View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Unable to find another post.

Would really appreciate a desktop app for Windows and/or Mac. This would make it easy to consolidate all the views without have to have a phone with screen on to monitor.

Instance: Outdoor cam in Backyard with kids playing. This will help with monitoring and watching them to make sure they are safe and secure.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath for WYZE to ever have such an application. If you can run an Android Emulator (i.e LD Player) on your PC, you can have sort of what you are asking about. Good luck.

I do not have an outdoor cam but from what I understand, it is not setup for constant streaming due to being on battery. Its fine for the occasional peek I assume, but as I understand the device it sort of goes into sleep mode until motion is detected which I believe is triggered by its PIR sensor. Just relaying what I’ve picked up from others. But if you can use line power, a V3 will allow for full time or on demand streaming.

Thanks Travelingelk and Chem for your responses.

I have Bluestacks running on my PC, so mirroring is not an issue. In relation to No Bueno, I have a few Kasa products in the house and I remember when they were never going to do PC app, but they finally did. I have not downloaded it, as it is Front monitoring and I have Wyze being an addition, that I can stream to Chromecast through Google Home flawlessly, so the v3 would be the same way utilized. I just hope, like Kasa, it does not time out after say 5 minutes lol.

No harm is asking, right. :slight_smile:

Yall have a good weekend.

1 Like

What is going on with this beta, are there improvements being made? I check this every 2 weeks and it has literally never once worked on any of the 3 browsers I have tried. What hot garbage.

3 Likes

How is this going? I am not able to see my Doorbell cams (just buffers) and it appears my outdoor cams aren’t supported… It’s a great feature if you can get it working, one we may even pay a couple of bucks for.

Don’t hold your breath. This so called “beta” has been up since November. This is really an Alpha release, as major bugs have not been addressed. In either case, the testing party is supposed to release new features often to the people who are testing the application, and hold a real group forum where people can correspond back and forth between the programmers and each other. This has been way too long in “beta”, with no new features, improvements, or bug fixes to test. It’s been stagnant since November. No Beta that I ever took part in ever mandated that you had to pay for anything to take part in, everything was provided. We should not be having to pay for Cam Plus to be able to participate and/or use. No one at Wyze is listening to us, and I assume at some near future point, this web view page will be taken down. Wyze has turned from something promising to a scam.

4 Likes

Amen!

I currently can view events in the past, but trying to view the cameras live results in a perpetual black screen with a loading icon.

2 Likes

I think we may be seeing another case of a grwat idea, great startup, getting overwhelmed with response to thier product and not doing the best job of handling it.

It’s been the demise of many great startups. I hope not because I like the product (cameras and door locks etc…)…

I think they are trying to do too many things at one time; scales, gun safes, sprinkler controls, etc. Multitasking is fine but…! With Amazon involved, no telling what is going on.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat

1 Like

Viewing cameras on desktop is broken…infinitely just loading screen. Please fix, how is this so unstable still after this many months? Why do I still need to enter my password and get a text code every time. Why does it time out if I switch windows so often. Seriously, I’ve seen better interfaces and code from college interns.

2 Likes

It looks like WYZE no longer cares. They don’t return phone calls or reply to emails! They got their money now move on to something else!

1 Like

looks to be back up! finally

One thing i have to report, when i use the program “Snagit” for screen capture, the wyze live view webpage freaks out and logs me out. I use snagit frequently for work, so its annoying that it does this to the cameras.

Just my bit of bug reporting

1 Like

If you do ANYTHING in the same browser where the Web View is running, say open a new tab, Web View logs you out. It is not configured right at all, and never will be. It’s been in Beta for 6 months now w/o even one bug fix. This is NOT Beta, it’s an Alpha version Wyze gave up on, but is letting run “as is”.

1 Like

Been saying this for 3-months. It is almost impossible to contact support any more and when you do they can’t even follow the script!

At least we do know they are aware this is a struggle with the current Beta and said they are working on improving it. :slight_smile:

We do?