Nooks and Crannies Meet Wyze Handheld Vacuum - 1/19/21

The snout is way too short. With the attachment, it is way too long.
If the snout length was about 6", I would have ordered one.

Sold out?

Email received at 4:08pm 1/19/2021, get off work at 10pm, get home, try to order it at 10:45pm and it’s sold out??? Not cool.

2 Likes

Sorry you missed it.

I’m guessing they did it this way this time because it seems like in previous pre-order launches, they sold way more than they could reasonably handle without running into supply/delivery issues, causing some delays and people very vocally complaining about said delays.

Well, that, and it’s a very well established marketing technique to tell everyone there is a limited supply which psychologically makes some people who might’ve put it off (and then never go through with buying it) hurry and buy it anyway, and thus get more sales than you would’ve otherwise expected to get had you not done that.

I was tempted to get one, and had my wife look at it, but ultimately decided to pass on this product for now until I can see some better reviews and comparisons. It seems like it could be a pretty good price for a reasonable portable handheld vacuum, but we probably need to first replace our primary big vacuum.

I know that Xiaomi and Wyze have a lot of common as they share the “same” manufacture. How does this Wyze Handheld Vacuum compare to the XIAOMI MIJIA Cleanfly FV2?
Xiaomi’s product site

Aliexpress

As with almost all Wyze first gen products, my guess is it is absolutely identical. How disruptive. Releasing a product that is already on the market, just cheaper. At this point, I am becoming ever more disillusioned with what Wyze really is. This product simply underlines the fact that they aren’t all they claim to be.

I have the same question. I used my Dyson V8 to vacuum up the residual pellet ashes in my smoker and it plugged up the Dyson. Took me 2 hours of cleaning to get it to work again. Let’s see if Wyze Team gives us an answer.

I am so disappointed. I wanted to do the research before I pre-ordered the new WYZE handheld vacuum. Now. it is sold out. Really, please can I order just one? I pre-ordered the last WYZE camera and they were awesome. :rofl:

Same thing here :laughing: I wanted to compare the specs to my current handheld vacuum, and by the time I had finished doing that, I went to pre-order it, and it was already sold out! Less than 24 hours! :smile:

1 Like

But he likes being on the couch.
Btw, his name is Benson and he would really like a male voice on a future update.

Probably exactly the same, so might be good to check out some of the reviews for the xiaomi version.

Not all Wyze products are xiaomi name swaps, either way xiaomi makes decent quality products for cheap, same thing Wyze is trying to do. Xiaomi has recently been backlisted by the US govt, so getting their products here might now be even harder to do. What exactly does Wyze claim to be that they aren’t doing?

Read my posts. I don’t want to repeat myself. [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Out already ?!

What type of battery & how big? Would be good to list on product page.

1 Like

there is 3x 2000mAh lithium batteries

the specs page (click)

The design and specs on this appear to be very, very close to the Xiaomi Cleanfly FV2 (though there do appear to be a very few alleged differences…though I think those are typos from one company or the other), but for a WAY cheaper price. The few differences worth noting:

Xiaomi Vacuum:
MSRP = $130.27
Aliexpress = $85.98
eBay selling for around $100
Battery Capacity: 2000 mAh Large-capacity lithium battery
Running time: 10 min in strong mode and 25 min in persistent mode

Wyze:
$59.99+Shipping (that is definitely significantly lower IMO)
Battery Capacity: 6,000 mAh (presumably also lithium, but remains unspecified)
Running time: 10 mins in max power mode and 30 mins in default mode

What is weird to me with this, is that Wyze claims to have 300% (3 times) the battery power as the otherwise identical Xiaomi model, but the same amount of power output and power mode time, and only 5 minutes more default mode time. Almost everything else is identical. Was there a typo…is Wyze sure the battery capacity is really 6,000 mAh if the Xiaomi is identical in every other way with a smaller battery?

Xiaomi Cleanfly design:

VS Wyze Handheld Vacuum Design:

Xiaomi vs Wyze Specifications:

Charging time: ≈ 3h VS 3h
Running time: 10 min in strong mode VS 10 mins in max power mode
25 min in persistent mode VS 30 mins in default mode
Maximum suction: 16800pa in strong mode VS 16,800 PA in max power mode
9000pa in persistent mode VS 9,000 PA in default mode
Dust cup capacity: ≈ 0.2L vs 0.2 L
Net weight: ≈ 560g (19.7534oz) VS 19.8 oz (Wyze probably just rounded up)
Minimum noise: 73.8dB(A) VS 73.8dB(A)
Battery capacity: 2000mAh Large-capacity lithium battery VS 6,000mAh?
Charging: type-C 5V = 2A vs Type-C power cable
Rated voltage: 10.8V vs 10.8 V
Rated power: 120W vs 120 W
Price: $86-$130 vs $60+shipping

Wyze might want to check that the battery capacity was not a mistype or misunderstanding, and if it is correct, then make sure the run time factors aren’t actually higher than listed. It’s also possible that Xiaomi are the ones who had them listed incorrectly on their Aliexpress page…

Regardless, Wyze is as much as half the cost of the Xiaomi, and even with the sale price, it’s still significantly cheaper…not bad if you were in the market for something like this. Too bad they’re sold out, after doing some comparisons I might’ve actually gotten it now.

2 Likes

WYZE Vacs and NVIDIA 30XX RTX cards…

I think I must be totally missing a good joke or something. Can you elaborate? What do NVIDIA graphics cards have to do with anything?

WYZE does seem like the better deal and a more trusted brand. Time will tell. I’m betting on WYZE.

1 Like