How to turn on Cam Plus Lite

It might be quicker to get the updated app from a mirror site instead of waiting on the app store. Check out this post from @carverofchoice. I have grown to trust his advice.

1 Like

Seems I can’t add a cam to CLP from my Android phone or the website. I need to re-read the suggestions here but it seems to be a viscous cycle of dead ends. All of my cams are CLP except for one. I can’t find a way to manage this one cam and make it CLP. Frustrating.

1 Like

There have posts here and elsewhere about this trouble. It appears that the best success I have found is to use Android chrome to hit the website, logging into the website under your account, and adding a CPL license for $0 or more. Then going to the app and assigning that cam to the CPL.

If the license isn’t there or the cam is assigned to a license elsewhere, it won’t work.

See this:

Appreciate the help. I tried adding a CPL for $0 but couldn’t since it said I already have a license which I do. I was in the Beta program but have left it now and am uninstalling the app and will reinstall and see what happens. The cam isn’t assigned to a license.

Update… I thought I left the Beta program but when I reinstalled the app from the Google Play Store, it looks like the app is still the Beta version. It appears my devices are no longer installed in the Beta program however.

I tried several ways to get my one camera onto CLP with the other devices but again, no luck. Finally I figured I would just take a chance and unsubscribe to CLP and re subscribe. Fortunately this worked and I was able to add devices to CLP from a list of available devices. The only one I couldn’t add was my pan/zoom. Not sure why but if I feel daring I will try the unsubscribe - re subscribe method another time.

Ooof! What a process! I know you aren’t the only one having issues assigning a cam to CPL or dealing with the CPL license acquisition snags…and I have no additional suggestions. It wasn’t easy when I did it either, but I have CP on all mine, so pulling them off CP and moving them over to CPL may have unique characteristics that ppl without CP don’t experience.

As for the beta app. If you are interested I posted above the APK site where you can get the rollback app version (.111)

Same here, I was holding out hope that the newest app v2.28.2 (111) would fix the issue, but after downloading it last night I still have the same problem. No “Add Camera” button. I even removed 2 of my cameras from CP, but still no Add Camera button available under the list of CPL cameras. BTW, all of the cameras I added in February are still in my CPL list and work as expected, I just can’t add an additional camera to the CPL.

Did you go to the web site and add more licenses? That is where I found the biggest headaches. It is very difficult to actually get more licenses. The plus won’t show up unless the app is told by your account that there have been licenses added and the website is having trouble adding them to your account. It’s like the right hand and the left hand are attached to two different bodies.

I’m not having trouble with CP, my issue is with CPL. I have a few cameras with CP, five to be exact and the rest of my cameras have CPL. There’s no way to “add more” CPL licenses. I did unsubscribe and resubscribe and the app gave me a notification to assign my cameras to CPL, but my original list of assigned cameras was there, and still no “Add Camera” button. I also restarted my phone still no “Add Camera” button

I am in the same boat. I have 12 CP cams on Unlimited CP licenses. I removed a cam from CP to test CPL but couldn’t get the plus sign in the CPL to appear to put that open cam on CPL.

It took me SEVERAL attempts to ‘buy’ a license to CPL on the website. The app will NOT work to ‘buy’ a $0 license. Here is how I made it work from my post above

Keys… When you enter your $0, click somewhere off the entry line to get the popup and save button.
If you don’t see the “YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY EDITED YOUR PLAN” banner…you have not got the CPL license.

Yes, I did that. I saw the confirmation on the website, I got a notification on the app to add cameras to CPL and an email subject “Let’s get you set up for Cam Plus Lite” the email body gave details on how to set up CPL. I think there is a bug with the app, I was able to help my neighbor set up CPL earlier today and everything worked great on his phone. I do have a backup phone and I plan to try on it this weekend.

You have a beta badge. Is your app beta? And your neighbor not? Mine is not.

No, I currently have the standard app. I did do some beta testing on the Legacy Person detect a while back.

I’m out of questions… And answers. Punt. :football:

This rollout has been crazy. If I find something on the other threads, I’ll post back.

Thanks, I’m in no rush, this is just an annoyance. My important cameras use CP and my CPL cameras are backup to my backup. All of my cameras have SD cards continuously recording.

Wow, I guess I got lucky.

I finally got the “Add Camera” button to appear in the app, I assigned one of my CPL cameras to a free CP trial, then the “Add Camera” button appeared. Now I’m wondering if there is a limit to the number of CPL cameras, I have 8, or it’s just a bug. :thinking:

There have been other posts stating it limits them to 20 CPL licenses, Jimmy confirmed it shouldn’t be limited.

For some reason you have only enough CPL licenses to hold the cams that were on there. Once you freed one up, the plus popped.

They need to list out on that CPL list the number of unassigned licenses like they do on the CP list on the left. It is just crazy the two are different UI.

When it happened to me, I went back to the web and kept adding free CPL licenses. I think I got like 10 confirmations.

I’m trying to subscribe using PayPal, but it keeps erroring out. I know my PayPal account is fine because I used it over the weekend for another purchase. Something glitchy? :man_shrugging:

That’s a new one I haven’t seen in here yet. I have my CC on my account and only use the website.