Wyze Bulb Color - Smart WiFi bulb with 16 million colors & sleep routines

Wyze bulbs can be triggered by IFTTT “then” actions:

Wyze Rules (Shortcuts, Schedules and Device Triggers) can also turn on/off the Wyze Bulbs and set their color and brightness.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030764911-Rules-with-Wyze-Bulb

1 Like

Yes, but that isn’t technically a toggle.

As you see above, there is only a turn on or turn off (plus brightness and color temp for the bulb).
I’d like an option where if its on, turn it off; and if its off, turn it on.
Like below (these are the triggers on those other bulbs im using):

I can do it with IFTTT and virtual switches in SmartThings, but the react time is like 4-5 whole seconds.
Virtual switches within Wyze would be another game changer!

Ahah, I see what you’re saying. The ability to toggle the bulb state via IFTTT and Wyze Rules are included in these two #wishlist topics respectively:

Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Please hop over and vote for and/or comment on those topics.

3 Likes

Sure thing, just made sure both were voted for!

1 Like

Hi @Kimj my wife and I were looking at night lights for toddlers and It made me think of Wyze bulbs. What would be awesome is if there was a bulb that could turn colors at a specific time. For example the light remains red (or a color you select) until the toddler can wake up and then changes green (or a color you select) at a set time.

My thought is this could be setup using rules. From 5:00pm to 7:00pm light is green (or a color you select). New rule from 7:00pm to 6:00am light is red. New rule from 6:00am to 6:30pm the light would be green.

Creating multiple rules could hopefully allow the type of functionality I am looking for.

A bonus would be a dim on or off for each specific rule. So for some rules the light dims on or off bilut not always. Assuming you want it to dim on when you wake up but maybe not at other times.
Also… rules that can be set by day so each rule only happens on certain days.

I hope this all makes sense and thank you for listening to suggestions. I love Wyze and all the products you offer.

4 Likes

Interested in Full Color Wyze bulbs as well! Also, very interested in testing when that is an option!

1 Like

I love your ideas! They are definitely noted! @brandonrutledge88

Btw on the dim on/off feature, you are not alone. Many community members have requested it for waking up. This feature is in Beta Testing right now with our Wyze Bulb! Should release soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would love a version of the Bulb where I could change the color.

It would be cool to be able to control it to my music. I have a man cave with a bar and speakers, would be cool to put the bulbs in here and sync them to my music. I use Spotify and Alexa to play music in there, not sure how the bulbs could do that but maybe a feature with connecting to Amazon?

1 Like

That is something for Wyze to think about. The current bulbs don’t change very fast but maybe Wyze could make these new ones to change quick and move to music

1 Like

Please give us full color bulbs already… I can’t wait any longer… :cold_face:

2 Likes

A full color light bulb would be nice!

4 Likes

Has there been any updates on the color Wyze bulbs in the last few months? I have a few white bulbs, but I’m very eager to get my hands on some color bulbs in the future!

1 Like

Hi @Crigaas! Since you asked for an update, we made one for you! (A video of @MaxS playing with the color bulb.) The bulbs are in development, and we hope to bring them to our beta user testing soon! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Is that changing automatically or is Max toggling the colors? Dance party mode? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Kimj since the color bulb was my request can I be a beta tester pretty please. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

@Kimj I’d also like to throw my name in the hat for beta testing. I won so many Wyze products and love the brand. I would love to have my voice and opinion heard through testing. Plus been waiting for the color bulbs forever…
P.S. You just made my day even happier by just saying their coming…

3 Likes

I have a few lamps that are just begging for a color Wyze bulb. :grinning:

2 Likes

Color bulbs would be great! I can imagine different automations where you could flash different colors when certain doors are opened, or motion is detected. I’m looking forward to the beta user testing!

1 Like

Hello @Kimj! That looks super cool!!

I would love to beta test this when Wyze is ready to start testing it! :slight_smile:

Thanks

2 Likes