Wyze Cam Outdoor 4.17.1.52, Base Station 4.16.1.22, and Wyze Robot Vacuum 1.6.113 Firmware Versions Released - 4/19/21

Happy Monday, Forum Friends!

We have updates going out that add Wyze Home Monitoring support to Wyze Cam Outdoor and improve the WiFi connection and mapping for Wyze Robot Vacuum!

Wyze Cam Outdoor: 4.17.1.52
Base Station: 4.16.1.22
Wyze Robot Vacuum: 1.6.113

Read our Release Notes:

7 Likes

I updated my outdoor cameras with no problems. Then I started the base station update. It said update failed. Restarted it and failed again. I connected it to my router with a cable and reran the update. Failed again. I Restarted the WYZE app and the base shows up to date but no cameras connected. My cameras all show off line. I tried reinstalling them and they won’t connect. The app tells me to place them closer to the base. They are about 6 inches from it. HELP!!!

2 Likes

I got the same flurry of updates on my Wyze Cam Outdoors and Base Stations. This morning, both (2) local cameras were showing the cloud with a line through it and 3 of 4 remote cameras were showing the same. As I was typing this, I decided to check again and the locals are now working. 3 of the 4 remotes are still DOA. Not sure what to do. Wait? Pray? Can I reboot the remotes? Do I have to drive 200 miles to fix them? The cameras appear to be connected since they’re reporting device info. Any clues would be appreciated.

My only outdoor cam that is working now is the one I didn’t update the firmware. Please fix this asap. I didn’t buy this so you could take out the cameras periodically with firmware updates.

2 Likes

Another reason I do not update the firmware or app. on the day it is released. I like to check the comments/news and see what went “went wrong**” before I update. Hope your issues get resolved.

1 Like

Oddly enough, 2 more of the remote cameras came alive again about 12 h after I noticed they were not working. Only 1 is still out of commission. Maybe it will come back on tomorrow.

Base station will not update. All outdoor cams dead…no connection. Also hundreds of miles away. I really really really hope this gets fixed on Wyze end ASAP. Unacceptable.

Updating Base Station:

Oop’s we’re sorry, the update failed.

Click on retry and I find that the device is offline. Of course this means the cameras attached to it are also offline.

1 Like

I have the same issue after updating the outdoor camera app and the base stations cause the cameras not to work anymore. I see that the camera are turn on but I can’t connect to them anymore. the video won’t show on the app and then I try pairing the camera again and the pairing just fails.

1 Like

Change your firmware back to the previous version.

Thanks @Antonius didn’t know that was possible. trying that option now

I tried doing the firmware change to the previous version and it didn’t happen. The little bar marched slowly to 100% and then… nothing. Same firmware version as before.

I actually got reverting failed error on one of the outdoor cameras. now I am goin to try the base station

I can only revert the base station firmware but the cameras fail everytime

Have you tried signing out of the app. force close the app. open the app and sign back in ? I have reverted the firmware on the base and cams many times before but since I didn’t get this new version yet I don’t know what else to tell you.

First thing I tried. Can’t connect to the cameras to change the firmware back. Just the base station. Reverting the base station backwards didn’t change the camera connections. Still all offline. Appreciate the suggestion and trying to help.

Hi all, sorry about the issue. We’re looking into this with our dev team. If any of you DM me the MAC ID’s for your base station and outdoor camera?

2 Likes

After updating the firmware last night on the outdoor camera and base station, today motion is being repeatedly detected outside of the motion detection zone for the outdoor camera.

Don’t know if this was caused by the firmware update, but the motion detection done has been working up until now in ignoring an area of its view that has frequent motion.

Verified motion detection zone is toggled on and is still configured. The green motion tracking square is showing motion in the area I have set it to ignore.

Using latest iOS app as well. Tried turning the camera off and on through the app with no change.

Updated firmware last night on the outdoor camera and base station, today motion is being repeatedly detected outside of the motion detection zone for the outdoor camera.

Don’t know if this was caused by the firmware update, but the motion detection done has been working up until now in ignoring an area of its view that has frequent motion.

Verified motion detection zone is toggled on and is still configured. The green motion tracking square is showing motion in the area I have set it to ignore.

Using latest iOS app as well. Tried turning the camera off and on through the app with no change.