Stuck at 3 of 3 Authenticating - Firmware 4.25.1.060

That was easy. Already got an email that a replacement is on the way!

1 Like

Mine is also out of warranty. I just contacted them and have a replacement on the way as well.

1 Like

Hopefully the old Chime will pair with the replacement doorbell. It would be nice for everyone to report what firmware their replacement unit shipped with (obviously I am blocking firmware updates at least till the next non-beta is released).

1 Like

I just got my replacement in the mail. I’ll try to get it installed in the next couple days.

1 Like

They delivered my replacement VDB (Video Doorbell) today (very small package that fit in my mailbox).
I immediately rescued it from the mailbox, and moved it inside where it was cooler.
I will wait till later today when the temperature is reasonable outside to install.
UPDATE:
I competed the install late this afternoon (took about 15 minutes).
Since I had already completed the house chime rewiring for the old VDB, it was pretty quick.
I deleted the old VDB out of the Android App.
I turned off the power at the breaker, and went to pull off the old VDB, and noticed it was warm.
It snapped off pretty easily, then I connected the wires to the new one and snapped it in (not as easy).
I went back to the breaker and restored doorbell power.
I then used the app (good directions) to add the new VDB (it accepted the old chime just fine).
The doorbell connected the first time, and has ever since (connects in about 5 seconds now too).
It came with firmware version 4.25.0.294
It asked me to update to 4.25.1.060 (I did NOT).
MAC Address prefix was very different D0:3F.
Good luck to everyone, I dread the first update that is non-beta.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed update! Great that you now have a functional doorbell now!

It looks like 4.25.0.294 is a manufacturing version used sometime between May and December of last year. It is not listed as a Public Release update on the FW update list.

I would be curious to find someone with a bell running the 4.25.0.313 update version to see if it is acting the same.

Regardless, updating to anything 4.25.1.xxx, as you rightly avoided, is highly discouraged until a confirmed stable FW update is released and tested.

I just installed my replacement camera. Has code 4.25.0.294. Works like a chizzy right away! Also works with the original Wyze chime I bought.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten there’s replaced outside of the warranty window? If so I may put in for a replacement. I have two V1 doorbells. The front one updated and has been fine. The back door bell updated and has been stuck on the verifying 3 of 3 ever since.

Yup - just did. I bought mine last April.

2 Likes

Thanks - gonna give it a go.

It is pretty impressive how fast this replacement doorbell connects (less than 5 seconds).
I also have the PRO doorbell on the other side of the door in battery saving mode, and it takes about 6 seconds to connect. Maybe all these troubles are behind us. It took a while for them to fix the Wyze interior plugs, but they finally got those where they stay connected.

1 Like

Ok - opened a ticket for a replacement request. Did it via Support chat. Krystal helped me. Went through all of the troubleshooting steps I had already done numerous times. Referenced the forums and the ticket log I submitted in May. As it is windy today my doorbell is staying awoke due to the tree movement. She say “well it sounds like it’s working to me”. In conclusion they opened a new ticket for me with my screen shots and original logs from May and escalated it to next level of support. I out right requested a replacement. That was denied. I will be here holding my breath.

Weird - I was able to just ask for a replacement and that was it. Easy.

1 Like

Tell them they broke it, they should replace it. You waited 6 months for a usable doorbell.

1 Like

Just got an update to my ticket where tier two support wants me to delete it from my device list and add it back. I sent them the screen shot of my conversation with tier one containing everything I have already tried several times already. One of which was deleting and adding back the doorbell. So obviously tier two doesn’t read any of the notes from the first tier. Support is NOT good.

And yet more good news!

Keep it on that FW until we get a rock solid confirmed and field proven PR FW!

They replaced both of mine out of warranty

1 Like

Do not update your replacements to the latest firmware, it does 3/3. Don’t ask me how I know :grimacing:
Both the old one and new MACs starting with D0:3F

1 Like

I decided to park my replacement VDB at firmware 4.25.0.294 and it has been doing well. I turned on the detection zone today to see how it works on this version. It seems to be harder to press the gear (settings) button on this version, I have to hit it just right on my Android 13 phone.

1 Like

Has there been no recent up from anyone at Wyze on this lately? Really unacceptable.