Fix-It Friday - 12/1/2023

I didn’t get home in time today to test this in daylight but it is something I wanted to do. Perhaps you might also to try and pin down the issue and maybe point Wyze in the right direction.

It sounds like the VDBv1 is detecting Person, Vehicle, and Pet; but when it comes to Package, it isn’t detecting packages when they are the only object… AND when there is a Person and a Package, it is causing it to ignore the Person.

Is that somewhat correct?

That would be interesting, and fairly easy to test it would seem…

But who else better to test these kind of things than the company that has access to every single item they make…
Can’t they test these things?
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, everybody! :grinning:

We have a new batch of submissions to go through! Thank you to everyone who participated in the voting. Here’s what we have for you this month:

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings. We are looking into this along with some other stuttering issues that have been reported. Could we get logs and screen recordings from anyone experiencing this issue? :cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro:

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:no_entry_sign: Discord - Cameras showing " device offline" or not loading in group view :no_entry_sign:

We are investigating the grouping issues. Could you please send us some logs for the cameras that show “device offline” when you enter the group view?

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro We are still gathering info on this one. If you are experiencing this issue, could you help us out by sending in a log? In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks. :vertical_traffic_light:

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected We are asking the engineers about this and will let you know if we need to gather more info from you. Thanks for your patience. :doorbell_v2:

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:man_beard: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :man_beard:

We believe it is now working as intended on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Video Doorbell v2 and are still working through the other cameras one by one to fix any other camera-specific issues. You can help us out by submitting a log when you have a Facial Recognition issue and posting the log number here so I can get it to the team.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button Is anyone still affected by this? We’re still looking for more info! Is there any chance that affected people are using Spanish for the phone system language? We saw a similar report on the Android app and are trying to see if this is a similar issue. So far, we haven’t been able to reproduce this in the office. Please send in a log if you’re affected by this problem! Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks. :floppy_disk:

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

If this is still affecting you, could you send us some more logs. Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:disappointed: Reddit - Unable to stream cameras in Google Home :disappointed:

The Google Home app not viewing live streams is a bug on the Google Home app and they’re working on it now. For Google Nest devices not viewing streams, please try re-pairing the connection between Wyze and Google Home. If that doesn’t work, please let us know by contacting support and opening a ticket as we will need to get your account info to troubleshoot further. After opening the support ticket, please post the ticket number here.

:clock4: Discord - Camera time and notification time do not match :clock430:

This can currently be resolved manually by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back. But we’ve heard that this needs to be done each time some of you go into different time zones. We’re trying to put in a more permanent fix and could use your assistance! If this happens to you again after doing this workaround, please submit logs and, if possible, please list this info in the details: phone time, camera local time, and notification time. We’ll have the developers take a look! Here are the log instructions:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

:angry: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :angry:

Thank you for your patience! We are still working on this along with the newly reported stuttering issue above and still would like some screen recordings to help us.

:no_entry: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :no_entry:

We’re still looking into this and could use the MAC address to check logs! Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We have run into a slight delay but are still looking to start a beta for this in the coming weeks. We’ll keep you posted!

:flashlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :flashlight:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thank you for reading! Have a great weekend.

5 Likes

Hi, everyone! :grinning:

We have a bunch of people out on leave for family time and holiday observation. We don’t expect a lot of progress on these for a couple of weeks, but we’ll keep you in the know! Here’s our Fix-It Friday follow-up:

:cam_pan_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3_pro: :cam_pan_v3:

We are still looking into this along with some other stuttering issues that have been reported. Could we get logs and screen recordings from anyone experiencing this issue?

:no_entry_sign: Discord - Cameras showing “device offline” or not loading in group view :no_entry_sign:

We are currently investigating this issue. Do you have cameras that show “device offline” when you enter the group view? If so, please submit a log. Here is the process:

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro :vertical_traffic_light:

We are still working on this one. Unfortunately, it will not make it into the next firmware release. We could still use some more info. If you are experiencing this issue, could you please help us out by sending in a log? In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected :doorbell_v2:

The engineers are looking into this and will let you know if we need to gather more info from you. Thanks for your patience.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button :floppy_disk:

Is anyone still affected by this? If we don’t hear anything new we will remove this at the end of the month. Please send in a log if you’re still affected by this problem! Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:man_beard: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :man_beard:

We believe it is now working as intended on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Video Doorbell v2. We are still working through the other cameras one by one to fix any other camera-specific issues. You can help us out by submitting a log when you have a Facial Recognition issue and posting the log number here so I can get it to the team.

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

If this is still affecting you, could you send us some more logs? Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

The Google Home app not viewing live streams is a bug on the Google Home app and they’re working on it now. For Google Nest devices not viewing streams, please try re-pairing the connection between Wyze and Google Home. If that doesn’t work, please let us know by contacting support and opening a ticket as we will need to get your account info to troubleshoot further. After opening the support ticket, please post the ticket number here.

If this is still affecting you, please let us know and submit a log. We will remove it at the end of the month if we do not hear anything. However, we will continue looking for a more permanent fix. You can manually resolve it currently by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back.

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

Thank you for your patience! We are still working on this along with the newly reported stuttering issue above and still would like some screen recordings to help us.

:no_entry: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :no_entry:

We could still use some more help with this one! Can we get the MAC address to check logs? Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

We are waiting for confirmation on the new timeline for the beta. We’ll keep you posted!

:flashlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :flashlight:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thank you for reading! Have a great weekend.

3 Likes

Happy Holidays to WyZe team!!

1 Like

And to you!

1 Like

Cam Pan v3 SD card access/playback issues

The following Cam Pan v3 SD card access/playback issues have existed for several months. Although these examples are from a mix of production and beta app and firmware versions, the reported issues are and have been the same regardless of versions.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

Problem Description: Playback icon on Cam Pan v3 event page (Android) is inoperable.

App versions tested: 2.47.0.373 and 2.48.0.379 (Android)
Cam Pan v3 firmware version tested: 4.50.4.7379 and 4.50.4.7796

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Wyze app
  2. Tap Events tab icon
  3. Select a Cam Pan v3 event (general motion or AI type)
  4. Note text “Playback” under playback icon is grayed out
  5. Tap Playback icon during event stream
  6. No action results and no error message is displayed
  7. Select same Cam Pan v3 event (general motion or AI type)
  8. Note text “Playback” under playback icon is grayed out
  9. Tap Playback icon after event stream ends
  10. No action results and no error message is displayed

Verify event is properly recorded to SD and appropriately tagged:

1. Start live stream for same Cam Pan v3 as event
  2. Tap SD Card icon with phone in portrait orientation
  3. Swipe up to scroll down and locate event on SD
  4. Note motion or AI type icon on timeline
  5. Verify event footage on SD properly plays

Log ID: 1266216

Problem Description: Tapping playback icon on Cam Pan v3 event page (iOS) results in “MicroSD Card Not Found”. This is the same issue as listed above under Android, but manifests differently as the Playback icon is not disabled.

App version tested: 2.48.0.6 (iOS/iPhone)
Cam Pan v3 firmware version tested: 4.50.4.7379 and 4.50.4.7796

1. Steps to reproduce:
  2. Start Wyze app
  3. Tap Events tab icon
  4. Select a Cam Pan v3 event (general motion or AI type)
  5. Tap Playback icon during event stream
  6. Note spinning wheel/loading status
  7. “MicroSD Card Not Found” message is displayed
  8. Select same Cam Pan v3 event (general motion or AI type)
  9. Tap Playback icon after event stream ends
  10. Note spinning wheel/loading status
  11. “MicroSD Card Not Found” message is displayed

Verify event is properly recorded to SD and appropriately tagged:

1. Start live stream for same Cam Pan v3 as event
  2. Tap SD Card icon with iPhone in portrait orientation
  3. Swipe up to scroll down and locate event on SD
  4. Note motion or AI type icon on timeline
  5. Verify event footage on SD properly plays

Log ID: 1265946

Update: Resolved as of June 20, 2024

3 Likes

Hello, everyone! :grinning:

We still have some people out on leave for family time and holiday observation. The Wyze office will also be closed for business the next two Mondays. We don’t expect a lot of progress on these for a few more weeks, but we want to keep you updated! Here’s our Fix-It Friday follow-up:

:cam_pan_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings. :cam_v3_pro: :cam_pan_v3:

We are looking into this one but could still use some more logs and screen recordings to help us. Here is the process:

:no_entry_sign: Discord - Cameras showing “device offline” or not loading in group view :no_entry_sign:

Are you one of the ones affected by this? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please send in a log and let us know the log number.

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro :vertical_traffic_light:

I know I have asked this already a few times in this post, but we love logs, they really help us. We are working on the solution for this and yes, we could still use some more logs.

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected :doorbell_v2:

The engineers are looking into this and will let you know if we need to gather more info from you. Thanks for your patience.

We are still seeking more assistance with this one! Can we get the MAC address to check logs?

Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

We released a beta yesterday that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience, but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button :floppy_disk:

I have seen in the communities that this is still affecting some of you. We need some logs for this one as we have had trouble reproducing it.

We believe it is now working as intended on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Video Doorbell v2. We are still working through the other cameras one by one to fix any other camera-specific issues. You can help us out by submitting a log when you have a Facial Recognition issue and posting the log number here so I can get it to the team.

We would love to hear from you if this is still affecting you. Could you send us some more logs? Here’s the info for how to send them in:

If this is still affecting you, please let us know and submit a log. We will remove it at the end of the month if we do not hear anything. However, we will continue looking for a more permanent fix. You can manually resolve it currently by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back.

Thank you for reading! Have a great holiday weekend.

1 Like

Okay, so basically the Pan V3 disconnection issue is never going to be fixed and you’ll just keep saying you need more logs? Considering the amount I’ve supplied just by myself, and that I know others have, it seems highly unlikely that even 10 unique sets of logs would not be sufficient to determine the problem. At what point can I get a refund because the cameras I bought from you simply do not work? I don’t want them anymore.

We appreciate the logs you and others have provided but we have had resource constraints that have made it hard to resolve this issue. We still intend to fix this issue, which is why it is still on the list.

To see about a refund you would need to contact Support as I do not have visibility into that area.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us

I also have been having the same issue and have submitted logs. I have a CamPan V3 that I didn’t upgrade the firmware on that is not having the connection issue. Firmware version 4.50.3.4240 seems to not have the connection issue. 4.50.4.7252 does have the issue. I also have a Doorbell V2 that goes offline the same time as the CamPan V3 and also won’t reconnect, I fortunately downloaded firmware 4.50.3.4240 so I might roll mine back so I don’t have to keep resetting it.

Can the firmware be rolled back? That would be great.

Additionally, I understand dealing with resource constraints, but that basically means it’s not a high enough priority (and should certainly be a higher priority than “thumbnails not new enough”). Your newest and relatively top-end pan cam has an issue that makes it literally unusable, and you have tons of people complaining and I’m sure you’re aware that every one complaint here probably represents hundreds of real users that don’t know or aren’t willing to post here. At this point it seems kind of shady that you’re even still selling them without a fix or disclaimer.

1 Like

Hello, everyone! :grinning:

We still have a few people out on leave for the new year. The Wyze office will also be closed for business this coming Monday. We don’t expect a lot of progress on these for another week or so, but we want to keep you updated! Also, don’t forget next week is a new month and a new year, which means a new callout! Get your issues ready. Here’s our Fix-It Friday follow-up:

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro:

We are looking for more logs and screen recordings to help us with this one. Here is the process:

Are you one of the ones still affected by this? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please send in a log and let us know the log number.

Our engineers are looking into the logs we have so far. If you have not sent us one yet, please do! In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

The team is looking into this and will let you know if we need to gather more info from you. Thanks for your patience.

We have had some resource constraints that have affected getting this one resolved. It is still a priority for us! If you have sent in a MAC address for us to look at, thank you. If you haven’t and this is affecting you, can we please get the MAC address to check logs? Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

We released a beta last week that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience, but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

We have been able to reproduce this and are looking into the cause. We will let you know when we have more information.

Please let us know if this is still affecting you. If it is, please send us some more logs. Here’s the info for how to send them in:

If this is still affecting you, please let us know and submit a log. We will remove it after next week if we do not hear anything. However, we will continue looking for a more permanent fix. You can manually resolve it currently by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back.

Thank you for reading! Have a great New Year’s weekend! :tada: Remember, next week is the callout for new issues.

1 Like

This is fixed now. :+1:

Happy New Year! :fireworks:

3 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone!

We have a callout for new issues today, so make sure to let us know what you are experiencing. We should start seeing movement on these issues soon with the holidays over, but here is an update to let you know where we are at with them. Here’s our Fix-It Friday follow-up:

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3_pro: :cam_v3:

We could use some more logs and screen recordings to help us with this one. Here is the process:

We are looking for some more help with this one and could use some more logs. Please send us one and let us know the log number.

The engineers are looking into this. If you have not sent us a log yet, please do!

We are still looking into this and will let you know if we need to gather more info from you. Thanks for your patience.

We are currently looking into the logs and MAC addresses we were given, but it never hurts to have more. If you haven’t sent one in and this is affecting you, can we please get the MAC address to check logs?

Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

We released a beta that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience, but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

We are still looking into the root cause of this issue. We will let you know when we have more information.

We believe it is now working as intended on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Video Doorbell v2. We are working on revamping things to create a better experience and will have more info later.

Please send us some logs if this is still affecting you. Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Thank you for your patience with this! Could you get us some more screen recordings to help us?

Thank you for reading! Remember we have a callout for new issues today. Please post and vote for any issues that are frustrating you.

Link to the January Callout.

1 Like