Wyze iPad app support for landscape mode

Can we get Wyze to support landscape mode on iPads? I have a keyboard and the app only is in portrait except during event playback.

Can we get this fixed?

2 Likes

That is not unique to the iPad. Most of the screens (except watching a camera) are portrait only - iOS, Android, phone, or tablet. Been requested many times.

Looks like at least 461 times so far, lol. @doug.spindler you can vote for it here:

1 Like

Sooner would be better than later. If it’s a budget issue, I’m sure a large number of your users would gladly pay you $1-$10 to get it done sooner. I sure would.

1 Like

While I wouldn’t mind everyone sending me their money, I’m not a Wyze employee. I’m a fellow user like yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Would you pay Wyze $1 - $10 for landscape?

Hope Wyze folks are look at this.

Millions of apps available in the app store that work in landscape mode. Wyze can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Looks like they had one programmer who figured it how to do it for playback. Must have been an unpaid intern as all of the other paid programmers could not figure it out.

1 Like

Seems like such an oversight that the App and products have been around for so long and nobody on the DEV Team thought to enable Auto-Rotation.

1 Like

Is Wyse going to add support for iPads yet?

3 Likes

Ipad landscape support please

1 Like

This (below) was posted more than a year ago and people have been asking for WAY longer than that. Hey! WYZE! CAN YOU HEAR US?! Please get his done. It can’t be that hard and you certainly have the $ to do it now.

“ EDIT 07/25: We are planning to do this for a future build and looking into the implementation now. I don’t have an ETA for it yet since we’re trying to figure out which sprint would work best for this but landscape view will happen. slight_smile While we have a landscape orientation for viewing streams, the app itself is not optimized for landscape view. This causes difficulty for people with disabilities and for some other use cases. Right now, we’re not optimized per iOS standards. Best, W…”

I have my iPads mounted in various locations around the home, to allow easy access to HomeKit and smart things automations. Would be nice if you could have a landscape mode for the app, but also if you could create widgets that could be placed on a homepage.

Adding support for iPads and Mac users has never been easier with their new programming algorithms that allow your coding to work over every platform! Please add an iPad version that will allow those with iPads, like myself who uses my iPad as a baby monitor and camera viewer for the Owlet and Nanit baby Cams. Adding support for the iPad would be simple, yes some tweaks would need to be made, but of all your beta users out there as well, like myself, we would assist in finding any issues that may need addressed.

** PLEASE ADD IPAD VERSION (especially iPad Pro) OF THE WYZE APP!!

1 Like