Pause (snooze) notifications for user-chosen period on a per camera basis

+1 to this request. My Eufy doorbell camera has had this for years. Super useful.

For example, if I’m working in the yard, I get constant notifications from my Wyze camera about a person. Duh, the person is me! I want to snooze for an hour so I don’t get notifications while I’m out there.

@UserCustomerGwen, I saw you said no update back in 2020. Any chance we can revisit this?

4 Likes

Don’t expect anything, as I’ve been told by a moderator WYZE doesn’t read the wish list forums or use them as suggestions which really begs the question, why does it exist?

4 Likes

Wyze Team, Why are you not paying attention to this request? It seems like such a no-brainer. Any idea how irritating it is to have someone planting flowers in the front yard or sitting in the back and to have the annoying notifications pop up constantly? Sure I can turn off notifications but then (as other people have pointed out) I may forget to turn them back on. Ring has had this feature for years.

P.S. Another useful feature would be to pause (snooze) event recordings for a user-chosen period. We’d like to be able to sit in our back yard without every move recorded and pushed to the cloud.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Wilf , I am a volunteer in the community forums and try to help when I can.

A snooze feature would be a useful addition to the Wyze Rules. In the interim you could set up a plug trigger to do the same function. Here is a way to do it:

1. Create a Shortcut Rule and call it Pause Cameras (or something). This Shortcut will trigger the Wyze Plug action “Turn on for” and you put in the duration as part of the action.

2. Create a Trigger Rule for when the plug goes on. The Action for this will be Turn off Notifications on X Cameras. Where X is the name of the camera. you can add as many cameras in the action list.

3. Create another Trigger Rule for when the plug goes off. The Action for this will be Turn On Notifications on X Cameras. Where X is the name of the camera. you can add as many cameras in the action list.

Then when you click on the Shortcut it will turn on the plug which will turn off notifications. Then after the set period of time the plug will turn off. The plug going off will trigger the Notifications to turn back on.

Added benefit if you have a watch is that you can make the Shortcut available to the watch or band.

3 Likes

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I was just wondering though, I don’t have a Wyze plug. Wouldn’t I need one to make this work or am I missing something?

I use a Wyze plug as a support device and don’t plug anything into it. It is tucked away as well. However, you can use other items which supports been on for Rules like a Bulb.

I feel like the biggest reason against a snooze or pause button to the notifications is that it would take away from sales of Cam Plus Pro, which has the ability to remember safe faces. This answer is obviously not on the sides of everyone who has requested this feature, which includes myself. However I feel like it’s going to be the answer we all have to live with.

I respectful disagree for these reasons:

1. The AI doesn’t work well, so it doesn’t reliably detect “safe faces”, so the feature is pretty useless.
  2. When doing lawn work or having a party, objects are too far away to work with the AI.
  3. All the OTHER reasons for wanting to snooze alerts, like during a windy day, or rain storm, or bugs have nothing to do with the “safe faces” feature.
2 Likes

I really need this feature—I can’t make a set schedule as daily needs fluctuate. And I constantly forget to turn things back on when I turn them off (notifications, cameras, etc.). I need to turn different things off but wish I could select for how long and then they’d automatically turn on again. There’s similar options for “pausing” or “muting” on other apps like how you can set a focus status on iPhone for a certain number of hours, or for pausing devices connected to the Xfinity wifi app for hours or “Until I Unpause.” (See attached screenshots). I use those options all the time!

2 Likes

THIS FEATURE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. This is an industry standard. (As are many of the other requests on hold here.) I’m speaking here as a security monitoring professional of 15+ years.

Security monitoring products like Wyze security cams, antivirus, network intrusion detection, etc. all need to reduce false alarms and unactionable / unwanted alerts. Or else they are bad, unusable products destined to fail.

There must be multiple different methods of avoiding “uninteresting” alerts, and they must be both enabled by default (to benefit novice users) and also user-configurable (because different customers have different environments and needs / requirements).

Wyze is having trouble reducing false alarms, as evidenced by these feature requests / votes and the number of false alarms bombarding customers including myself. So inhibiting false alarms is a suggestion as to how to help this situation that nobody including Wyze should want.

Excessive alerts are not just annoying and unhelpful, they also reduce security. They lead to what the security monitoring world refers to as “alert fatigue,” where operators start ignoring alerts that might refer to something new or important.

Telling advanced users to enable multi-step rules to simulate this feature is a poor solution. Custom solutions like this are less reliable and sophisticated, and few users will implement it.

Having said that, my feature request would be a little different from a “snooze” button the user has to keep clicking.

Once a notification is triggered for a specific type of event (motion, package, etc.), the software should be able to suppress repeat notifications for that exact same type of event on that camera for 5-10 minutes or whatever. Justification — repeat notifications add little value, as the operator has already been alerted.

The event should probably still be recorded, just with the notification suppressed. And would be great if a user could control this setting, by turning it off/on and choosing the duration. Maybe there could be an option to disable this automatic throttling and get to use the snooze button instead.

4 Likes

The ability to suppress notification floods is a good thing, period. Not having it is a bad thing, period. This is true for everyone, including Wyze and all Wyze customers.

Suppressing notification floods has nothing to do with Cam Plus Pro. Every Wyze security product gets notification floods and false alarms. They all need this feature. Upgrading to Cam Plus Pro does not fix this in the slightest.

This also has nothing to do with facial recognition. Facial recognition does not fix this. Floods can happen with or without facial recognition. Some of us want to be aware of motion events where no person is identified, for example, let alone a specific face.

This is a problem today, or people would t be reporting it. If any of these things people suggested fixed it, then it would already be fixed now.

3 Likes

I’ve been moving to Eufy cameras for this and a few other reasons.

However, I’d really like to pause/snooze notifications on the Wyze cams I currently own.

3 Likes

Also one of the main reasons I stopped purchasing Wyze products and went with (mainly) all Ring cameras. That and the pure lack of options to integrate with a smart home.

1 Like

Ability to pause or snooze Motion Alerts

This mostly affects my Wyze Video Doorbell because I have motion alerts turned on. But this could also be nice for any of the cameras. I’d like to receive motion alerts but when kids are playing or I’m working in the yard I’d like to temporarily turn off alerts. It’s a hassle to have to open app and turn off motion alerts then remember to turn them back on. It would be great if the first motion notification would allow me the option to stop any future motion events for something like 30 minutes. A friend has a different video doorbell with that option.

5 Likes

Here’s another vote for pausing notifications. I keep having to turn off notifications for certain cameras due to wind or if the gardener or myself is working in the yard. Invariably I forget to turn them back on. Making them useless. My Ring cameras allow me to do this and works great. Please implement this.

3 Likes

Would be great to pause/mute notifications for just a shared/specific user. For example my 2 teenagers don’t need to get doorbell notifications while they are at school.

5 Likes

Snooze time for camera notifications

I would love you cameras to have this option. Being able to snooze notifications for a certain time for example if i have a camera in the backyard and we are doing s cookout i can snooze notifications so i won’t be bother with so many notifications (ring has this future but i love your cameras way better😉)

[Mod Note]: Your topic was moved to this #wishlist topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

4 Likes

One more vote for snoozing!

2 Likes

Another vote for snoozing. This is one of the most useful features of my Ring doorbell.

3 Likes

Im jumping in to agree with what has been said. Lets get this implemented

2 Likes