View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I voted for this and was a big supporter, but I do not have cam plus so am not able to test this out. So, I found another alternative. If you are not tech challenged and maybe have an old pc/laptop laying around - you can get a free open-source solution - docker-wyze-bridge. Its not the easiest thing to get setup, but I can now browse to any of my cams from any of my PCs, phone, tablet and I can view each in it own tab. I guess if I were more ambitious I could setup a web page to display all the cams on one page, but for my sporadic needs, I’m ok with the one per tab. I only got 2 I care about viewing. I got docker running on a 10+ yr old i5 PC running win10, followed the help info on github and got it running after some fiddling around. Plus this app will provide a RTSP stream to homebridge with the ffmpeg plugin so the cams can be added to apple homekit if so desired. I have homebridge using hoobs on another 10+ yr old pentium netbook running lubuntu which also adds my wyze bulbs and plugs. Yes, it is a lot of tech and not an out of the box, turn it on and go solution - maybe eventually someone will package it up nice and neat for general use like hoobs has done with homebridge. But if you are tech inclined, you might want to try it out. I hear scrypted is a better option for the cams but have not tried it yet.

1 Like