Notifications not working (cam plus)

Anyone else having issues with V3 cam plus notifications? Mine have been hit or miss (mostly miss) the past few days. It’s recording the events and tagging (person, vehicle, etc) correctly but notifications are not being sent. I’ve tried unplugging and checking all the settings. Contact sensor notifications seem to be working fine it’s just the cam plus notifications not working most of the time.

1 Like

I just had others ask me about this, so it sounds like there is something being delayed with the AWS system. Usually when delays like this happen it turns out to be an AWS issue. I’ll see if I can find out how widespread it is.

EDIT: Looks like Wyze is aware there is a Cam Plus Event issue currently being experienced:

10/8/21 5:00 PM PT - We’re seeing a drop in the success rate of Cam Plus Event playback. While the strong majority of videos are playing as expected, we take this seriously and are working with our partners to investigate why this drop has occurred and repair it. Thank you for your patience.

So they’re looking into it.

I checked AWS outages and there are some being reported, but not a ton:

And Amazon’s own website reports things are operating normally currently:
https://status.aws.amazon.com/

So we’ll wait for Wyze’s investigation to figure out what’s going on and resolve it.

@derekderekm , I am experiencing no AI Notifications but an receiving the “Complete Motion” or non AI notifications. Since Wyze is looking into the Playback issue, I am hoping that this is related as well and will correct the notification issue.

@UserCustomerGwen , do you know if the reported playback issue you all are looking into would also affect the Notifications for AI?

Alexa does announce, but no notification on the phones.

I am not getting any notifications either. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Mine seems to be recording/playback with no issues, it’s just not sending the notification. Maybe it’s related to the same issue though.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I haven’t paid attention to if I am getting phone notifications, I just noticed I was still getting Alexa announcements, so I assumed that meant my phone notifications were working too. I’ll try to pay attention and test it when I leave my home office later tonight.

All of mine are working just fine

1 Like

In the last 12 to 18 hours, my AI Notifications have stopped coming to my Android and iOS phones. Alexa still announces that there is a person detected, but no notification on my devices. I am only being notified of “Complete Motion” and Contact / Motion sensors.

@WyzeBaohua , is there something going on with WYZE AI Notifications?

I did see this announcement, also provide by @carverofchoice :slight_smile:

10/8/21 5:00 PM PT - We’re seeing a drop in the success rate of Cam Plus Event playback. While the strong majority of videos are playing as expected, we take this seriously and are working with our partners to investigate why this drop has occurred and repair it. Thank you for your patience.

But this seems to be talking about playback and not the notifications.

1:20 pm Eastern Time, I have started getting AI Notifications on my phones. Continuing to monitor. But I just had 3 in sequence.

EDIT

As fast as it comes, it goes away… :slight_smile: 1:41 Easrern, the AI Notification stopped again. :frowning:

Thank you for posting this issue. As I just tested, at 9:39 PDT, I can get AI detection notifications on both Android and iOS devices running beta App. Could you test it again please? Thanks!

1 Like

Started working consistently today or this morning. Seemed to start coming back yesterday afternoon.

Still have the VDB event stream issue, which it appears you all know about.

Thanks for following up.

2 Likes

My notifications seem to be working again. Will need to wait and see if it continues

@WyzeBaohua

I just submitted log #317103. This is a log of my VDB and not being able to play the events. I can live stream without issues.

Could this be related to the following service announcement:

Note: I am only experiencing this with my VDB. Started about the same time the announcement was added.

1 Like

I can confirm that today I did not receive notifications from AI events on wyze cam v3

I just looked at our events and I see pet,vehicle,person on all 13 of our V3 so I wounder why your not getting any

My notifications have been working consistently for 2 days so I think my problem has been resolved

I have been consistently getting the “complete Motion” notifications on my phone and watch, but not the “person,” “pet” or vehicle notifications. I have noticed that every time I go into the “events” tab, I have to reset the filters to show those events, but they are not tagged. I have two dogs and they don’t trigger the “pet” notification either. All of these were working just a few days ago.

Well same here we gave up and not useing the filters anymore,I just don’t trust it…need 2 remember it’s only a TOY camera

Well, I spoke too soon. Still having the same issue today…

I’m still not receiving notifications for Person. on Wyze cam v3 beta firmware and beta Android app