Great! I would like if you guys could make the new one to be able to go brighter and dimmer than the current one
Not to sound greedy but really want dimmer and brighter, more like Phillips hue bulbs but not at their outrageous price.
Wyze Product Manager goes: AHHHHH!!! How do I satisfy these Wyze users!!!
jk! We want to make great products that are accessible to everyone
Even hue bulbs are only 800 lumens, brighter and the bulb itself has to be much bigger.
All the smart bulbs I’ve purchased have had problems with being too bright at the lower light levels. To compensate with my bedside bulb, I start it with the lowest brightness level in a blue color, then progress to warmer colors and higher brightness in one minute increments. I think it’s a gentler way to wake up.
Hello! Is there any way that the Full Color Smart Bulb could be installed in a fixture made for dimmable light bulbs? If at all possible would the bulbs be able to work with the dim switch?
Absolutely not. LED bulbs need full voltage to work. Dimming them will ruin them (eventually).
Hmmmm… what if the bulbs changed the voltage needed as the switch was turned down? Is this possible or do I have no idea how light bulbs work?
There has to be a way to do it though right? I mean how or normal bulbs work on dimmer switches? Why can’t a Smart Light Bulb work on a dimmer switch?
Because dimmer switches work by lowering the amount of power to the bulb, led bulbs don’t work like that. Also there is no point of smart bulbs if you are going to use a manual dimmer.
LED bulbs certainly CAN be dimmed, just not in the same fashion as the typical incadece bulbs are dimmed. We are talking about a smart bulb here so you need a smart switch. Yes, it can look and feel like a typical slide switch you are used to, but it won’t function the same way. There are 2 ways the LEDS can dim both are described below.
To dim a LED for instance to 10% brightness, the LED is “on” 10% of the cycle and “off” for the other 90%. For an LED light dimmed to 50% brightness, the light is turned “on” for half the cycle. Basically, the longer the “on” periods are relative to the “off” periods, the brighter the LED looks. It needs to pulse quick enough so your eyes don’t notice it. Cheap LED lights have a flickering effect. Let’s hope @JimL don’t fall into that trap.
- Analog dimming
Analog dimming is another way to dim an LED. In this scenario, the analog dimming supply controls the forward current being fed to the LEDs; its electronics linearly reduce the current so as to dim the LEDs.
Thanks for clarifying!
I have tons of leds on Lutron Caséta smart wall dimmers. But you can run into trouble if you mix and match led bulbs. One might not dim the same or shut completely off. Each company does LED a bit differently. I contacted Lutron and we tried a few things before I switched all bulbs to same make/model. That fixed it.
I would like to see the bulbs in different sizes too like a led can bulb or flood bulb.
Colored bulbs like Hue would be great, and please have higher lumen choices as well.
Colored lights, full spectrum. Thanks!
I’ve been using Philips Wiz, I think they are about $15 per bulb and work without a hub.
I have 3x BR30s and 3x A19s, all full color.
BR30s in basement / computer room, 2x A19s in bedroom, and the last A19 I’ve turned into an “on air” or “do not disturb” light. If it’s red, I know that my GF is currently “Live” online and not to enter the basement.
Sure would be great not to have to use IFTTT in my bulb automations!
And if you can beat their price point, I’m going to have to find a way to unload all these Wiz bulbs lol!
I need the full color wyze bulb like two weeks ago. Does anyone have an update to its release?
I also wanted to add a really cool thing about the bulbs I’m using, they have a “toggle” trigger/action for ifttt.
If you guys could add that to your “rules” for bulbs, that would be amazing!