Thermostat offline repeatedly

Wyze Thermostat offline

Thermostat is still showing offline in app. Anyone else having this issue still with AWS issue.

[Mod Note]: Your topic and associated replies were merged for consistency in grouping similar issues and for better visibility to Wyze.

1 Like

Welcome @michaelcoronafl

I am not experiencing this issue. It could be related to the AWS outage yesterday. Easiest thing to do is remove the T-Stat from the wall, wait for about a minute or less, then plug it back in and let it boot up.

I used to do this and the T-Stat cam back online

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not at the location now.

1 Like

So after wading through 300 posts this much is clear, there’s a connectivity issue, no one, including wyse has a clue, and there’s no point in wasting another minute trying to figure it out. My thermostat is powered by a small transformer which is plugged into a wyse plug (as are my cameras which very occasionally go offline). Even when the thermostat in my cabin is out it retains its setting. In the summer the heat is off (no AC). In the winter it holds 55 regardless. And with a quick off/on with the remote plug it goes back online so we can warm the place before we arrive. Easy enough. Not wasting any more time on this. But i’d urge everyone to pan this device on Amazon or wherever you bought it. That may save others from this inconvenience and hurting wyse sales is the most effective way to get them to find a cure.

1 Like

I have done the same thing at my summer cottage.
Movin’ on.

I also installed one of the Wyze thermostats in my summer place. It worked fine for 2 months. Driving home I checked and found it was offline. I had a neighbor go in and cycle power to the furnace. It came back online for less than 24 hours. I have good neighbors but can’t be asking them to baby sit this thing for me. It will go in the garbage when I get back there next year.

Same problem here. Thermostat at my remote cabin keeps going offline and obviously Wyze hasn’t fixed the issue in over 2 years. All the other wireless devices at the cabin are fine, including a Wyze Cam 3. Here’s my workaround, as I have a C wire directly from an electrical outlet, as opposed from the furnace itself. I installed a wireless socket. So when the thermostat goes offline, like it seems to do once a day, I reset the C wire wireless plug from my app wherever I am in the world, and the thermostat comes back on line. But yes, this is obviously a Wyze issue. I am using an Apple Express Router (2nd edition). And the router recognizes the thermostat. But the thermostat continuously goes Offline in the app.

Wyze Thermostats offline

Have they figured out the bug for the Wyze thermostats going offline all the time…?
I’ve been dealing with this for two years now…

[Mod Note]: Your topic and associated replies were merged for consistency in grouping similar issues and for better visibility to Wyze.

I am having an issue with the Thermostat. The app shows connected with the proper IP address, but the actual unit says connected with 0.0.0.0 as an IP address. I have tried power cycling with no luck.
I am on 1.2.7, and everything has been working until today.

While I was at Home Depot last night, I noticed they don’t sell the Wyze Thermostat any more.
Not a good sign. :confused:

1 Like

Can you give more details on how to run the C wire to an outlet?

1 Like

You need to run the C wire to a transformer (24V) which you can get on eBay or Amazon. Also buy a Wyze plug. Plug the Wyze plug into an outlet. Plug the transformer into he Wyze plug. Now when the thermostat goes offline, which I promise it will, use the Wyze olyg to turn the power to the thermostat off, then on again. That will bring the thermostat back online.

Thank you for this information. Is there any diagram for this or part numbers that I can order.
C wire? Do you mean to access the back of the thermostat to get to the sea wire?

How about this one?

Ok… got it…
Any chance of getting a wiring sketch ?
Right now the Wyze thermostat is on the wall powered directly from the central air system.
Do I just connect one wire from the transformer and run it into the “c” of the thermostat housing?

I chose a different route. I’m not comfortable introducing a second 24VAC power source, since the HVAC unit has one built in. I chose to power a relay from a WYZE switch that when energized breaks the connection of the existing “C” wire to the thermostat, causing the thermostat to restart. I’ll gladly share a diagram. And even build you one for cost of parts if you wish.

1 Like

A diagram would be great!
Currently I have two zones on my hvac with two separate Wyze thermostats that constantly disconnect…
I rely on flipping the breaker for my hvac to reset both.
The power leg to the hvac is on a 30 amp breaker.
I’d love to see what you got….
Thank you

The first diagram is a relay box I built with a SPDT (single throw, double throw) inside. Power cord goes in and connects to relay coil. Relay terminals come through the box as bolts with nuts on them.

Second diagram shows the power cord from that box connected to a WYZE plug, Then the C wire from the control cable coming from the HVAC unit connects to the NC (normally closed) terminal. Then add a wire from the C terminal on the WYZE thermostat backing plate to the COMMON terminal on the relay box.

When the WYZE plug powers up, it opens the NC contact, breaking the C wire circuit, powering down the thermostat. When the WYZE plugs turns off, the C wire circuit is reconnected, powering up and rebooting the thermostat. My WYZE plus is configured with a trigger to turn it off after being on for two seconds.

Feel free to ask questions. My description may not make complete sense. I had some photos of my setup but can’t find them now. I’ll take more next time I’m at my cabin.

BTW, I’ve never had to use this setup other than when testing. I changed the WMM setting in my router about the same time and that appears to have solved the disconnection problem at its source. But it’s ready to assist should it ever go offline.

Or maybe WYZE somehow knew that I had jury-rigged a solution and fixed my thermostat. Hmmmm.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I am having the same issues. It worked great for a year plus, and off of a sudden I’m losing WiFi connection. I reset the camera and it connected again, but 12 hrs later it lost connection. Very frustrating.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @DS1! :raising_hand_man:

This thread is discussing the Wyze Thermostat and the issue if it going offline.

Can you please share the model of your Cam that is giving you problems with going offline?