!

2 Likes

Upgraded 2 cams. No issues.
Thanks for keeping updated!!

3 Likes

Anybody installed? I am scared… Last update deleted all recordings and introduced new bugs…
Hopefully defect with camera crash during recording viewing fixed…
Lets give wyze one more chance??

Though I already installed reolink wire free -) -= works as a charm

1 Like

4 cameras went offline, and wouldn’t come back even after unplugged two of them and plugged back again!
What should I do now?

5 Likes

Just updated 2 cameras.
So far no major bugs found. At least now camera don’t crashes during microSD card playback. Pls don’t touch this function anymore…

Defect with message “no more” is still there

2 Likes

Six v2 cams updated successfully, all seems to be working fine.

2 Likes

Both cameras I own failed to update and have error code 90, says check internet connection and reboot. Done this numerous times and still dead…

6 Likes

Updated my cams and all is well.

@charlie.waterworth Welcome to the forums! What’s the app version you’re using?

2 Likes

Just updated 8v2 and 3pan without issues.

3 Likes

Android V2.13.119

2 Likes

My camera isn’t detecting any events after upgrade :sob:

2 Likes

Restarting your cams may help. My events are working fine.

3 Likes

I contacted support who asked me to manually update the firmware to v4.9.6.191 via sdcard. Same problem, just hangs with flashing blue led.

So manually downgraded to v4.9.6.156 and cameras working fine again. Not sure why 191 doesn’t work in my case.

6 Likes

I’m using the Beta app v2.14.32 so my experience will be different from the production app.

2 Likes

How can I do manual downgrade?

1 Like
5 Likes

Same all offline…/[Mod Edit] frustrating…

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes