What to do with ERROR Code -1

Error Code -1 Remains an issue this morning (Saturday)

We need an update from WYZE on this. Agreed ?

2 Likes

I also continue to get this issue. I also find even my non grouped cams now have worse connection issues with the app, even after cycling both cams and phone.

2 Likes

Rulwiz,
’Are you still having this problem that you and I began talking about early yesterday
?

I am…tlhutch4

1 Like

Yes . From 3 am - 12 am EST the issue still persists

1 Like

It would be so nice to get an update on this issue. It’s getting very frustrating.

2 Likes

As of 1203pm today 1/7/23 mine seem to have started working. At least every time I check them.

Wyze reported yesterday that they are aware of the issue and looking into the issue:

If you are expecting daily updates, you will get more than frustrated. I would hope for an update sometime over the next few days. Please also watch the Wyze News category and this topic where an update from Wyze may be posted: Wyze app 2.38 hotfix - Released 1/5/2023

1 Like

Same here. The cameras quickly connect with no Error Code-1. Looks like it was a server issue on Wyze’s side. Hope it stays solid and we haven’t jinksed it :wink:

The interface on the latest app 2.38.3.3 is something else altogether and knowing Wyze’s reputation of how quickly they fix things, it will never happen :slight_smile:

1/7/23 10:30am PST this is still an on going issue. Very frustrating!

As of 2:29 EST the Error: (code-1) is back and persistent.

3:03pm central time all my cams are again offline and showing error -1. My simplisafe cameras are working fine.

1 Like

Error -1 continues here too

1 Like

Error -1 happening here.

Log 882343 submitted

1 Like

Just started again 9:28pm 1/7/23 — error -1

1 Like

I am having the error code 1 also but it’s intermittent. It seems to go away if I wait a few minutes. But that doesn’t help me see who is at the door until long after they are gone

1 Like

First the Wyze thermostats ended up costing us a $500 electric bill last month (found out after extensive research here and on Reddit) - that heat pump systems with electric strips as backup do not work well AT ALL with the Wyze tstats. Electric bill shot up over $300 the normal cost with literally almost the same exact kwh usage the year prior, when using a Honeywell tstat.

Now, there was an active crime at our home and we couldn’t view ANY of the eight cameras at the house. All throwing error -1, which I’ve never seen before. Lovely.

I am officially done with Wyze products.

2 Likes

Also whenever the error -1 shows up , a lot of the other cameras show as offline which in fact they aren’t . When I open the group layer on and they do connect and load the live streams they all live stream .

Hoping this issue gets resolved quickly

JUST when Wyze got it right, with the iPad, for horizontal viewing of my 8 cameras, they go and screw it up again with this stupid update. Just like apple unnecessarily always makes changes now (for the worst), Wyze is also now changing things “just to change them”. LEAVE GOOD WORKING FEATURES ALONE. The camera view in the app is garbage now. I used to be able to view 4 cams at a time and then swipe right to quickly view the other 4, and in horizontal mode it was perfect. I have never complained about Wyze products before but when things work perfect then they need to QUIT CHANGING THINGS JUST TO CHANGE THINGS!!

1 Like

OMG, I thought this problem was my end and the only one experiencing it. Nice to know others have this problem too. I hope this gets fixed…tlhutch4

What can be done to get this fixed or back to the way it was. Seems like the last update caused many problems…thhutch4