WCO V1 & V2 since Nov 6 update, cooldown period is 1 minute even with Cam Plus and even changing it to "no cooldown"

Anyone working on a fix for the cooldown issue.??? :grimacing:

1 Like

I have it flagged to remind me to submit it for Fix it Friday next Friday, so we can at least get it entered then.

Good :smile_cat:
Thanks

1 Like

We actually are working on it, but looks like Carver is going to try and get it on Fix-It Friday, that will ensure weekly updates.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes mine has been doing the same for months. Very frustrating and annoying to have to keep changing it

This is still an issue

Yes. I just submitted this issue into this month’s Fix-it-Friday event in the Forums, Discord and Reddit:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new here (first post). I confirm that my WCO’s all display “no cooldown” but that they nonetheless cool down for a minute. This is a major issue for my security use case and I am desperate for a resolution.

I acknowledge that the topic is marked as solved, however, the useful solution of using the scheduled recordings is unsuitable for me as I require notifications for every motion event captured.

Don’t worry about the thread marked as solved, it doesn’t mean the issue is over with. Here is Wyze’s latest update about it:

They are collecting logs and working on it and we’ll get a weekly update in that fix-it-friday thread until it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Thanks for your informative response @carverofchoice.

2 Likes

Really need a fix for the cooldown. I almost killed off on of my old WCO v1 cams the other day. Since the cameras insist on having a one minute cooldown I had to set the cam to do scheduled event recording to the SD card overnight and I thought it was set to motion only. I checked the cam the next morning and it said it was off line and the battery was 57% on the app. I brought the cam inside, plugged it in and checked it, the battery said 0% and schedule recording was set to continuous :astonished:
I must have fumbled the settings? Four hours later the cam was back up to 100% and placed back in service and still has 98% battery after two days.
If I was paying for a regular Cam Plus subscription for the four WCO cams I would have cancelled it and used CP lite. I currently have CP unlimited and I shouldn’t have to record to the SD cards in the cams because CP will only record every other min.

2 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ and @carverofchoice, in case it is useful for your reference, I tested a WCO that had not been used since October 2023 and which had firmware version 4.48.418 installed and the device exhibited cooling down for 1-minute despite “no cooldown” selected and Cam Plus enabled – Log ID: 1363494

Consequently, if that firmware version 4.48.418 was released before November 2023, then although others have identified a correlation between a November 2023 update and an incorrect 1-minute cooling down period, that update could not be the cause of the issue with respect to this particular WCO – unless the firmware version of the associated up-to-date Base Station were the issue. For your reference, the associated Base Station had firmware version 4.16.4.523 installed whilst testing the above mentioned WCO.

Additionally, I cannot confirm whether the above mentioned WCO exhibited the incorrect 1-minute cooling down period when used in October 2023.

1 Like

This issue is NOT RESOLVED … ITS A WORK-AROUND. When are they going to fix Cam Plus. This has been a problem since November 2023 and still not resolved.
I’m about to scrap Wyze altogether and replace the 5 cameras with another manufacturer.

1 Like

I’m on firmware 4.48.4.427 and 4.16.4.523 on the base station. To this very moment it still reverts back to a CD of one minute.

So what now?

As you guys may have noticed, since I made that post I have been silent on this issue that I brought up myself. Reason being is that I have since approx Presidents’ Day (I’ll explain later), I switched my cameras to a ring stick up cam solar/plug in.

Reason why I said specifically Presidents’ Day is that they had a sale for them for 69.99 a pop. So far so good. I only had to replace one of them because for some reason it was draining a lot of battery even on solar. The customer service was so vastly different.

What is also great is that when you subscribe to the ring subscription service, it includes EXTENDED WARRANTY on all your Ring cameras. I wish Wyze had that.

I can now be free of the “1 minute cooldown” limit. Fortunately also for the solar panel that I got, it was from a 3rd party BUT I only had to replace the Wyze solar panel with my ring 3rd party panel BUT. I was still able to use the same stand/attachment from the Wyze solar panel lol.

11 April 2024 and still no fix for the undesired 1 minute cooldown. :angry: :angry:

3 Likes

Honestly, I have truly been enjoying the Ring Stick up Cam solar. Very reliable and goodbye to 1 minute cooldown.

Just had to get a chime pro to extend my wifi to the driveway. I highly recommend Ring and their 100 bucks subscription per year. It includes extended warranty on all the cameras that are attached to a subscription.

There isn’t one on Battery Cam Pro, right?