Fix-It Friday 4/1/22

Happy Friday, Forum Friends!

It’s time for this month’s Fix-It Friday callout!

If this is your first Fix-It Friday, welcome! For background, while our communities are not designed to be a replacement for Wyze Support , our community members and community managers do our best to help you out here. As our communities scale up, we want to make sure that any outstanding bugs or issues that you folks are facing are on our internal radar and that we’re transparent in our process of working on them.

Here’s how this works:

• We’ll make a post on the first Friday of the month in every community (Core Community on Facebook, Forums, Reddit, and Discord).

• Check the comments. If you see any other comments with issues that you’re facing, vote for them with a like.

• Got something new? Reply to our post with the top issue that you’re facing this week with your Wyze products to help loop us in.

• We’ll grab the top comment from each community and make a follow-up post on Monday to detail what those issues are and how we plan to fix them. If we need more info from the community to help figure out what’s going on, we’ll let you know on Monday - so please make sure to take a look!

• The following Mondays in the month, we’ll be posting updates about our progress on Fix-It Friday submissions.

• Remember, this is for existing things that aren’t working right. If you are looking for a new feature or for us to add functionality that’s not already available, please use our Wishlist instead!

We’re constantly working on improvements for everyone. But we hope that this process will both help us prioritize issues that are important to our communities and help you feel more in the loop.

Got a request for something new or an additional feature? Check our Roadmap to see if it’s in the works or check out our Wishlist for new requests.

If you want to see how this works, you can check this previous Fix-It Friday post:

Thank you for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Happy Friday!

When using the V2 Motion Sensor, Wyze Sense Hub, and routines with Alexa.

The IF clear for X time does execute a trigger.

For example these routines never trigger

8 Likes

HMS issue with Tune Settings. Reported last time with Log

Unable to change the Tune Setting in HMS.

Go to Monitoring>Tune Settings, Select a Contact Sensor and change the Setting from off to on. The Toggle works, the setting does not stick.

5 Likes

I have been asking and asking and getting nothing @UserCustomerGwen… help!!!

Please read the beginning of the thread and avoid my snarky comments.

When opening an Event Notification, the event video opens and plays, but the playback button is greyed out and will not allow launching to the SD Card video.

In order to get to the SD video from an event, I have to open the event from the events tab.

We should be able to get to our SD card playback from an event notification.

12 Likes

Please fix the missing “Back” function when viewing a Camera Group in landscape mode.

Note that is not a request (again) for Landscape support, Just a fix for that ONE issue, so we can happily keep the device in landscape mode all the time and leave a camera group to go to another one.

Thanks

6 Likes

Please also fix the recurring issue of Cam v3 showing offline even if they are not, perfectly accessible and viewable, but show offline in the main menu/camera group, preventing us to trigger a reboot or update as it think it is offline. Only solution so far is hard reboot(power off and on).

Thanks

7 Likes

Person detection under CamPlus Lite is not a trigger action for rules but should be.

6 Likes

For the love of God, let me use my iPad Pro 12.9" in Landscape Mode before I die.

SJ

3 Likes

Web Outdoor Cams live video can not be viewed when WCO’s are placed in a group.

SJ

2 Likes

I have Cam Plus on my DoorBell Pro to be clear. So I detect People, Packages, Pets, Vehicles. And I want Friendly Face detection to come back. Doorbell (v1) has Friendly Face Detection. So do the V3 Cameras (with Cam Plus). All my V3’s are detecting Friendly Faces. I look forward to setting Rules based on the known Faces.

I’m an advanced user of the ecosystem… switches, motion, rules, thermostat, home security, lock, several cameras.

When filtering Events, I can select “Clear All” to remove all checkboxes of the currently selected cameras:

But, when I want to “Select All” I’m left having to go through my list of groups and then my doorbell (and any other cams not part of a group, and add them back in one checkbox at a time. When you have on or two cameras or groups, no big deal, when you have more than a screenful of cams/groups this is annoying.

Perhaps add a means to ‘revert’ to previous selections? Or better yet, let me choose my ‘favorite’ cameras and select all favorites with one tap…?

Perhaps both options?

SJ

1 Like

I would like to suggest the problem raised by myself and a couple of others regarding V3 cams with SD Cards greater than 128 Gig recording in HD not using the full capacity of the SD Card. This causes the oldest recordings to be overwritten one day at a time, similar to the way recordings are overwritten on smaller capacity cards when they start to fill up. The problem has been raised here https://forums.wyze.com/t/update-to-the-sd-card-recording-thread/223182/41

3 Likes

Please honor the “Don’t ask me again” checkbox for the firmware upgrade prompt.
This occurs repeatedly with the iOS app for each camera.

1 Like

You need to give me complete access to my video on my camera, stored on my SD card.

You sold me a camera, so I could create video footage, and then you lock me out of the video other than a clunky method of recording and downloading segments of my video or climbing a ladder to remove the card.

This is just holding your customer’s videos hostage, so you can milk them for some $$$

I am a new owner of Wyze 3 cams and was just stunned to learn of this ridiculous restriction.

The whole purpose of the camera is to create video footage, and without complete access to that footage, it makes the whole process a scam.

2 Likes

I can access the videos on my SD card without issue, can I ask what you’re seeing when you try to access your SD recordings?

I can view the video and I can record a segment and share it over my network to my computer.

I want to be able to access the complete SD card video so I can use it on my computer, not just segments.

1 Like

I’ve never seen “pet detection” wyrk. And, the filter for it has never resulted in any videos either.

I actually want to be able to filter for a pet WITHOUT a person.

With the number of people who go on “Nextdoor” to report a lost pet, I wish this would wyrk. This could be a “wyn wyn”.

I also want “duck detection” with an accompanying Alexa announcement. My dux come visit me once per day, but unless I’m sitting in my front room, I don’t know that they need some “scratch”.

2 Likes