Fix-It Friday 2/25/22

Hello WyzeJimmy,

I see you posted this 29 Minutes Ago, so I’m assuming Wyze is open for Fix-it Friday Bugs.

I’d like to present a Bug that has been present in the Wyze App for over Four years.

That Bug, is:

Landscape Mode in Android Tablets and iPads.

When will this bug be addressed?

Yes, it’s a wishlist item, but, is that the best means to address this glaring Bug in the program? Apparently not, as this issue has festered in the Wyze Wishlist system for over FOUR years with little to no involvement by WYZE to address this BUG.

Many programs out there are written properly to be used on iPads and iPhones (Android phones & Android Tablets), to where they rotate properly on the iPads and Android Tablets.

Some apps that don’t take full advantage of a properly coded iPhone and Android Tablet, at least are able to take advantage of the feature introduced in the latest iPadOS that allows an iPhone app to rotate to a usable app in Landscape (see the Amcrest app example I posted in the Landscape View For Tablets wishlist thread.

I’d like to see these three things happen with this Bug Report:

1. WYZE acknowledges that this BUG will be resolved in the next version of the Wyze App
  2. WYZE will do what it takes to make the current Wyze App rotate to show the phone version of the app rotated properly to be usable on a iPad in Landscape Mode UNTIL they have created a fully native iPad compliant app that is fully usable in Landscape Mode.
  3. WYZE doesn’t take another FOUR Years at getting this done.

I am sure there is other feedback on this issue, that I hope others will share with us.

Respectfully,
SJ

17 Likes