Need a web browser interface

Please count me in on PC support for being able to view all Cams on one screen. This should be a priority. having said that, I am writing this before trying the TinyCam solution shown a couple of posts up. I have 4 cams and if you implement PC support, I would prolly get a few more Cams. I am sure others would as well. Thanks!

+1

Ok I purchased TinyCam Pro in the Google play store for $3.99 and tried setting up my 4 Wyze Cams (which are running the latest firmware 3.9.1.102) and I can not get them to connect using the instructions above. Some of my other non wyze cams connect (Foscam and WinCam Pro) But Wyze cams … Nope!

Perhaps some one could produce a youtube video or a more detailed step by step instruction here, for those having issues. It would be greatly appreciated until Wyze Cam does something more native to their cameras. Thanks!

Laserbiz,

You’ll need firmware 3.9.2.30 for this to work. To get this firmware, you’ll need to join the beta test program. After registered and activated, your cameras will update when you launch the WyzeCam app.

After the update, you can add Wyzecam to your TinyCam Pro, the easiest way is:

1. Launch TinyCam Pro

2. Scan network for new camera

3. It will find your camera with UID (20 characters) with Brand: P2P

4. Rename the camera

5. Change camera brand to WyzeLabs and it will auto select WyzeCam as model

6. enter your WyzeCam username and password

7. Go to Advance Settings and change channel for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th camera using channel 2, 3, 4 respectively

Good luck!

Let us know how it went.

1 Like

I am for web browser support, but simple snapshot access with HTTP Auth would be good too - better than nothing. The android app is fine, but I’d like to be able to see stuff on this cam on my ancient iPhone too which your app doesn’t support. Plus to have a browser window open on these cams on my ubuntu box would really be nice. I’d probably buy more of them.

So count that a +1

I have firmware 3.1.1.102, and I was able to add my WyzeCam into TinyCam no problem.

I finally got My 6 Wyze cams to connect thru Tiny Cam Pro. I think what mad the difference was that when I was inputting my user name and password in to the fields, I didn’t use saved credentials off my android virtual keboard. This time I typed username out and the password out. Once I was able to get the first cam to show, instead of adding the cams individually, I copied the working cam 6 times which automatically pastes all the info form the first cam into each cam copied. then All I had to do was just change the camera name and the channel number and Bingo!

I was able to get the web server working as well! But my only complaint is that on my android phone which has a 6" screen I can view all 8 cams that I have, but when I view on my computer monitor which is 27 inches, it only allows 4 cams per page. With that much screen real estate I should be able to view all cams at once Like on my android with only a 6 inch screen. Does anyone know how to change the settings to display all cams on the computer monitor?

By the way Thanks to everyone who has helped me! Now Wyze, you really need to get a PC app that dispalys all cams at once…PLEASE!

I’m having trouble getting the WyzeCam’s to show in TinyCam Pro. I went ahead and deleted all but one so that I can just work on the one first as you did. That said I have checked, double checked and triple checked and the settings seem fine but the cam will not display and gives me a failed to connect to UID=null(-10) error. Any thoughts?

There are already some google chrome extensions that support numerous cameras. I used to use one, I think it was called “myipcam”. I’ll have to see if I can make it work with the Wyze cams. In any case, getting that to support the cams might be the easiest way to implement it.

It works well. You click on the extension icon and get a small window for each active cam, clicking on any one of the tiles gives you a larger tile, you can stick it to a tab or window.

The Tinycam is great! has anyone found a way to displace this on an apple tv? Does Webcam HQ work??

I agree!

Please please please add a regular web interface… or an app for macs and pcs.

Same here. A PC / Mac desktop app or at very least, web access would be helpful.

I would love to get some more of those cameras but a web browser interface is a must have. This would make it easier to monitor multiple cameras at the same time. Do we know if Wyze is working on a web interface is this on their roadmap? It would be nice to have some feedback from Wyze on this. Wyze may feel that this is not a priority for their product. Please let us know.

Yes to browser interface

I have 3 Wyze Cams and they all work great.

I would also love to be able to view them on a standard web browser.

A LAN-based Windows, mac, or Linux client would be fine, if web streaming to browsers is just too bandwidth-heavy.

It would make these little fellas much more useful as security cams if I could set an old laptop to just display and/or record their video feeds 24/7.

Just throwing my vote in as well

1 Like

Where did you find the information to enter into the fields on myipcam for your wyze cam? Specifically the ip address and port.

YI Home doesn’t have a web interface, but has the next best thing, a desktop app!

I can remotely view my cameras from anywhere I installed the desktop app, and their cameras are only a couple of dollars more than wyze and just as great video quality.