Introducing Wyze Video Doorbell - 9/22/20

are you talking about WCO? as in Wyze Cam Outdoor? it was known in the forums that the base station supports 4 cameras from launch day…

1 Like

Just pre-ordered. Better than the ps5 pre-order! Quick question:
Will there be any mounting brackets to angle it?
My doorbell faces a wall and would like to see the sidewalk.

1 Like

Did you consider the homes that have roads out front of their doors? I have the same issue with the V2, it triggers constantly as cars drive by. The only thing that makes the V2 usable is the person detection. Unfortunately person detection is a paid service for new users.

1 Like

yes, flat and angled will be available:

Screw the doorbell to walls with

Wedge (aka corner kit): Tilt the angle of view 30 degrees horizontally.

Wall Plate - It would fix the doorbell flat on the wall

1 Like

I was excited about it until I saw no support for micro sd card :slightly_frowning_face:

13 Likes

In the AMA the guys had said the starter kit cam would only work with the packaged base
but to work with up to 4 cams initially, perhaps more.
Yeah, they clarified afterwards in the forums about the bases not singly mapped to the starter cam.

Is the wedge available yet? if so where?

I am pumped! Just ordered mine.

1 Like

comes with it

main:

details:

1 Like

Did I miss seeing the part in the video on how to secure this from physical pilfering?

hopes and prayers…

2 Likes

Don’t want to use this ugly thing, but might have to.

https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Zinc-Plated-Square-U-Bolt/dp/B01N0X93QC/

1 Like

Does the door bell integrate with Amazon Echo Show devices? When someone rings the door bell, will it show a live feed of who is at the door on the Show?

2 Likes

I sure hope so, that would be great…are there any beta testers that have tried this? @Ken.S? sorry to throw you under the bus, but you have had great information on this device already :grin:

2 Likes

When we built our house, we had the electricians install a chime on each floor so we could hear the doorbell when downstairs. The Wyze Video Doorbell bypasses the chimes and requires an electronic chime and only includes one? Hard pass.

4 Likes

You can also use any Google Assistant or Alexa enabled speaker/device as well. It’s not solely limited to the Wyze chime device. I have 6 Googles and 1 Alexa around my house and will have the doorbell go off on all of them. That’s even better IMO. Though if you don’t have smart speakers and don’t want any, then it’s true, might not be for you…but then you’d have the same problem with most any other video doorbells too.

3 Likes

You’ll be able to buy more chimes after. Assuming that since the whole sucker $30, the extra chimes should be pretty cheap to pickup.

2 Likes

I just got off work and saw this email!! Super excited for the Video Doorbell! I love the price! That’s crazy that ring is almost $200 and this Wyze doorbell is $29!!!

Not too worried about the 2021 shipping date. (I don’t need one right now)

I’m not entirely sure if I’ll be able to get this wired doorbell because I don’t currently have one so I’ll have to check. I may have to wait for a battery powered one…

Great job Wyze on making super affordable products!!

1 Like

Except I read that you can only pair one chime to one doorbell, and have to use rules to make a second chime sound. Which could work, but it’s not native support and introduces failure points.

Also, I already have two perfectly good chimes. Ring Doorbell would work with my existing chimes. I cannot understand why Wyze decided they had to be bypassed.

It’s fine though, the Wyze Doorbell might be a great option for many, just not for me. It’s still a hard pass.

3 Likes

How long from the time someone presses the doorbell, before we can answer and talk? How long is the cool-down between event/notifications to cloud/app notification? Moderator/Support/Engineering?

3 Likes