What to do with ERROR Code -1

I’ve never had this before
ERROR Code -1

Just happened this morning after it was OK for awhile then it popped up. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it. Sometimes it comes back but mostly not.

3 Likes

Are you getting it when viewing a camera group?

I’ve been experiencing that too, I’ve restarted my phone and it hasn’t shown up … give it a try

Edit: after restarting the phone , the issue went away but only for a limited time. The error came back, I’m reporting this to Wyze . Hopefully we get a fix soon

1 Like

Yes, getting it when viewing a camera group.

At this point, it comes and goes. Sometimes it comes up fine sometimes I’m getting the error code. Not sure what’s going on.

2 Likes

Same here , it comes and goes . Been like this since 3 am EST. Let’s hope we can get to the bottom of this

3 Likes

Yesterday I did an update of apps as requested by Wyze. But this problem just started this morning. So far I have:

Rebooted Modem and Router
Reinstalled the app

Tried connecting on different devices

Weird how it comes and goes. Not sure whose issue it is.

1 Like

Check this out, not sure if it’s related but I’d bet it is.

have you updated the app to the latest Hot Fix version?

Hey @tlhutch4 can you submit a log for this issue ?

Go to account > wyze support> submit a log

Wyze is aware of this issue and looking into it. The more logs the better

When you submit your log , you’ll get a log id number. Please pass it down and we’ll send it to Wyze .

@WyzeJasonJ tagging you here so when @tlhutch4 posts the log you can take care of sending it up . Thanks Jason

Firmware says it’s latest version for all devices….tlhutch4

What App Version are you running? Not Firmware. The Hot Fix is a new Wyze App.

88146 submitted
Tlhutch4

1 Like

881496 - corrected from above
Tlhutch4

1 Like

My app version is 2.38. 3 (3)

Tlhutch4

@tlhutch4
I am sorry this is happening. We are currently looking into this and have sent logs to the team.

2 Likes

Rulwiz’ Are you still having this problem that you and I began talking about early this morning …I am…tlhutch4

1 Like

Yes , still showing error code -1 and failure to connect for the camera group. Its been spotty and in and out throughout much of the day but it still persists

1 Like

Rulwiz, At least I know I’ not alone in the wilderness here. If you’ve been following the post on forum you will see that our communication earlier today spurred a lot of conversation.

1 Like

Seems rebooting iPhone fixes the issue however it does come back randomly. I have 7 cams in a group and sometimes as you swipe up or down it says “loading live stream” some load immediately some take 10 to 20 seconds. If i choose to expand a cam it shows the image from earlier in the day and stays like that until you swipe or close and expand again. I am going to try deleting the cam group and just leave it as individual devices.

2 Likes

Let me throw my hat in the pool. An hour ago I updated the app to 2.38.3.(3) on my iPhone. All five cameras sporadically connect and come back with Error: Code-1). Thankfully I did not update the app on my iPad and that is running fine. At least for me, the culprit is the latest version of Wyze app for iOS.

EDIT: Looks like the app is not communicating with cameras at all as I don’t get notifications anymore.

2 Likes

5 - V3 cams in group error code -1 all day from about 1030am 1/6/23. Was 35 miles away and my simplisafe notified me of door opening but wyze cameras all error -1. Off and on all day. I realize these are not true security cams but they should at least work - right? Sent in multiple logs. Hopefully this gets fixed soon or I will be buying a different brand of cameras to monitor house and rental properties.
Edit - I tried force restarting multiple times. I tried deleting group and they all still did error -1. Recreated group and did not fix.

2 Likes