Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period on a per camera basis

Yes to everyone above. I don’t want a global toggle. I need the ability to snooze individual cameras or groups for a specific set of time.

It never fails that I’m doing work around my house and forget to re-enable notifications.

PLEASE add this feature.

3 Likes

This is much needed. A 3-minute or 5-minute snooze is all I would need. Just long enough to turn on my Wyze Cams while I’m still in my apartment, grab my keys, and leave and lock the door.

1 Like

Since your AI can’t identify a “Fly” or “Wind blowing grass” or a motion light turning on or off, or “Lightning” or rain, or a long list of non-important motions, PLEASE implement “snooze notifcations for x mins” feature in the app!

I am a programmer and this would be VERY SIMPLE and like 30+ users have been asking for this since 2018!!! (Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period)

(I didn’t add to that post because it’s obvious Wyze developers are ignoring it)

At my remote home, there is often wind, thunder storms, flies, deer and other “temporary” motion activators. And it is ridiculous that I have to deal with 10-20 false notifications for the short period of time they occur - and it’s a huge risk if I turn off notifications and then forget to turn them back on.

What exactly are your developers waiting for before they implement this common and popular requested feature??

6 Likes

Suggestion: add a button accompanying notifications to snooze Cam Plus (or just snooze notifications) for certain amounts of time like an hour or two. It would be extremely convenient to do this right from the notification. I’m on a Note 9, but I’m sure the feature would be welcome universally.

There’s probably a much better solution already, but I’m using this in my garage (workers come and go through the garage door for renovations). If I need to work in my garage, which is my home office during the renovations, I’m simply turning off the camera. Unfortunately I’m forgetting to turn it on again, which defeats the purpose. Snoozing it would be a much, much better solution.

Thanks!

3 Likes

In July '20 there was a posting from the team with nothing new. How about now? Any updates?

I have 6 cameras and 2 doorbells around my home and an additional doorbell and camera to keep an eye on my aging parents. I’m about to scrap the entire system except for the doorbells and around my parents and do a proper wired system. That would change if a seemingly simple “snooze” feature was implemented.

4 Likes

@ImCereal
It is still marked as ‘maybe-later’ so my guess is there is no new movement on this as of yet.

1 Like

Still “maybe later”? If it’s not implemented by now I’d guess it isn’t even under consideration at this point. Which is understandable, as the focus these days seems to be on new product development.

1 Like

Yes please! I just realized today that I had forgotten to re-enable notifications on my cameras… so frustrating. I don’t have a set schedule… I need to be able to snooze for 30/60 min etc. I use this all the time on my Ring doorbell (kids playing in the yard). By the way, this is the only reason I haven’t made the switch to the Wyze doorbell yet. Hint hint… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PLEASE add a notification cool-down period. Since geofencing doesn’t work worth a damn I’m really tired of getting 3-8 notifications in under a minute when I or anyone else comes home.

2 Likes

I’m adding vote #215 for this. It would be great to snooze notifications while I’m working in the driveway. I typically walk in front of the camera 30 or more times in a short period.

3 Likes

A 1-hour notification pause button

I know there is a “push notification disabled” button in the app. However, it would be great if there was a 1,2, or 3 hour notification disabled/paused button. I am constantly having to disable notifications because I am outside working or playing with the kids and by phone is blowing up with notification alarms. But then I always forget to put the notifications back on later when we come inside. “The life a busy parent”. A button that turns off notifications for an hour or two would be great. Please vote this up. I need it!

2 Likes

This is such a clear and obvious requirement for a security camera. The fact that Wyze still does not have this (which is a fairly simple software update to implement) blows my mind… and is one of the many contributing factors why I say Wyze cameras are novelty devices and not a valid solution for home security.

4 Likes

A thread that was started Nov '18 with what seems like a relatively simple solution. Let’s do this Wyze …

2 Likes

App: Mute notifications Timer to Unmute

I frequently forget to unmute my notifications from my V3 cameras and doorbell pro. Please add a timer to the Mute Button in the App, such as “Mute for 1/2 hour, One Hour, All day” etc… This will allow us to Mute kids playing, construction, or gardeners causing lots of notifications without forgetting to UNMUTE when the events are over.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

3 Likes

This would quite literally solve the most irritating thing about owning Wyze cameras. Amazing that it’s been requested since 2018. Can we get this done please?

3 Likes

This is literally getting worse with each “Wyze AI” update. It’s raining and Wyze thinks there is a traffic jam in my driveway somehow. The CARS AREN’T MOVING!!!

I’ve had 40+ alerts in 15 minutes BECAUSE OF RAIN and my only option is disable alerts completely. What did we get? A useless gun safe and NO ANSWERS ON ANYTHING

3c0d968c7881c8d87d07045218791f6628c40c4f_2_629x500

[Mod Note]: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines. Profanity removed from image name.

3 Likes

I do not understand why the developers are refusing to implement this simple feature that many users have been asking for 3+ years!

3 Likes

Until Wyze implements one or both of the following two wishlist items (please vote for them), your alternatives are turn vehicle detection off for this cam and/or realign cam direction to exclude parked vehicle. Wyze gave a live public demo of the latter… meaning they are developing it.

Car / Vehicle Detection

Detection option based on detecting differences from what is normally in the frame (AI Learning)

6 Likes

I don’t see this posted since November of 2018 so I’m re-upping it. I would love a PAUSE button on notifications for sensors and cameras. I have motion sensors on my entry ways and door sensors that tell me when doors are opened and closed.

Sometimes I’m mowing the yard and yes, I know there’s a person in my front yard. It me.

We had a party a couple weeks ago and people were going in and out of my back door constantly. Just let me pause notifications for 10, 30, 60, 120 minutes. By device - or all overall would be nice.

Thank you! Love the products. Waiting for my handheld vacuum and ear pods to be delivered today!

9 Likes

What is the status in this. It can’t be that complicated. Maybe those of us that want this feature should move to a different company that supports this. It is apparent that Wyze isn’t listening to the customer. Please provide a timeline to get this done or provide someone we can contact to get some traction on this. Today please.

5 Likes