Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period on a per camera basis

I’d like to suggest that you add a “snooze” to the notification for movement/people alert.

For example, if I’m out mowing the lawn, I don’t need a notification every time I drive past my camera. Let me snooze alerts for an hour or two so my phone isn’t constantly notifying me

5 Likes

This would be really useful during this shut-in period.

Now that our staff is not working in the office, we are using Wyse Cams to keep a eye on the building 24/7. In the past, we had to cameras configure to only notify use after work hours, but with everyone working at home, they are now configured to notify 24/7. The problem is that from time to time, we have staff that go by the office to pick up something. It is REALLY nice to get the first notification, but they get really old after a while when you know that someone is in the building and they should be.

3 Likes

Any chance there is an update on if this will be added? Or is it still set for maybe later? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No update at this point. Thanks for checking in! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this feature on my Ring camera. It would be very helpful on my Wyze since I use it inside and I’m not on a set schedule.

3 Likes

It seems like such a simple request… with the Ring doorbell, I just swipe down on a notification and snooze them for 30 minutes or an hour, but the Wyze app requires me to turn off notifications altogether. Many times, I’m busy and will very likely forget to turn them back on. You could say, “Too bad, your fault, learn to remember,” but being that the whole basis of the Wyze platform is convenience, it just seems wrong. Leaving the request hanging for so long is just ignoring users and keeping your devices on the wrong side of progress.

4 Likes

Eufy has it too.

2 Likes

This is really silly that this isn’t implemented yet. As a software developer this seems really simple to do.

I keep forgetting to turn notifications back on when I go in and out of my garage. I feel like I am vulnerable because this feature is not implemented.

PLEASE write this future. I am thinking about getting another camera for my driveway, but certainly won’t use a camera that I can’t snooze alerts.

3 Likes

I REALLY need this feature. Super annoying to have someone working in the yard, setting the notifications off OVER and OVER. I disabled them once, and then it took three days before I realized all my notifications were disabled. This is a major safety problem.

6 Likes

New to the Wyze Ecosystem, and this is a big concern for us. I love getting the notifications when something unexpected is happening, but my wife has already turned off notifications on her phone due to how often they happen with the kids playing outside.

2 Likes

I would like to see a feature that allowed a pause of notifications for a specified camera (i.e. pause 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours etc.). My use case is for my garage camera. When I am working in the garage it repeatedly announces “Person detect at Wyze Garage” on my network of Echos through the house. A pause would allow me to silence them without forgetting to enable notifications for that camera.

7 Likes

I would love this as well. I have a Wyze Cam and Wyze sensor in the garage and when I work in the garage (like I’ve been doing all weekend), my phone just keeps on buzzing, over and over and over. It’s incredibly annoying. I would love to have the ability to “pause” Wyze notifications (per camera ideally) for specified amounts of time. I can imagine this being very helpful to others as well!

4 Likes

It would be nice to be able to mute the notifications for X amount of time. For instance, you click the icon and it then asks you for 1 hour, 2 hours, indefinitely.

5 Likes

At least you should have a cool down time after a notification before you get another.

Ditto, was going to put in a request for this. Duplex neighbors kids play in my driveway and it gets annoying getting notified every 2 mins for an hour or two straight

3 Likes

It’s crazy to me that this hasn’t been implementedby now. Most people aren’t going to remember to turn their notifications back on. Please create a snooze option!

6 Likes

This should be a standard feature for any security camera. All my other cameras have this option. Turning notifications off and “remembering” to turn them back on is not a solution. Getting slammed by notifications when you want them paused is annoying, especially if you’re streaming music via bluetooth. I don’t want to get notifications every 15 seconds (and interrupting music) when I’m working in my backyard, for example. Prevents me from using Wyze cams for any serious type of need, and keeps me purchasing from the competitors whenever I want to add or upgrade a camera.

3 Likes

If we could get a wait timer in rules, we could create our own snooze buttons. It never fails that when I turn off motion detection when cutting my grass, I always forget to turn it back on when I’m done.

3 Likes

It would be really useful if it were possible to suspend notifications for a set amount of time. With my Ring camera, when I get a notification I can suspend future notifications for 30 minutes or one hour easily and on an Apple Watch I can do it even quicker as the prompt appears below the thumbnail.

So if I’m working in the area covered by the camera I won’t get constant notifications that I’m not interested in. The only other way is to manually switch them off and then set a reminder to switch them back on again.

4 Likes

Yeah this seems like a simple add. Instead of the bell being a toggle on/off, make it open a window with multiple pause options as well as disable. This should happen.

2 Likes