Plugs stop working

Having this same issue.

same issue here. lost connection somehow - was working fine. now just slow blue blinking… wont pair/connect. deleted plug… trying to re-add. wont connect. reset button briefly pauses blue light, then faster blinking occurs… still not connecting. gets to the point of selecting the wyze wifi… then waiting for it to connect… then “connection failure” … model plug WLPP1 which is likely an older plug.

I agree. Also every fan in my house is now manual. Thanks wyze for making sure the firmware is working for everyone… lol

Ditto - all plugs offline after a brief power outage- none of the usual steps bring them back - please fix - or at least acknowledge the issue!!!

Fix-it-Friday really doesn’t cut it for this. All of my V1 plugs that lost power are offline and won’t reconnect…that’s about 8 or 9, most of my plugs. This is due to some change on the servers which must have occurred very recently and Wyze should know when and what. The firmware on the plugs is this one:

1.2.0.80 (August 4, 2020)

Mods and Mavens have access to Wyze employees and can, when necessary, get assistance on significant issues. I’d call this one if all V1 plugs fail to reconnect if they lose power.

It isn’t the firmware…it hasn’t changed since 2020.

My v1 / wifi plugs stop working after power cycle. The V2 bluetooth plugs work fine.

1 Like

Started a ticket with Wyze Support…Wyze Ticket 3968279

Will see what happens.

Interesting. I thought they just did a update recently… Like maybe a few months ago . My bad

How dull is this, really. Very dull, right?

For once I lucked out and unplugged my single old plug that has been chugging along faithfully for years - right before this happened!

And I don’t need it at the moment and for the forseeable future!

You have to count your blessings, too, doncha know… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately for me, most of my plugs are the V1s…I only have 3 V2s.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

I think there was a beta firmware for the V2s…something to do with security/ssl???

I feel ya, brother. Not fun, for sure. :slightly_frowning_face:

I have to admit I find Wyze to be very frustrating. I have home automation products from Kasa, YoLink, and z-wave outlets and switches. I only have problems with the devices from Wyze. The others just work. Seems like every couple of months one of the Wyze products break due to a firmware, app or server update. Have never had that happen with the other products.

3 Likes

I have a small stable of unstable stuff, all Wyze. I am not unhappy. (I think it was @R.Good that used that phrasing recently.)

‘Semi-stable’ is probably more fair.

(Fwiw, a large Eurasian power recently described themselves as ‘not at peace’ with us. How ‘measured’ is that. Fwiw.)

1 Like

I would agree with that description…more so after I installed the Mesh Routers for home automation. Wyze router with Wyze products increases stability.

It has been an love-hate relationship so I am moving on from Wyze., they started out so great but it seems like there is an update every three weeks.

It’s obvious their technical stuff doesn’t have a clue and their support team, by ignoring the customers is not helping either.

I hear good things about Kasa so thisweekend I am pulling the trigger. Oh well.

2 Likes

Kasa has been reliable for me, but so too has YoLink. I like YoLink because I have a small acreage with a shop about 150 feet from the house. YoLink works well since it has a range of 1/4 mile. I also prefer YoLink and z-wave because the devices aren’t on the Wi-Fi. YoLink uses hubs (which are on the network) and devices connect to the hub.

1 Like

I appreciate the extra info on those options.

1 Like

In regards to the revisions and the dates, I am a bit skeptical. I bought a pair of plugs (as spares) two years ago and they were both at 1.2.0.56,

One of them I used yesterday thinking the one I was replacing was bad. In the process I allow the update to 1.2.0.80 to go through and hence the result.

The other one I chose not to take a chance and kept it at 1.2.0.56, and it’s working.

I very much doubt those dates/releasea jive, otherwise my original plug would have undoubtedly been updated to 1.2.0.80 of indeed that release come out in 2020, which meanwhile many requests for updating would have occurred.

This is not to say that something changed somewhere recently where the 1.2.0.80 were affected, but I don’t believe the dates associated with the releases.

Let’s hope Wyze does the right thing.