Dome camera

Is there any consideration for removing the physical tilt limit for when you want the Cam Pan to look all the way up but underneath itself when it is installed on the ceiling (upside down). I want to install this camera on my front porch so I can pan and tilt freely to look/check for whatever random location the delivery service placed a package. My preference is to install the camera upside down on the ceiling but that would mean if I want the camera to look all the way down underneath itself, the whole camera would need to be tilted in an awkward looking way, to achieve this. Perhaps on a v2 version of the CAM Pan or perhaps even the future CAM Pan outdoor could have a ball shape at its top instead of a flat surface to allow the camera to see all the way up (see all the way down when installed upside down). Any possibility for this hardware modification?

@jeff007

What you’re asking for is generally called a dome camera, so I’ve modified the title to reflect this.

Keep in mind that this would be a completely new hardware development for Wyze. There is an outdoor camera currently in development, but we don’t know yet what it will look like. If it turns out not to be a dome, then I wouldn’t get your hopes up for this happening very soon since there are other hardware projects already in the works. This may give you some insight into their plans:

In case you missed it, Wyze did a video Q&A session a while ago. Here’s a link to the video and a timestamp index of the content.

0:40 Outdoor Cam (Dongsheng)
2:15 Wyze Sense – Home Sensors (Mike)
2:52 Beyond Security Products (Mike)
3:30 Become International Company (Yun)
4:25 Simultaneous Streaming (Tao)
5:05 Improvements to Playback, Fast Forward (Tao)
5:50 RTSP (Frederick)
7:10 Google Home/Assistant (Frederick)
7:40 Apple Homekit (Frederick)
8:35 Google Integration Demo (Frederick)

Outdoor/indoor dome camera would be awesome

Dear Wyze,

I am a huge fan of your products, specifically the Wyze cam. You simply cannot get a better camera for anywhere near the price point. And I’m not talking about similar gadgety style cameras I’m talking about real pro surveillance cameras, those cameras cannot compete.

For starters they are still marketed as mega pixel cameras, for real? And 8 mega pixel camera??
Some are marketed as full color, like whoa a full color camera no way.
And some are advertised as 200-400 lines of color. There UI is terrible, to get a speaker and a mic is but a dream.

Wyze on the other hand is jam packed with features but there’s one major point your lacking. Anyone that’s doing a remodel or building a new home doesn’t want these plastic gadgety style plug in cameras with wires hanging all over. They want to hardwire with POE or surveillance wire and drill it right into the house. Basically we want a Dome style or similar camera that looks like a pro style camera but has all the features of Wyze. It’s just the housing and the connection type that would be different.

Any camera that has the above specs would cost over $500-900 each which means someone like me would easily pay $50-$100 per camera with a metal housing and Hardwired POE connection.

Please cater to the people who don’t these webcam looking cameras hanging off there wall, there’s soo many people building and remodeling that this would actually be a huge huge hit.

2 Likes

I would be all over a poe camera system from wyze

Yeah an Ethernet connected or POE camera would be awesome. However, it seems that the industry has been trending away from connected cameras having them for a while. I unfortunately do not see Wyze considering this as it would up their cost considerably and not everyone would use it or need it. I miss my old Ethernet connected cameras as they NEVER had connection problems but I started wanting better quality pictures and video and better night vision. Now I have 2 routers instead of just one.

Dome style Pan/tilt

I’d like to see a pan/tilt in a dome form.
Wyze Dome?

Lots of other cam manufacturers make them. Sorta standard for security cams and would be a clear winner for anyone wanting to mount outdoors.
It would provide better protection from the elements. (My outdoor v1 died from water intrusion… )
With a tinted dome insert it wouldn’t be completely obvious where the cam is pointing.
Could offer wired and a battery base addon that can be charged by solar.
Suggested upgrade would be 5x optical zoom

Or could just make a dome accessory for v3…
It would look weird being so tall, but it would get the job done.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to add your request to and vote for Cam Pan v4 Ideas.