Outdoor Base Station Lost Connection

I am sorry to hear. I witness your pain as this was my experience as well. I had to try about 12 different ways to get to this solution. Also, their email support is currently routing to SPAM. Circle up if this works. Here was their original text, so confusing as to whether or not you would POWER UP with this method (like so many other devices) or if you should do so with a blinking light (a key data point IMO, LOL).

1. Connect the base station and the router with an ethernet cable. Press and hold the reset key for 10 seconds until the base station status light turns yellow

I will try this tomorrow,
Thanks.

Yeah, I know what you mean! I had tried a few different iterations on my own, but not exactly as you wrote it out, so maybe that will be the trick. Iā€™m not going to hold my breath, though, since the other options didnā€™t work.

You have to manually flash base firmware to previous version 4.16.2.12 to regain wifi connection or wait for next release.

Current 4.16.2.16 breaks wifi connection ! :rage: Got ā€œset wifi info failedā€ when trying to set wifi info again.

Saw one beta user reporting wifi is working fir his multiple base stations. Hence you can wait for next release.

Oh! Thanks! I forgot to look for previous versions. Hope that will get me back up and running until a fix is made! Iā€™ll probably try that Monday.

@zparnell1959 and @JAWGS if it doesnā€™t work know that through all of my troubleshooting it appears that I did flash my firmware back to 4.16.0.187 (November 3, 2020) successfully prior to running steps 1-5. So if the above doesnā€™t work; that could be another troubleshooting step. <Meaningā€¦if you were on the latest firmware and the 1-5 steps above dont work; you may need to go back to a workable firmware and then proceed with 1-5 againā€¦>

1 Like

Even when i bumped back firmware I continued to stay in wifi mode, so I still had to reset using a paperclip and ethernet. Did you?

I think I just flashed base firmware to previous version, plugged in ethernet cable, waited led solid blue, set wifi info and disconnected cable. Then wifi connection resumed with solid blue led after flashing a bit instead of flashing continuously.

I had the same problem with base station going offline and canā€™t get it back.
Very disappointed with Wyze. I was two weeks past one year of purchase, even though it was only put in service 6 months ago. They are making me buy a replacement.
I will be looking elsewhere in the future, this is TERRIBLE customer service.

I just went through getting my base back to x.x.x.12 (the last version that worked that came out in July, I think) and then it took me a couple of tries following your directions, but I finally got the base connected and back into the app. Device info shows that itā€™s back to the old firmware. My camera is out in the back yard and I am not going to go out in the extreme humidity to get it paired tonight, so I will try to get the camera paired up tomorrow. Iā€™ve missed having it operating this past week! Thanks for reminding me to change my firmware back to a working version before trying the reset. I canā€™t believe I forgot to just do that on my own. I used to work in software support, so youā€™d think Iā€™d remember to do something like that!

I tired going back to previous firmware and resetting, but nothing seems to work.
Since Wyze will not provide replacement, I suppose I will have to buy new base station.

I canā€™t find place to purchase base station without camera. Can base station be purchased separately without camera?

It took me a couple of tries to get it to reset and connect, so maybe the same thing will happen for you I think the key was that I had to wait for the light to be blinking blue before doing the reset with the paperclip. Doing it when it was yellow didnā€™t help me. Make sure you slow count to 10. I was pretty surprised and happy when the light turned solid blue! I had just decided to try the paperclip reset when the light was blinking and thatā€™s when things finally seemed to ā€œclickā€ into place.

Thanks, I will give it another try.

1 Like

I have had this product for several months and it keeps going offline. While I can get it back on again with resets/ reconnects / ethernet hardwiring if I am at the location, the whole point of having the camera is remote monitoring. I have messaged support saying I need a solution to make it reliable, rather than simply telling me to reset, or failing that a refund, but got no response. Have been a big fan, big buyer and big recommender of Wyze products but this one seems to have real issues.

Just one last update on my issue: I got my camera paired up today and itā€™s all working again with the old firmware in place. Thanks again so much for the help! I really missed this camera working! Based on where it is, I am planning to replace it with a v3. Iā€™ll get way too many video clips with a v3 there, but I wonā€™t have to worry about going out there in the winter to charge it as there is power nearby. The outdoor camera will be moved to another area that will be easier to access when itā€™s time to be charged.

1 Like

Please Wyze just fix it for me. My router sees the base station with itā€™s flashing blue light but my app says offline. It worked so well for months, then suddenly quit, amazing how long the camera battery lasts. Reading these comments, itā€™s too complicated to fix.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried all the tips in this thread, but it refuses to connect to the internet - just that flashing blue light. It cannot be this complicated. What kind of diagnosis can we do?

I just found this post, which seemed to work for another community member.

Thanks so much for the specific step by step instructions. This solved my problem. Base Station is up and running!

2 Likes

Great, youā€™re the second it has worked for.

1 Like