Wyze App 3.0.5.x

Since I finally got around to installing v3.0.5.558 and testing some issues I’ve been dealing with, it’s probably appropriate to report follow-up on those issues here.

The issues with “empty” Device Groups that I mentioned in the v3.0 announcement topic are a bit of a mixed bag. I have been unable to recreate the experience of deleting the last item from a Device Group (thus leaving an empty Group), backing out of the empty Group, and seeing the Devices list in disarray. I don’t know why this happened to me once before, but since I haven’t been able to reproduce the outcome, it seems like a one-time glitch that I can’t explain.

Even with this latest production version of the app, I am able to see a Group labeled as “Empty” even when I have just added an item to what was previously an empty Device Group. It doesn’t matter if the Group is “new” (created in the v3.0 app) or “old” (created in the v2.5x app prior to v3.0 app availability); the experience is the same. I have noticed in my testing that it’s not necessary to actually close the Wyze app in order to restore the correct Group status labels. At one point, I let my screen time-out/lock, and when I unlocked my phone, the “Empty” and “Off” labels were correct. At other times, I tap to the Favorites tab and then back to Devices and see a label switch from “Empty” to “Off” as I’m watching (I have seen this happen with both old and new Groups, and this is reproducible). There may be some kind of time/lag/status-refresh issue involved, which doesn’t seem abnormal and is likely the expected behavior, so this may not actually be a bug.

As @ronl4625 reported, I can confirm that the “Cameras as Chime” feature continues to be hosed and unusable in the v3.0 app.

Given that Wyze seemed to make a big deal about “Rules” now being called “Automations” in their marketing e-mail messages, on their Web site, and in a relevant Help Center article, why do the Android widgets in the new app still show options for “Rule 3 × 3”, “Rule 5 × 2”, and “Rule 5 × 5”?

I don’t yet see any significant improvements with the v3.0.5.x update (vs v3.0.0.x), but I’ll continue to compare it to the v2.5x app that I’m still keeping on my main phone (for now) and hope that some of these newer/lingering issues are addressed in a timely fashion (whatever that means).

:pencil2: Edit: The sloppy clean-up with PiP appears to continue to be an issue with this production update.

2 Likes