Plugs stop working

I unplugged 3… I’m afraid to unplug any more. I’ll have none working.

I’ve reset up the plug which is before 21, it said it connected ,I renamed it finished and it is still offline

1 Like

Time to use those magic mod powers and get someone from Wyze to start looking…

1 Like

4 of 8 of my plugs same thing in the last day. Same as others not an app issue or router issue. Removing the device in the app will show it “online” vs just re-adding it but it is not responsive and the plug still flashes blue. I have not found a fix.

I already called out mavens and Jason, So far they are unable to replicate

As a last troubleshooting step, I deleted and reinstalled the plug in the app. However, although adding the plug back as a new device was successful, the blue LED blinks continuously and I cannot remotely turn the plug on or off.

As a next step, I’ll call support tomorrow.

Robert

I will be the 27th to agree they worked fine this am at 530. Came home, deleted, reset, etc to no avail. Did Wyze decide to stop supporting the older plugs??? Im waiting for my v2 camera to stop working!

I’ll bet the latest firmware is the culprit…I now have 4. Unplugged and now will do nothing but flash slow… Although they will relearn. And make it to my list. They don’t function. Way too coincidental for anything else.

1 Like

Not firmware or it would have happend sooner

1 Like

Ok, here is the scoop. I found a brand-new unopened original plug in my stash of stuff from a pair I had bought some some time ago and proceeded to added to my network.

During the process it asked me if I wanted to update from 1.2.0.56 to the latest 1.2.0.80 but I opted not to update and guess what, it worked.

Wyze slipped in this FW version 1.3.0.80 that’s broken. Case closed.

All we have to do is to get someone to listen and revert back to (at least) the previous version.

1 Like

Interestingly, upon further investigation, all of my Wyze plugs v2 continue to work flawlessly, just my 4 original plugs stopped working and are all continuously blinking!

Robert

Maybe it’s not firmware…but all mine are at 1.2.0.80. I still have one working…but I know as soon as I unplug it… Boom. Wtf wyze. Get on this for us. Would ya please…they were working up until…

also, can not setup plug, 4 of WLPP1 working OK for now but 4 other WLPP1 will NOT connect.
I can factory reset and setup again but when app ask for JOIN Group or Share is when plug seems to have problem, app finishes setup and correctly displays on main page but does not connect to plug since plug is still slow blinking. Get this, app reports correct IP address and shows ON/OFF status when change. I can ping and ARP table shows correct macID.

Linked

Are the Plugs that won’t come back online after a power cycle V1 or V2 Plugs?

V2 Plugs have a symbol that looks like a key on the back, say 2021 or 2022 somewhere on them, and say “Wyze Plug V2” in Device info.

Also, if a V2, what version is the firmware? (also Device Info)

1 Like

I think all are v1. I lied…v2 as well.

1.2.0.80 firmware.
1.2.0.239 v2…

I was wrong. I had a v2 in a box. Just plugged it in and it is working fine.

2 Likes

Not much the Mods can do, other that call in employees which has already been done. This looks like a good topic for Fix It Friday which should be coming up the day after tomorrow (if not delayed by the holiday). If everyone in this thread posts there, it should bump it up the list.

1 Like

all v1

can not setup WLPP1, 4 of WLPP1 working OK for now but 4 other WLPP1 will NOT connect.

I can factory reset and setup again but when app ask for JOIN Group or Share is when plug seems to have problem, app finishes setup and correctly displays on main page correctly but does not connect to plug since plug is still slow blinking. Get this, app reports correct IP address and shows ON/OFF status when change. I can ping and ARP table shows correct macID with IP. APP will NOT show plug as OFFLINE. 4 plugs doing same exact not working scenario of setup does not complete correctly. Tried setup 2 other device is all good.

I think something to do with screen that ask for SHARE or GROUP join, I dont remember that screen maybe year ago.

Have done RESET and power off phone and disconnected other devices.

Mine are all v1 with the same firmware… None of them work except the one I have not unplugged yet…

1 Like

This so a FW issue, that happened between 1.2.0.56 and 1.2.0.80 (inclusive), in my case anyway.

It may have happened before 1.2.0.80 but from the overwhelming reaction, it’s probably a bug in that revision.

Wyze can temporarily solve this, regress back to a previous version and then work on the bug so we can our stuff back working again.

P.s. I just dug my Christmas stuff and the plug is working…not updating it that’s for sure

1 Like