Reset hub after power failure

explain to me why the hms hub has to be test when there is a power failure in the house?

never can reconnect after power failure, and therefore doesn’t provide full monitoring during these times. And invariably, it always occurs when I’m away for a day or two.

please explain what the problem is. Every other wyze product can reconnect - cameras, power outlet, etc, but the hub

1 Like

This is currently a Fix-it-Friday issue:

1 Like

[quote=“cliff.young18, post:1, topic:294399, full:true”]
…never can reconnect after power failure, and therefore doesn’t provide full monitoring during these times…[/quote]

You can fix it by adding a cheap battery backup for the router and the hub…

That’s a good thought, but unfortunately, not for me. I already have battery backup on both my Router and Hub. They never lose power, but for some reason the HMS hub still keeps randomly going offline and then will never come back up unless I go manually reboot it. I thought my hub just went bad for some reason, so I bought a brand new one and it’s doing the same thing. Never used to happen until Fall/Winter.

I also have 1GB Fiber upload and download and am using Wyze Mesh Routers. Also confirmed this is happening to several other people (hence why it got accepted into Fix-it-Friday), but not to everyone. Not sure what the issue is, but pretty sure there is something going on, at least with some edge cases.

2 Likes