WCO V1 & V2 since Nov 6 update, cooldown period is 1 minute even with Cam Plus and even changing it to "no cooldown"

As the title says, there is a big issue IMO that the WCO V1 and V2s are experiencing since the Nov 6 update. Respectfully the [4.17.4.427] update for the V1 and [4.48.4.427] for the V2.

Just resubmitted the logs from my base station and WCO V2 for the “reset cooldown period/1 minute cooldown” with cam plus subscription.

When the base station gets rebooted, ever since the WCO V2 update 4.48.4.427 (November 6, 2023) and 4.17.4.427 (November 6, 2023) WITH A CAM PLUS SUBSCRIPTION, the cooldown period gets changed from “no cooldown” to “1 minute”. Even after changing it back to no cooldown, the WCO V1/V2 still act as though there is still a 1 minute cooldown period

I know @WyzeJasonJ has said that the team is still looking into the root cause but I hope very soon, this will get resolved. This has been an issue as I said, since November 6. As I am posting this, it is now February 11. I am tired of missing notifications just because of the 1 minute cooldown.

1 Like

Can anyone else confirm this happening to them too? I rarely use the WCO’s. If this is happening since November, I’m surprised that nobody submitted this issue to Fix-it-Friday in the last 3+ months so it could get listed as a priority high-impact issue. Too bad the last Fix-it-Friday event just ended or we could’ve submitted it for Febrary. Jason even extended it because nobody was really reporting bugs/issues this month.

Anyone else able to confirm this is widespread that the WCO’s with Cam Plus are still enforcing a 1minute cooldown?

I’ll try to test mine sometime soon and see if I can replicate it.

3 Likes

Yea I’ve been posting it on the fix it Fridays but in the next Friday post, it’s not mentioned.

Keep in mind the “no cooldown” to record motion works on the SD card but not for cam plus WCO. Like wave your hand… stop… so it’ll record/upload that motion… then try waving to see if it’ll record with the “no cooldown” to cam plus etc.

2 Likes

This is the forum post that first mentioned about the 1 minute cooldown period reset etc also the screenshots of the convo with @WyzeJasonJ

2 Likes

I just tested this and can now confirm that this isn’t an isolated incident and that WCOs are forcing a 1-min cooldown for cam plus events even when the camera is set to have no cooldown.

Log 1312474

Let me tag @WyzeMatt in here since this issue affects subscriptions and he likes to make sure subscriptions are all working properly.

I’ll also tag @WyzeJasonJ in case he needs to pass on the log number or something.

I agree that if no cooldown is an option in the settings then there should be no cooldown, especially when paying for Cam Plus where it should be possible to record all movement like every other camera (including all the other battery cameras). This should be considered a high impact issue. Sorry I didn’t know about before now or I would’ve submitted it for fix-it-friday and voted on it. Hopefully they can still get it resolved soon. Thank you for reporting it again so it got noticed by me this time I overlooked it in the past.

2 Likes

I should mention that for me, my cooldown said it was “no cooldown” but still wouldn’t start a new event for at least 1 minute. The other thread seemed to imply that the no cooldown was reset every day or so for other people (and maybe it will for me later too), but for me testing this the same day right now, it said it stayed on no cooldown, but was still forcing the cooldown. I checked both before and after my test and the setting still said it had no cooldown, but Cam plus still wouldn’t start a new event for 1 minute.

Still, since I see this seems to be the same issue as the other thread, more mods should probably merge this thread into there to keep everything together.

2 Likes

I do agree. Just sad since November, this hasn’t been mentioned on the fix it Friday. Also, same issue for me too. That even after configuring it to “no cooldown” for cam plus, it still acts as though there is a 1 minute cooldown.

1 Like

Thank you again. Same sentiments too about paying for cam plus and yet I am unable to get “no cooldown” with a cam plus subscription.

3 Likes

Yep, this is not good. Could be related to battery saving measures but that should be your personal choice, not ours.

3 Likes

And all 3 of my WCO v2 are connected to solar so no need to limit the WCO no cool down capability with cam plus.

3 Likes

My WCO v1 critter cams all worked great with no cooldown until 6 November I just had to charge them more frequently (5 weeks) instead of 8 weeks. I always charge the cams when the get to 40%, something I have done for over 3 years.
So now I have had to resort to scheduled event recording which also uses more battery power than longer and more frequent cam plus videos. :sob:

3 Likes

Idk if it’s just me, but even before this issue, I’ve noticed when I had scheduled recordings for motion + cam plus, sometimes the scheduled recordings would catch something that the cam plus did not record/upload and cam plus also at the time was no cooldown as well. Is that normal?

2 Likes

:rofl: Sounds familiar. I have had a WCO show 8 cam plus video events on the events page but when I checked the scheduled event recording on the SD in the camera there were 30 events for the same time frame.

2 Likes

Ok glad I’m not the only one who experiences that as well… sigh… I am itching a bit on getting a different set of cams from somewhere else. Has the WCO V2s since May 2023. So far my main concern as well is the reliability in the motion detection/reliable connectivity with the internet. I have the base station set on wifi, in a central location for all 3 WCO. My house is literally a rectangle. 2 on the side, one facing the driveway and one of the cams on the side would always from time to time, go offline and would eventually connect in a few minutes to 10-15 minutes. Idk how I feel about that. I even have the base station reboot itself every 12 hrs to clear the kinks etc and last night at around 1045, right after it did detect motion/recorded/uploaded to cam plus, it was appearing as “offline” in the app for about 10-15 minutes.

I also have a v3 connected to an outlet facing the backyard patio and that thing never disconnects from the wifi directly to the router so idk anymore. Also dislike from time to time the “motion was detected but was unable to upload to cam plus” scenario.

We’ll see how long this cooldown issue will be resolved.

1 Like

Worst case scenario, I flagged this to remind me on March 1st to report this in Fix It Friday and then message all you guys in both threads to go support it so we can get it accepted as a priority high impact issue. I’m surprised this has been going on since November. It’s definitely time to get it put as a priority. So if it’s still happening by March 1st, We’ll bring it up when they’re accepting submissions for a new priority high-impact bug.

BTW, I checked just now and my WCO still says there is no cooldown in the settings, so mine didn’t get changed back like some people reported in the other thread, but even though it says no cooldown, it’s still there.

2 Likes

And even though it hasn’t reverted back to “1 minute” in the settings, the WCO still acts as though there is still a 1 minute cooldown like what you previously experienced?

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

I gave all this information to the devs. We are looking into the logs we have now.

2 Likes

@jozefd14 This is what happen with Cam Plus.
This Cam Plus video is 24 seconds and 2.47 MB in size.
The entire video recorded on the SD card in the WCO v1 is 1 minute 31 seconds and 10.13 MB in size. :astonished: :angry:

All recordings on SD card in about a 2 min time frame of the same event.

See stop and start times.

2 Likes

:angry:

Glad I’m not the only one who notices this too…. Ughhh the inconsistencies etc…