Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware 4.X.6.191 released! 9/30/20

I have tried to upgrade 4 Wyze cams v2 and 2 Wyze cams pan to this new firmware and they are all offline. The cameras keep trying to reconnect - they have a flashing blue light so are connecting to the Wifi but are not going online.

2 Likes

Glad itā€™s working for some folks! For the others, if you unplug the camera and plug it in, does it help?

If not, could you please send in a log through Account > Help & Feedback and then post your log number here? Iā€™ll tell the team!

1 Like

I have just attempted to upgrade, both over the air and using sdcard, cam is now offline. After powering off and back on I have a flashing blue light on the back of cam. That is allā€¦

2 Likes

all the updates cause all 3 of my cams to give me error code 90 and i cant fix it, i cant get any cams to connect

1 Like

i did that, unplug, restart, add new and all my cams will not connect, it gives me an error 90 then when i delete and add it will not connect. Please fix the update. All cams are inop at this time

1 Like

im in the same boat. Super frustrated and i really cant do the manual way either

1 Like

All my cameras are now offline after the update. The only workaround is to downgrade it to 156. This worked for me. I urge anyone who got theirs offline to manually update to 156.

3 Likes

Download the old 156 firmware (July 2020) and install that manually. 191 Didnā€™t work for me (both auto and manual).

1 Like

Download the old 156 firmware (July 2020) and install that manually. 191 Didnā€™t work for me (both auto and manual). Try this

1 Like

Not such a great solution if a cam is in a difficult to reach location, or used by someone with no technical background. I suggest the upgrade is withdrawn, fixed and reissued.

3 Likes

The only thing that worked for me was to download 156 version. Could you please fix this for us? I reckon thereā€™s a massive number of users affected by this 191 update. Keep us posted once 192 or whatever the next version comes out

1 Like

Iā€™m letting the team know about these reports. Most folks are out of the office now but Iā€™ve sent a few messages in different areas.

1 Like

Haha same boat mate. I had to manually reach all of my cams that are outside with a ladder :frowning:

1 Like

Stop advertising the update!

1 Like

Same here. Immediately post update all cams are offline despite power cycling. Update appears to be bad! Donā€™t install!!!

1 Like

Thank goodness I checked this fine forum. Rather than updateā€¦Iā€™m going to have a beer :beers::grin:

7 Likes

Just installed a Reolink E1 today. Works as advertised, many more functional options than Wyze, PC and/or Apple app with full control of the camera. Better than Wyze in every respect except footprint. I think Iā€™ve found my Wyze replacements. :+1:

2 Likes

I upgraded three cameras and they are all offline. I unplugged them all and replugged in but problem persists. Hopefully, it is recording at least. Help!

We have this update paused as we look into what is causing this problem for some folks. If you are having trouble with your Wyze Cam being offline after the firmware update, please send in a log.

The usual method wonā€™t work because the camera is offline. This time, please generate a log by putting a microSD card into your Wyze Cam, waiting for the ding ding sound, and then read the file with a computer. When you find the most recent one (theyā€™re named with dates), please make sure it was generated around the time you tried to get a long and, if so, send it in an email to xli@wyze.com. If not, you can insert the microSD card again if you want to try again.

5 Likes

I am having the same problem as everyone else.

You are supposed to be reliable, You are the first security cam company i have ever went with and i am paying for your services monthly. are the other companyā€™s more reliable?