Expand Cam Plus Lite compatibility to more cameras

Please add cam v3 pro to cam plus lite so I can see 12sec video recordings under events and not just a still image :frowning: this has less features than a V3 currently.

[Mod Edit] Cam Plus Lite is supported only on Non-Doorbell cameras released before 2/1/2021. Reference:

Supported Devices:

• Wyze Cam v1
  • Wyze Cam v2
  • Wyze Cam v3
  • Wyze Cam Pan v1
  • Wyze Cam Pan v2
  • Wyze Cam Outdoor v1

This wishlist topic seeks to expand eligibility to additional cam types.

In the meantime, when I had mine setup without cam plus, I was still able to open a notification and then click on the the Playback for the SD card and view the full recordings. So hopefully that helps while you wait for Wyze to consider this.

4 Likes

+1 for this. It’s a bit ridiculous to see it’s not supported and we’re being forced to pay for a service to get all the features that were advertised. And nowhere on the product page does it say paid service is a requirement.

2 Likes

About 7 FAQs down, it is stated the Pro will not work with Cam Plus Lite. I was going to buy some until I read that.

4 Likes

Yeah, but it really should mention that on the product page.

3 Likes

Same here… I installed my first V3 camera about a month ago and now I noticed it only records still images with the events and it’s not listed under the Cam Plus Lite list of available cameras. I have dozens of cameras and don’t need all of them on Cam Plus but the Cam Plus Lite is just what I need for most. THIS SUCKS !!!

2 Likes

Add Cam3Pro to CamLite subscription

Add support to CamPlusLite for the newest outdoor CamV3Pro.

Currently the new camera will not record 12 second events without a paid subscription. I can only record one thumbnail image every 5 minutes

2 Likes

I’m not buying anymore into the Wyze eco system until Cam Plus Lite is available to all newly released cameras. I’m better off looking and investing elsewhere if Wyze continues to push the $2 per camera per month to get a basic use to view a clip.

3 Likes

Pan Cam V3 - Cam Plus Lite

would like to have Cam Plus Lite for Pan Cam V3… without it or paid Cam Plus, the camera is pretty worthless

3 Likes

Deceptive marketing

The web pages for the OG Camera shopping do not mention that Cam Plus Lite is not supported. I bought three of the OG cameras to complement the wireless outdoor camera I already have and was very dissapointed to find out from customer support that Cam Plus Lite is not supported. Not cool folks. Please add the OG camera to CAM Plus Lite.

3 Likes

same here, I bought 2 of the cam pan v3 and they aren’t supported, so only way to get video is to subscribe … and then it only works about 75% of the time. Tried to insert an sd card and without subscription, that didn’t provide video either.

2 Likes

You actually can watch video if you have a micro SD installed and have events selected to record. You go to the Events screen, click on one of the items and it shows a photo. At the bottom of the screen, you click on Playback.

2 Likes

Tried it – didnt work until i moved a subscription to the camera

1 Like

I didn’t see this thread until it was too late. I bought an OG camera and realized cam plus lite doesn’t work with it. I returned the camera. I was planning on replacing about five Cam V2s with OGs until I realized that.

#cameras #campluslite #services

1 Like

Replacing v2 with v3 cameras would be a step up. V3 cameras still work with CPL.

Near the bottom of this link is a list of cameras that work with CPL.

1 Like

If that’s my only option…. I was hoping to save some money with the OG being a cheaper camera.

1 Like

But the photo doesn’t tell you anything. So I could have a bird fly by and not see it then I would have to manually scroll through each photo event to screen. I just want a 12 second clip like the other cameras

2 Likes

i just added 7 new pan cameras to the ones i already had.
but now i realise that the new cameras dont work with existing service…doesnt make sense
you should be able to buy new products and still have the benefits of your service
please add pan v3 to camplus lite

2 Likes

Cam Plus Lite needs to be included as basic functionality/ features for every wyze camera.

4 Likes

Bought the og cam along with a couple other models to start my wyze home security monitoring system and was very disappointed to find out that the og cam isn’t compatible with cam plus. This makes absolutely no sense to me, why wouldn’t you make all your cameras cam plus compatible? You would think that you would want people to pay for cam plus for every camera they have. So I just don’t understand what company has to gain by not having any of their cameras not compatible with their cam plus service.

1 Like