Service Advisory - Cloud Issues - 1/5/2023

some of my cams are down, but this not a surprise anymore. i just look out my windows more often. wonder how those roku cameras are doing.

3 Likes

Oops. deleted by mistake

1 Like

I’m still down as I have Cams are the V2 model. I’m sending my friend home after powering cams on/off many times, I’m over it. When I get home Wyze comes out.

I just ordered this for $229. 6 POE Outdoor cams with 2TB DVR.

Speco Technologies 8-Channel 5MP NVR with 2TB HDD & 6 x 5MP Outdoor Network Turret Cameras

Record from and Manage up to 8 Cameras
5MP Recording Resolution per Camera
2TB Preinstalled HDD
8 x PoE Ports
H.265 and H.264 Video Compression
6 x 2.8mm Fixed Turret Cameras Included
IR LEDs for Night Vision up to 100'
Works with iOS, Android, Windows & Mac
IP66-Rated Cameras
2 Likes

Very possible. I would wait until full restoration of the servers before attempting to reinstall.

2 Likes

Hey! You deleted it! That’s cheating. :cry: You can’t unjinx a jinx with “delete”…

2 Likes

HMS is still out. Failed to load.

2 Likes

All my events are listed with times. When I click on an event nothing plays. This is as recent as events captured to the cloud NOW.

1 Like

My 2 v3 pros and 1 v3 are working but without cloud event videos.

1 Like

I’m going to read, “A letter from the founders, what to expect in 2023” a few more times… I especially like this part… “That day-one startup mentality will be ultra-focused in 2023, because this year, much like our first year in business, will be the year of the CAMERA”. mmmmm… can’t wait. “Ultra-Focused” - I’m all for that. I’d settle for “focused”… but ULTRA FOCUSED!!! wow.

2 Likes

Good move.

I’m going to have to drive a few miles now to go reset a few of the V2’s I own. It’s OK, Wyze… It’s only a little inconvenience, But hey, Wyze says it’s “2023 is The Year of The Camera”… can’t wait – oh boy!!!

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Same here , monitoring tab doesn’t load and gets stuck on this…

2 Likes

My PanV1 and my Monitoring tab are now back to behaving. Looks like I can merge back into the express lane.

1 Like

My V2 and V3 events are now playing properly.

1 Like

I am a huge fan of Wyze products, and recommend them often.

My smart home ecosystem used to be SmartThings. Everything was cloud based, so when their servers went down, nothing worked locally or remotely. No lights, door lock, nothing, not even from the app.
After diagnosing a failure for 15 minutes then realizing it wasn’t on my end, I started looking elsewhere for a replacement ecosystem. Hubitat Elevation ticked all my boxes. Cut my internet, everything still works locally.

If Wyze offered a hub that everything connected to, with internal storage and battery backup, cloud issues would not cause these types of outages.

5 Likes

So this is a big problem I have with Wyze - everything INSIDE my house SHOULD NOT be dependent on an external network.
If my light bulb and motion sensor is connected to the Wyze equipment INSIDE my house, my light bulb should come on and off with motion as it’s configured.

I understand that cloud video playback would be impacted, but not as I’ve described above.

5 Likes

Monitoring tab now loading🥳

2 Likes

One of my V2s has been offline since 12 noon Hawaii time.

I came here because I was having issues for since before Christmas about no longer getting notifications and I finally decided to just reset both cameras and then couldn’t get them on. Saw this notice on the forum and that everything is up “except Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan”.

The thing is, the “Wyze Cam Pan” I actually got set up and re-configured properly and found a fix for the notification issue, but the Wyze Cam isn’t able to set up. Funny since it should be the other way around according to this service message…

1/5/23 4:29 PM PT - Our recovery is still in progress and more devices are connecting to our servers. We’re not there yet but our metrics continue to improve and we’re hearing positive feedback from customers about their devices being back online.

7 Likes