Need a web browser interface

I know it’s probably already on the dev wish list but having a web browser interface for all cameras would be great. All of the IoT devices I have provide some sort of web interface. It’s a common feature on devices like this.

13 Likes

I second this. This is a must for me. I’d prefer having live view capability via browser, but alert video access would be a good start.

1 Like

third on this. Didnt realize how unuseable system would be without it.

1 Like

I’d also love to see a web interface for viewing my WyzeCams.

Not sure if others feel the same, but I’d prioritize the web interface over multi-camera views in the app. In fact, if I could watch live views of all of my cameras (even at significantly-limited resolution/bandwidth) from a browser, then I wouldn’t care about live view in the app.

3 Likes

+1 My thoughts exactly!

Not sure if others feel the same, but I’d prioritize the web interface over multi-camera views in the app. In fact, if I could watch live views of all of my cameras (even at significantly-limited resolution/bandwidth) from a browser, then I wouldn’t care about live view in the app.
1 Like

How are you viewing the Feeds from Wyzecam on TinyCam?

Hmmm Never mind I figured it out. I didn’t realize that was possible. That is exciting.

Yes!! to browser interface, make it happen!!!

1 Like

Can someone elaborate on how to view WyzeCam on TinyCam ?

I have TinyCam Pro which I am using for those Foscam and they work very well.

However, when I tried to add WyzeCam to it, I keep having it failed.

1. Camera Brand: Wyze Labs

2. Camera Model: WyzeCam (auto filled)

Then it has the text “Specify username and password of your WyzeCam login. Change channel if you have multiple cameras. Hostname/port ignored”

Regardless if I entered IP (obtained from my router) and port (80, 8080, 443) or left them blank as the text above said, it still doesn’t connect.

Error: P2P failed to connect by UID=null (-10)

Help!

Yes please make this a priority.

I also vote to have web support for the camera.

By the way, excellent work to WyzeCam team for all the well-executed features as well as a very snazzy demonstration of supported features during the initial connection of a camera to the application.

1 Like

I now can get the web server running on my TinyCam Pro (Android) and can access to the web server from my computer’s browsers.

For those who were wondering as I was, here are the steps:

1. After launching TinyCam, select menu (upper left corner)

2. Scroll down to the end and toggle the button to enable “Web server”, it’s the last item

3. You’ll see "Web server is running… http://IPAddress:Port/

4. Click on it and enter username and password under ADMIN section

5. On your computer, open browser and enter the IPAddress:Port that you see in your TinyCam

6. Enter UserName and Password that you entered in step #4

However, I still cannot feed the WyzeCam into TinyCam, so I can see them in TinyCam and/or web server.

If you have instructions on how to do that, please help!

Thanks Seebeew.

What firmware version are you running?
I’m on 3.9.1.102.

Thanks Seebeew
I guess I have to wait for the new firmware pushing down to my cameras and try again.

+1 for web browser support. But also allow for multiple camera live viewing on one screen, even if the refresh rate is low.

I too badly want a Web browser interface!

How about starting with something simple, namely a WyzeCam HTTP URL which delivers a snapshot of what the camera is seeing now, as a JPEG or PNG file?

Best regards,

Bruce D. Lightner

+1

If your running Windows, download blue stack to run android apps on windows, then after I installation download the Wyse app and run it. Note, your computer needs to be connected to the same wifi as the cameras. If your on a cat 5 cable you can buy a cheap 2g wifi dongle and use it to connect to your wifi. You can run both the cat 5 and the wifi together.

TinyCam is a great option and I’m glad it’s available.

But I would have thought if you have all the API’s etc needed to create/support the iOS and Android apps, then having a web application with the same functionality would not be that difficult to implement!

It really is needed.

1 Like

maybe a Google Chrome Extension would be nice!

1 Like

I’m now running 3.9.2.30 and able to get the WyzeCams added to TinyCam - Thanks Seebeew!