View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I can get to the live stream page and it worked at first but now just spins. Just saying. Its an awesome thing you go going on here.

1 Like

I believe you have to be on 2.4GB no 5.0 GB

I am having additional problems now since the recent firmware update! One step forward and two back!

1 Like

I voted for this and was a big supporter, but I do not have cam plus so am not able to test this out. So, I found another alternative. If you are not tech challenged and maybe have an old pc/laptop laying around - you can get a free open-source solution - docker-wyze-bridge. Its not the easiest thing to get setup, but I can now browse to any of my cams from any of my PCs, phone, tablet and I can view each in it own tab. I guess if I were more ambitious I could setup a web page to display all the cams on one page, but for my sporadic needs, I’m ok with the one per tab. I only got 2 I care about viewing. I got docker running on a 10+ yr old i5 PC running win10, followed the help info on github and got it running after some fiddling around. Plus this app will provide a RTSP stream to homebridge with the ffmpeg plugin so the cams can be added to apple homekit if so desired. I have homebridge using hoobs on another 10+ yr old pentium netbook running lubuntu which also adds my wyze bulbs and plugs. Yes, it is a lot of tech and not an out of the box, turn it on and go solution - maybe eventually someone will package it up nice and neat for general use like hoobs has done with homebridge. But if you are tech inclined, you might want to try it out. I hear scrypted is a better option for the cams but have not tried it yet.

1 Like

Wish that I could do this; however, I am not technically inclined so, that takes care of that. Thanks for the post though because someone will certainly benefit from it. I am getting so sick and tired of this “beta” BS when all they are doing is introducing new products to make more money. To HE-- with the folks that have supported them for this long. Just BUY!!!

Didn’t realize this was still in beta until I saw your last post show up in my unread topic list. Once I saw them come out with cam plus I had a sinking feeling this PC app was going to be limited so I sort of only watch the topic from the side now. I have no need for cam plus - I have the person detection on the one V2 that I originally got to watch my front door area - it gets a better view of people approaching since the doorbell is on the side wall and barely sees the walkway or door. Putting camplus is a total waste for us. Its a gated community and the only time we ever get any unsolicited sales people is when they are here doing a job at a neighbor - so its a rare occurrence and with the person detection on the V2, its sees pretty much all the deliveries that the doorbell never detected. Anyway, there are things now that can detect motion and the doorbell ring is being added as another option - the functionality is improving all the time since open-source allows for contributions from the entire community. I also use libre office, inkscape and a number of other open-source software - I became a big fan when I was put in charge of IT as well as my engineering duties - I setup our company with its first T1 line and networked the entire facility with fiber then learned to setup the routers and firewalls, and setup Linux for the email server, webserver and samba server - all free on an old dell poweredge server I got gifted for helping a local hotel where my wife was working at the time. Anyway, I digress…

If I were a bit more adept at the tech side, I’d write up a “wyze-docker-bridge/homebridge for dummies” booklet - I’ve relied on the developer via numerous discussions on github as well as some posts by others who have fumbled their way to success. But, its definitely not the easiest thing to get working.

thanks ChemEngr for pointing me in the right direction. For anyone interested in doing this, check out this tutorial I found (364) Turn any Wyze Cam into IP cam with Docker - YouTube

1 Like

Open source is a great way to go; however this approach (Docker Bridge) uses the same methods and produces the same results that TinyCam accomplishes in a little phone or tablet, producing similar web and other streaming feeds. (I found it pretty easy too.). Unfortunately both rely on *cloud" authentication so far as I understand.

Yes it needs authentication. But the benefit is it provides the video streams for homebridge and thus Apple HomeKit where they can be used for automation tasks. Plus I now have live streams for my Apple watch if I want a quick look. Maybe tiny cam offers the same benefits for android users. Not sure. The wyze bridge is getting frequent updates and added functionality, audio streams are in progress. So I’m hopefully it will continue to get better. I got some beta doorbell cams that I’ll actually get some benefit using now. I found it slightly strange when I connected up one recently, wyze put it on a free 2 wk Camplus trial even though none of the motion or ai functions work in the wyze app!

It does.

This is exciting! I love the fact I can keep an eye on things at work without draining my phone battery.

Can we get the same “button” features on the online platform that we have in the app? I’d love to use the talk feature and be able to move my cameras.

1 Like

Hi @UserCustomerGwen, It looks like the last update was 11/23/21. Any further updates or work happening on this interface in the past 6 months? Thanks. It would help to have a location to get an update on the current status and whether any work is in progress.

1 Like

The fact neither solution can access the cams without authentication initially strikes me as a good thing from a security standpoint, but not so good for eliminating reliance on the Wyze cloud. Probably similarly to Tinycam, the bridge or ffmpeg plug-in allows rotation so I can live view my sideways v2 in portrait orientation without having to switch it to full screen, a minor issue but somehow it just feels like a win, finally. Eventually I’ll get into the detection and messaging, but I’m ok for now.

How is one able to view my webcams on the web? Ok, that just sounded stupid. Trying again. I have 8 Wyze Cam Pan v1 cameras. Is there an interface that I can use to view them on my computer instead of the app on the tiny phone screen? @UserCustomerGwen are you the SME?

Nope, not yet and probably never!

The Web View beta is available for the Pan V1. However, you do need to have subscribed to CamPlus for any cameras you want to see in Web View (during the beta at least).

Here the viewing link: Live stream - Wyze

Here are the FAQs: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409136365595-Wyze-Web-View-FAQ

3 Likes

See my posts above. I think this is link to one: View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook) - #3353 by ChemEngr

It works pretty slick. However, it is fairly technical at this point and not at all a simple setup. However, if you grew up with the dos prompt and command line, or familiar with Linux, then it’s not too bad. The dev is active on GitHub and there is lots of help. But if you are not tech comfortable, then it’s not for you.

Fwiw, the docker-wyze-bridge allows a live stream of most all the wyze cams via browser without camplus, without any special firmware, It’s just not for those who aren’t experienced to some degree and is also best run on a spare pc or something like a raspberry pi. I wouldn’t want my primary desktop tied up with running it.

Edit: it’s probably more useful for iOS users who want to integrate Wyze cams with HomeKit, via homebridge, hoobs or scripted, especially those who do not have or want to invest in an android device that will not give them HomeKit integration.

And (yet again :wink: ) TinyCam can provide the same web service using any spare Android phone, tablet, Fire stick, or other device.

I don’t need a RSTP camera, but I stumbled across this cheap RTSP capable and still use it with the app, so I thought I should share, as so many people have given me good advice here.
So here:

Any updates on Webview?
Are there any planned milestones or next features etc we can have visibility to? Things like when other cameras will support WebView… Pan v2 (not on FAQ list yet), Outdoor Cam, Video Doorbell (& Pro), etc

3 Likes