View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Hi Jason,

How can I become a Mac computer web beta tester?

Have a Musical Day

Tom

Go to Live stream - Wyze and sign in.

FAQ: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409136365595-Wyze-Webview-FAQ

1 Like

WYZE PC App or stable web view.

How Can this still not have been created?
I had 4 cameras for over a year now. I just signed up to CAM+ to use the Web “live view” and it is so buggy with live view…just a still image with no running time code.
why is it all so buggy with WYZE?
no pc or mac app is just poor form.
Cam+ clearly also not worth the extra $ as the cameras drop out.
its really frustrating as everyone with the cameras are requesting the same obvious things.
when will an app or stable web view be ready?

I agree! I am just about fed up with this whole thing. I think that promises keep being made just to sell more merchandise and services. The little cameras are good but, the software is horrible; it is unreliable and inconsistent! I’m going to give it until the end of next month (May) and if I don’t see a vast improvement, I am going to scrap my whole investment and start over with a different system.

1 Like

Yes, RTSP would suffice, but then you’d need to implement RTSP on ALL of your camera’s to include the Original Video Doorbell.

ContaCam, BlueIris or other RTSP compatible software could be utilized

and with this question being asked Nov 2018… I’m curious as to what Wyze’s official answer is on RTSP… Will it ever see full implementation on all your Camera’s moving forward?

SJ

I agree. Web View is NOT Beta, they are giving us an Alpha version, which is rougher than Beta. What we have now has major bugs, and I have not seen one improvement in functioning since the Web View “Beta” was implemented last November. Beta is supposed to be the version when most major bugs are worked out, and NEW capabilities are added to test, haven’t seen one new thing added to test. The cameras still freeze within hours or minutes, that’s major. Having to log in over and over due to the freezing, and dealing with the re-captcha several times a day checking off how many buses or palm trees is a real deal breaker. Even to switch to Events and back to live view requires another sign-in and re-captcha. You can’t save events or even move a slider to a certain point. This whole thing needs it own dedicated actual Windows, Mac and Linux apps, just as they already have Androld and ios dedicated apps. This is too complicated to be effectively viewed thru a web browser.

2 Likes

I went to go reply to this topic, and am presented with:

I do have additional details, and the solution doesn’t work well at all, so I guess it’s OK to reply here.

I would assume that the following are issues being worked on to take this 'out of beta status?"

Removing all the camera’s that don’t work from Live view?

Events actually working?

FYI, the Wyze Web View as it exists is something I rarely use. Just not worth the hassle of using it.

SJ

I totally agree. I only have three cameras (v3) online and very seldom are all three viable using Chrome. When I contact support :joy: they tell me to use their “troubleshooting” program which gives me different results every time it is used… I was in software QA/Support for over thirty years and this is definitely still an ALPHA! WYZE is depending on the general public to do their ALPHA and on top of that, they are charging us to do it.

You have a good point that this isn’t really solved until it is out of beta testing. I have removed the solution status from the post that is causing that solved warning to pop up.

2 Likes

I am just happy to see Wyze looking at this capability. If I have to wait so be it but when complete, I think will be an amazing advantage to the company in their marketing efforts. Wyze has made some really good products at competitive price points so I am willing to wait as they have earned my patience.

1 Like

The price point of Wyze is competitive with the chinese variety of offerings.

But Wyze is a western company, who is atleast trying to work with their customers to improve products, whilst being budget friendly .

I think we need to cut them some slack, (just wish they would acknowledge and fix security issues as a priority ).

The wyzeview feature is a test platform which will evolve with feedback.

Sorry for the delay, I have not logged on in a while. I’ve decided to start ripping off the Wyze cams of my home and go back to an actual REAL security system with an NVR that will support anti tampering detection for god sakes. These people can’t even make a simple script to give someone an option to pull logs and see when or who stole my SD cards. I know the cops did it, however that evidence is now in their hands as wyze is not really doing anything about it even though paying for their cloud service, not the budge one either. This system is starting to become a joke and I’m sick of trying to even put anymore effort into something that’s just crap.

I will be posting what I’ve done on github for all to use once I perfect everything. In a nutshell, yes. You breakdown their HTML coding while simply isolating your camera’s information by simply inputting that information into a 3rd party software such as blue iris, or any other network camera software that’s able to decode the cameras and give the the ability to run it on different platforms and to have it even connect to your NVR (if you have a wireless Wifi NVR) If you have a POE NVR that would be a lot more difficult as the Wyze camera does not support RJ45 connections to transmit data or POE for that matter. I’m currently not hooked into my NVR even though I did achieve it and had it working for a bit. It did go down eventually, causing me to SD card again. In the end, is all this effort really worth it?

It’s too much to explain in one shot, therefore I will post a github link or description on where you may find it as soon as I get it up there. Currently wrapped up in other important matters that leaves zero time for projects such as this. Sorry if i was not able to elaborate a little more on the topic

Best thing to do is get rid of AVG,. They’re terrible bloatware. I would trust built in windows security over theirs anyday. You just have to know how to operate and navigate your router and switches and preferably maybe even route some of your important servers and/or devices using cloudflare for best security and to defend yourself from viruses or ransomware. If you get those, you’re clearly doing something you’re not supposed too when it comes to web browsing. Never trust a website without an SSL etc.

Hey yall, just to share my two cents, viewing past events work great for me, but trying to view live hasn’t been working in quite some time. Anyone else has similar issues?

Mine are working fine on Chrome. I started three cameras, and they connected within 30 secs. I still think we should be seeing some sort of roadmap of when basic features will be implemented. But at least we have a new gun safe…

past events work, but scrolling to find a specific time is frustrating and it seems to filter early morning events as evening ones from the previous day. live cams rarely work regardless of browser. and never for the doorbell which is probably the most important for me.

Ditto!

I cannot get three cameras to connect at the same time. Sometimes two but, usually just one. This is using Chrome.

Have you tried turning it off and then on again? :smile:

Can you try running it on Edge? I found that worked surprisingly well for me. I just started up 5 cameras in Chrome - came up in less that 10 seconds (I do have a very fast Internet connection). On Edge, they came up in almost real time. I’m running Windows 11 with a 1Gb fiber ethernet link. VPN made no real difference in speed. Intel i7 processor with 32Gb RAM.

I just want it to move from Alpha, so actual Beta. You know? Where users get their issues resolved, and regular updates are provided - like a real grown up company. But the gun safe is nice…