Fix-It Friday - 12/1/2023

Hey, everybody! :grinning:

We have a new batch of submissions to go through! Thank you to everyone who participated in the voting. Here’s what we have for you this month:

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings. We are looking into this along with some other stuttering issues that have been reported. Could we get logs and screen recordings from anyone experiencing this issue? :cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro:

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:no_entry_sign: Discord - Cameras showing " device offline" or not loading in group view :no_entry_sign:

We are investigating the grouping issues. Could you please send us some logs for the cameras that show “device offline” when you enter the group view?

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro We are still gathering info on this one. If you are experiencing this issue, could you help us out by sending in a log? In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks. :vertical_traffic_light:

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected We are asking the engineers about this and will let you know if we need to gather more info from you. Thanks for your patience. :doorbell_v2:

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:man_beard: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :man_beard:

We believe it is now working as intended on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Video Doorbell v2 and are still working through the other cameras one by one to fix any other camera-specific issues. You can help us out by submitting a log when you have a Facial Recognition issue and posting the log number here so I can get it to the team.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button Is anyone still affected by this? We’re still looking for more info! Is there any chance that affected people are using Spanish for the phone system language? We saw a similar report on the Android app and are trying to see if this is a similar issue. So far, we haven’t been able to reproduce this in the office. Please send in a log if you’re affected by this problem! Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks. :floppy_disk:

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

If this is still affecting you, could you send us some more logs. Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:disappointed: Reddit - Unable to stream cameras in Google Home :disappointed:

The Google Home app not viewing live streams is a bug on the Google Home app and they’re working on it now. For Google Nest devices not viewing streams, please try re-pairing the connection between Wyze and Google Home. If that doesn’t work, please let us know by contacting support and opening a ticket as we will need to get your account info to troubleshoot further. After opening the support ticket, please post the ticket number here.

:clock4: Discord - Camera time and notification time do not match :clock430:

This can currently be resolved manually by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back. But we’ve heard that this needs to be done each time some of you go into different time zones. We’re trying to put in a more permanent fix and could use your assistance! If this happens to you again after doing this workaround, please submit logs and, if possible, please list this info in the details: phone time, camera local time, and notification time. We’ll have the developers take a look! Here are the log instructions:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

:angry: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :angry:

Thank you for your patience! We are still working on this along with the newly reported stuttering issue above and still would like some screen recordings to help us.

:no_entry: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :no_entry:

We’re still looking into this and could use the MAC address to check logs! Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We have run into a slight delay but are still looking to start a beta for this in the coming weeks. We’ll keep you posted!

:flashlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :flashlight:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thank you for reading! Have a great weekend.

5 Likes