How to Turn Off Notifications on Devices Shared to Me

I can’t seem to find how to turn on/off notifications on devices (Wyze Cam v2) shared to me. I have my own devices which I can control the push notifications but there is no option for shared devices. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @dto

Unfortunately, on a shared device, you cannot turn off Notifications. The owner has that control. The only thing you can do is tap on the Bell on the top tight of the Home Tab to silence all notifications - this will include yours as well.

I am sure someone else will respond if there is an alternate method,

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Hopefully there’s another alternative. I hope Wyze can allow for this in the future if it’s not available currently.

1 Like

I believe that has been requested, you can search the Wish List area to see.

1 Like

Really needs to me a way to turn off notifications as a shared camera user.

1 Like

You can set the notification tone in the phones sounds for the Wyze App to silent (or a silent audio file)

Works on a Pixel 6 Android, not sure if Apple is capable.

You still will get notifications but no sound.

It’s been over a year since this request came in and is sorely needed. Anyone at Wyze looking at this? I consider this a major design flaw.

5 Likes

That is one item keeping me from switching some of my cameras from Ring. I monitor my parents house and if I install Wyze I have to hear all the notifications. One camera I want notifications, but not the others.

1 Like

BTW, for anyone waiting for a Wyze solution to this, if you have an Android phone, one workaround while you wait is to use an app that control notifications, like Buzzkill or Macrodroid. For either of those apps, you can set them up to watch Wyze notifications and if they contain words in that notification, then you can have it mute and dismiss the notification without you even knowing it ever came in. So if you don’t care about your family member’s “Pet notification” every time their cat walks on the porch (or whatever notifications it may be that you don’t care about), you can tell it to watch for a notification with that camera name and the word “pet” and to mute and dismiss it automatically and now you’ll never get any of those notifications, but you can still get the other ones you do care about, like maybe when a person is detected during certain hours of the day, etc (yes, you can even schedule it to do different things during different times of day, etc). I actually do this all the time for myself with different cams. You can even totally mute ALL the notifications if you want to, or just during certain times of day. Apps like those give you a lot of control over this issue while you wait for Wyze to allow you to change it yourself in the Wyze app. You can make it work however you want.

Sorry iOS users, I don’t know of any options like those for you at the moment, but some might exist.

1 Like

Just thought I should add that my Blink cameras I have in my other house I can arm and disarm each camera individually. I’ve had these for years. Wyze is way behind in the flexibility of notifications in this area. Does anyone from Wyze monitor this forum?

1 Like

Wyze this is needed. Please allow disabling notifications for a camera that’s been shared with you.

1 Like

This feature request has been on the Wyze Wishlist since October 2018 with 1167 Votes and 825 posts. Its status is currently “In Progress, Researching”.

Follow the link, add your vote at the very top of the thread, drop likes :heart: around on great posts in the thread, and add your post in reply at the bottom.

This post specifically requests the ability to disable notifications for shared cams:

2 Likes

You can do this with Wyze too, both arming the camera to record or notify. You can do it with your own shortcuts (when you “Arm/Disarm” the camera with a shortcut button), or only during certain hours, or you can set it up to do this when you are away from home (arm it with recording and notifying you only when you leave home) and turn off automatically when you return home. In fact I have already been doing it with Wyze for a while. I have specific cameras that have notifications turn on notifications when I leave home and turn off when I return home, and some that only do it at night while I’m sleeping. All of that is already possible and free if you are the owner of the camera.

What this thread is talking about, is having separate options for someone it is shared to. Right now, when we share the camera with someone else (spouse, roommate, family member), they aren’t the owner, so they can’t choose to change the settings. But this may be accommodated for at some point maybe this year if we’re lucky, but as far as primary users are concerned, Wyze already allows all that flexibility of notifications (arm and disarm cameras individually, when to record or notify, etc) as I’ve been able to do all that for a while. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

2 Likes

This was very helpful! I ended up using Buzzkill. I have a shared Wyze cam for our HOA pool area and needed something to turn off the notifications from that particular camera. Really wish Wyze would have this feature though.

1 Like

FilterBox Notification Manager is also helpful to filter notifications.

1 Like

Thanks for the FilterBox App mention. I’m taking it for a 30 day test drive now. I Really like the Rules setup UI and all the options for customizing incoming Wyze Notifications. I currently use MacroDroid to customize the sound for incoming notifications from different Wyze Devices and AI tag types. I see that FilterBox also has the same ability plus added features for delays and schedules. :+1:

1 Like

I guess 5 years later, the ability to turn off notifications of a shared device still isn;t available ! Obviously, Wyze has no interest in providing this feature to their customers even after all those requests !! That says a lot about the company !!!

2 Likes

Has this bug been fixed? I can’t find a way to turn off shared notifications. This was last posted in 2021, so I’m hoping they have fixed the problem.

1 Like

Nope. Still a major design flaw IMO. Also, the workarounds that have been mentioned here only work on android phones. I have not found an app on the iOS platform to mitigate this ridiculous oversight.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum patrick2! :raising_hand_man:

This isn’t a bug, it is a new feature request for functionality that has never been included to be added to the App.

The Wishlist topic for this new feature request was created in 2018. It is asking for multiple types of individualized settings for users of shared cams and devices and those who share them.

To support the request for the introduction of this feature, follow the link to the Wishlist topic, vote at the top, like :heart: some posts, and add your reply post to the topic.

1 Like