Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period on a per camera basis

Pause notifications for 10, 30, 60, 120 mins. When someone is home on a monitoring day, would like to pause the alerts to that camera.

Also, scheduling notifications by time is great and adding the option for days. That way you can exclude the weekends via schedule. Now we have to manually turn off and back on the notifications for the weekend.

2 Likes

I would like to add the recommendation to have the “snooze” option be a part of the push app notification. Either a “View Alert”, “Snooze Alert” or “Cancel” :slight_smile:

17 Likes

This would be awesome! Example…I’m doing some outdoor work and set off the notifications a hundred times in one afternoon. Rather than turning notifications off (and forgetting to turn it back on), a temporary pause or snooze option would be awesome.

16 Likes

We may do a timed do not disturb type function later on. Though you can do multi-day Event and notification scheduling by using Shortcuts. You’ll have to set up separate schedules for turning them off and on. Please let me know if you need any help with it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like to see the day added to the notifications.

3 Likes

Being able to snooze alerts when I am home would be awesome as I basically like to keep my cameras recording 24/7

8 Likes

This is already possible via IFTTT applets. If you Search the forum for IFTTT, you can find threads where people have done just that. Also, searching on the main IFTTT app page for “Wyze” will reveal several applets available to you :slight_smile:

Awesome, I have not used IFTTT in a while, guess now is as good a time as any to get back in.
Thanks for the info.

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

Came here to suggest this. My ring doorbell can snooze alerts for 30 minutes and 1 hour. Would love to have an option like this in Wizen

8 Likes

Yup, as an existing user of Ring and a new user of Wyze I see that Ring’s “snooze” feature would be great for when I know kids are home with nanny so I don’t need pings but I do want to capture video just in case.

7 Likes

Yes, I agree with the “Snooze” notification by device or group of devices feature is a must like they have on the RING. Especially since we can even improve it by adding more options of time with 10, 30, 60 min, 1hr, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24 hours. With the option to stop or to continue the recording even if the notifications have been snoozed.

Imaging per example, that you have kids are having a party a the house, I will receive dozen and dozen of notifications each time that the door will open and close and will open and close, etc. I would like to turn them off for x hours while continuing recording.

7 Likes

This is one of the best features of ring! It’s very nice to snooze notifications on my phone or my watch when I’m working outside in the front, for example. Please consider adding this! I’m new to Wyze but all the notifications aren’t ideal!

6 Likes

Agree as when we have guest over it would be great to be able to turn off all notifications all cameras and sensors in one click for a select period of time. Possibly the use of a scroll wheel? Select by number of hours rather than a clock input. It’s quicker.

5 Likes

Yes I agree, either a quick button and/or a quick wheel avoiding to keypunch any value
Eric

5 Likes

Also can be scheduling, for certain times, like during the hours you are sleeping and work as an alarm…

1 Like

I want the ability to pause notifications for 1/3/5/7 hours. I have my Wyze cam pointed to my front yard, But on weekends when my kids are playing outside, i dont need a notification every 5 minutes. I dont want to turn off notifications because i may forget to turn it back on. A pause function would be perfect!

9 Likes

Adding another vote for this do not disturb feature,

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, @ferris209. In order to vote on a #wishlist topic, you must click the VOTE button on the top-left at the beginning of the topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done! Thanks!

1 Like