View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Yes! I just had to recycle power on two of my v3s and I am getting very tired of having to climb on an extension ladder just to keep my so called “security system” running for more than an hour or so. I am running WIN10 Pro and I don’t have a fancy system like you do but, mine should be adequate! Yes! I have tried EDGE with not much better luck.

I’m using Edge as well, usually only 2 of my 3 cams will connect. One will freeze after not too long while the other stays running. My “camera 3” is the one I most depend on, and I reload the page when that one freezes. It ran for about 24 hours straight, then during the last half hour it froze twice. Totally unacceptable. These cameras even freeze on Android. What do you do when you’re not home, and they’re frozen? They need to fix more than the Web View. The whole application of streaming needs to be re-designed. May as well call the Android app Alpha as well as far as how reliable it is. I would NEVER depend on Wyzecam for security. IMO, good for filling in holes, while you have a DVR type system that you can also view online going. I keep no ad blockers on Edge, so use it just for Wyze. FF and Chrome have ad blockers, and Wyze won’t work. Why should Wyze care as they’re not serving us ads.

For the third time in the last 4½ hours I have had to recycle the power on two of my v3s… That means that I have to climb up on an extension ladder for each of the cameras or turn off the power to the whole facility and turn it back on. This is becoming a PITA!! I will try EDGE again for awhile and if there is not an improvement then I’m going to say to hell with this whole experiment and go back to the drawing board. I’ve done enough ALPHA testing in my carrier and I don’t need it again at this point in my life.

1 Like

Laptop or Desktop accessibility

I’d like to have Laptop or Desktop accessibility of my cams, etc. That way when I’m relaxing at home on the weekend I can leave my phone off for a bit of extra peace and quiet, but still check on my surroundings or office.

1 Like

Wouldn’t we all! What they have right now is pretty much a joke.

I’m assuming that the people at Wyze are reading these threads – perhaps people here could list the most important features that they would like to see included on a desktop app. I am pretty new here and have only installed one camera so far.

I’d like to be able to view all cameras at once kind of like the old Closed circuit ones with all the screens showing at once. That would be Awesome!

1 Like

I would love that, too – I have 2 more cameras to install on our Yosemite home :slight_smile:

The Wyzecam view beta website on the PC hasn’t been working for the past couple of days. I log in and everything and I click the video to see the live feed but it’s been stuck on the loading circle. Updated my Wyze camera firmware, updated app on phone app, even reset the camera. Anybody else experiencing this?

This has been happening off and on to me for the past couple of days. I am having to cycle the power on two of my v3s several times a day! Things seem to be getting worse instead of better!

It happens so frequently that for now I have given up on viewing Wyze cams on web view. I wonder if they even have anyone working on this project.

Gotta say, TinyCam Pro has still been pretty rock solid reaching my Wyzecams. Well except for the two that seem to have lost power again. And it has its own web server - slightly primitive but works fine.

TinyCam Pro has worked fine all along, as long as you want to monitor your cameras on your phone. I have not been able to find an Android emulator that will run on my PC! I guess if you are a gamer and have a high end graphic system it would work. I don’t!

Yep, I tried just about every Android emulator out there on my 3 PC’s about 6 years old, i5’s. Takes forever to load, and then freezes and crashes. Why can’t Wyze develop Windows/Mac/Linux apps that actually use the same exact layout you get on your phone, just have it landscape oriented. Shouldn’t be that hard, most the work is already done. Most other camera companies have done it. Jeesh!

I think it’s a HUGE bummer that there’s no Outdoor cam support for this. Those are the only ones I have, and I’d love to be able to watch them live outside of the app, and outside of the 5-10 minute preview snippets available via Amazon/Alexa.

The front door cam isn’t supported either lol.

I’ll bet they don’t include these intentionally because they are battery cameras and were never intended to just pull up and watch for extended periods. If people did that, you’d need to recharge the battery so often people would think there was something wrong and complain to customer support their camera is only lasting a few days. These are more intended to catch motion or pull up and just see, briefly, what’s going on and then stop viewing. That’s my thoughts anyway. Heck, I have a rental house that I bought and I’m trying to get rid of some rats in the attic. I set a set of 4 of these up pointed to traps in the attic and they’ve done great to catch motion and alert me when I’ve caught something. This way I don’t have to keep going back and checking and wasting my time finding empty traps. I told this to a pest control buddy of mine and his business was going to look into getting some because it would be a huge money saver for them to not have to go check traps just to find them empty! Anyway, in an attic where there is ZERO false alarms and now that I don’t have rats up there anymore, I haven’t charged them up in probably almost 5 months and still have over 40% battery on all 4 of them. They are impressive for what they’re designed for but if you want to just pull up a camera and have it running for minutes and minutes at a time then I’d recommend something that plugs in to an electrical outlet.

The pro doorbell allows for a wired installation along with its internal battery, so i wonder if that would be an exception that would allow it.

1 Like

I don’t use it on my phone. I use it on a big cheap tablet. To each his or her own.

I have been using Nox as an emulator on a micro desktop that is about5-6 years old. I like it better than BlueStacks. I am going to sit on the side while not holding my breath waiting on Wyze to get the desktop view working