Landscape View For Tablets

Rotating the image does nothing about the controls interface.

1 Like

The only plausible explanation as to why Wyze does not deliver landscape mode is because they may not want us, their customers, to be able to use Wyze in traditional computer screens as on-desk security system, Apple TVs, Google TVs, etc.

I would love for once to be able to monitor my Wyze cameras on my Apple TV or on my in-wall fixed iPad to monitor all things smart.

@WyzeGwendolyn can you give is a straight answer on where Wyze is going with Wyze App v3 ?

If and when Wyze App v3 arrives, will it include an app for iPads (and Android Tablets) that is a fully compliant with the specs laid out for apps on those platforms operating in a Landscape mode?

Perhaps Wyze should keep V2 running with it’s duct tape and bailing wire, and create a new app from scratch that throws off all the bad designs of Wyze App V2.xx ?

Maintain both apps for awhile, keep V2 in place while V3 is built from the ground up. I’d rather suffer through V2 to wait for V3 that is given the time needed to create an app that works properly in Landscape mode.

Is Wyze doing anything at present to address this Landscape issue beyond “Discussions”?

thank you,
SJ

2 Likes

I found this topic, which is now closed: https://forums.wyze.com/t/detection-zone-landscape-view-not-functioning-on-android/201891

It looks like that “bug” was never fixed and has been in the last several releases of the application. I just chatted with support and here is exactly what I was told:

Jericho Z: While checking on this, I am afraid to tell you that the landscape view for android is not officially supported yet. You can try going to your android settings->display->and make sure the Wyze app is in full-screen mode (which has worked for some).

Jericho Z: I sincerely apologize for this. Anyway, we have a Wishlist section of our forums where you can submit feature requests like this directly to our product team.
Jericho Z: Here’s a link to the Wishlist: Wishlist - Wyze Forum

So here I am wishing for functionality that used to exist and be supported within the Android application.

1 Like

This reply is from years ago. What ever happened to this? I have been patiently waiting!

3 Likes

Last month they said:

5 Likes

Check the wishlist out and see how long some other far more popular items have been waiting. Generally unless it’s a simple matter to code, if they cannot monetize something, then it goes on the back burner.

1 Like

[Soap Box Mode on]

With the price of fuel this days… that back burner is becoming a bit costly is it not? Or perhaps the ‘back burner’ ran out of fuel many years ago…, and rusting in an abandoned outhouse somewhere.

I look forward to the day that Wyze comes out of nowhere and produces a Wyze App V3, and slaps me upside the head and I no longer can self entertain on the Landscape obsession I have.

But, I will give credit where credit is due… I know for a fact that if Wyze never produces a fully functioning Landscape doing, Dark Mode dancing app for my IPad by the time my Wyze camera’s start failing and need to be replaced… They won’t be replaced by Wyze Products, and I now know the most important feature that I MUST HAVE when viewing camera’s, and that is the ability to view in Landscape on my iPad Pro .

Thank you Wyze for reminding me of this everyday… of what to look for when that inevitable day presents itself. (I really hope I get to stay on Team Wyze as I do like my camera’s and the many other Wyze Products I have purchased), but in a nutshell… No Landscape… No more Wyze camera’s for me.

Always feels good to vent occasionally… and not let it build up again.

I’m better for now.

Not sure what ‘now’ is defined as though… :slight_smile:

[Soap Box Mode off]

SJ

2 Likes

As soon as I saw this I was going to ask when it was ever off, but you kind of beat me to it yourself. :slight_smile:

So I am in the Wyze app on my iPad in forced portrait mode, and I see there is a firmware update. Now I have to rotate from portrait mode to landscape mode to view the Wyze website and back to portrait mode to view the Wyze app.

Ya, I also find that Wyze creates frustration on too many fronts, sometimes the only recourse is venting. I voted for this since I can empathize with those who use landscape orientation as the primary mode. I tend use my iPad in portrait orientation unless I’m using an external keyboard, so personally it’s not a big deal. But it seems to me, this is one of very few high usage apps that does not rotate, at least on my iPad.

Yep, we have several different types of cameras and WYZE is the only one still back in the dark ages on portrait mode issues. For all their seeming value it is growing more annoying as time passes.

1 Like

Call it self therapy along with the gentle, or not so Gentle reminder to Wyze, who probably doesn’t read these forums anyway.

So, just my way of keeping this topic alive.

4 years of Wyze being aware of this wishlist item… 4 more to go?

SJ

2 Likes

When submitting logs for they many Wyze products that I have, doing so on my iPhone is not an enjoyable experiencing typing in anything more than a word or two with my thumbs on the iPhone.

Whereas if submitting a log from my iPad, I can use my real attached keyboard… and leave much more info in that log that would be of use to the Developers… but, I tend to not appreciate having to type and read with my head sideways on the Landscape Oriented iPad Pro.

SJ

𝄩

𝇙

𝄩

<

<

𝄩
o

o

ϖ

𝄩

𝄩

o

o

𝄩

<
𝄩

8 Likes

Nice! And amusing. As you say, maybe the Wyze guys are doing us a favor. What are we really missing?

Dang, you’re killing it nixhome! (;>

Great :blush: dea!

Best one yet!

The post I’m replying to was merged into this thread. The WYZE person that did the merge clearly doesn’t understand the functionality discussed in my OP was once working just fine in the Android app. My request has nothing to do with tablets, but clearly WYZE wants to brush this one under the rug!