Wyze app for android is not working

I have a Galaxey S23 Ultra phone. I downloaded the app & i can not get signed in. I put in my email & password, then hit the login button & it goes no where. Screen doesnt change doest even try to log in. Any suggestions? Anyone else have that issue? Thank you for the help. Sometimes it will say this in an orange box
" Invalid client or context, please access login page through Wyze app or official website.

Request Id: db99f21c-fc5b-48b4-8a42-8939a353b823"

Make sure you’re using the official wyze app. That last error message you referred to makes it sound like you’re not using the official app.

1 Like

It says it is so i dont know. It is the only one on the play store

1 Like

Do you use a VPN on your phone? Try disabling that then try again.

1 Like

Yes, that is the right one. Try what @Omgitstony suggested.

1 Like

No I don’t

Any fix for this? I have been having this issue for over a week now. Can’t sign in whether by web or app.

Any updates? I have a galaxy s21 ultra and 2 weeks ago i was unable to view events, my husband with the same phones and seetings can with no problems. Im the primary on the account, we have tried everything shutting down the internet reconnecting the cameras ect. Im 1 foot out the door with this system. I need to be able to view events!

I have the same issue. Can’t log into Android app any more. Get either nothing or the same screen as OP. Anyone figure this out?

Got it to work. I’m using Edge on Android and had to Turn on allowing Edge to open external apps in the settings.

That seems potentially useful for others here, so thanks for posting the follow-up! It’s not something I would’ve thought to suggest. I use Firefox on Android but haven’t had that issue with logging in.

I’m not sure why that would even work unless the app was passing login to the installed browser app or allowing login to be passed to it. From what I’ve seen, it doesn’t do that.

Otherwise, just using the browser open in app will simply open the app same as tapping on the app icon. I see no way for them to open to a specific part of the app like a web store going to a product page.

If its not the first then it should have really done nothing. Edit - If it is the first then good find.

I believe that this is exactly what’s happening. To test, I logged out of the Wyze app, rebooted, and then launched the Wyze app. As soon as I tapped the Get Started button on the main screen, the app launched a browser (Firefox) session for me to provide login credentials. After I entered those and the appropriate number from the two-factor authentication app I use, the browser sent me back to the Wyze app, which then navigated to the home screen with my device list.

I agree. I think @williams1 hit on a solution that could potentially be helpful for a lot of people who might need to look into changing browser settings or permissions on their devices. Now I’m wondering if Wyze Support is aware of this… :thinking:

I just tested it as well -after your post to see what was going on - as I don’t remember that and yes its using a WebView (Chromium aka Chrome) browser window (can be passed to and I think switched with 3rd party browsers today as well). A WebView is what apps historically use in-app.

But, it wasn’t necessary to do these steps that @williams1 listed. While I initially saw a sign in error, the 2nd attempt worked without doing anything special.

I understand what you’re saying. I don’t have have any personal experience with Edge on Android, though.

This makes sense to me from my experience with Firefox, because after I entered my Wyze account credentials and my authentication code the browser asked me for permission to open the Wyze app. (I suspect that’s because Firefox opened a “Private browsing” session and requests the user’s assent before breaking out of that; I get the same kind of dialogue when logging in to some other apps or when I want to launch the YouTube app from Firefox.) This is why I think giving Edge that permission beforehand may actually be part of the solution in @williams1’s case.

I appreciate your testing and input, because I think at least part of your point is that we don’t want to be sending others off with advice that has no discernible effect on the problem at hand and have them barking up the wrong tree. The Web’s full of all kinds of such “advice”. If changing the Edge setting wasn’t actually the solution to the problem, then we can speculate on what was and what else @williams1 might have done. I’m just saying from my perspective with a different (non-Chrome/Chromium) browser, the steps @williams1 took to get it to work make sense.

I haven’t used a Samsung device for years, so I don’t know if those still use a non-Chrome default browser, but I wonder if something similar could be at play for some of the others :point_up: who’ve posted in this topic.