Detection Zone Not Working

@RB2072 -your Use level has been upped-you should now be able to upload images.
Thanks for your Forum participation!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone! Here is a screenshot of the detection zone, as well as the video.

Processing: IMG_9514.mp4ā€¦

Watch the these passenger windows when the truck drives by. The moving reflection takes up the whole window space, which is within your detection zone. I am sure this is what triggered this event and probably other events because this is within your detection zone.

Thanks @tomp ! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Anyone else observe where you set up the grid detection zone, save it, then sometime later you go back in to find it lost the grid settings and is using the entire camera view for detection?

This along with the fact that these cameras repeatedly trigger motion on activity that is outside the configured zone. There is no question about that. It has been observed on multiple cameras, factory reset, after manual reflash of firmware, and working with support on a ticket. The issue remains. The function does not work as it is described by Wyze documentation. Still hoping it can be fixed because it makes the motion detection useless on a windy day.

Thank you!! I believe you are correct. Back to more tweaking.

Dangā€¦I thought I had it solved. Here is an update. Iā€™m getting these motion detections non stopā€¦even though they are outside the ā€œzoneā€.

Here is the zone.

Your cam is triggering on the contrast change of the moving shadow on the sidewalk created by the passing vehicle:

Unfortunately, youā€™re going to have to block out more of the sidewalk to accommodate the moving shadows during the late afternoon/early evening sun:

2 Likes

To help support what @Seapup most masterfully crafted up.

The shadows tripped the detection zone. Any ā€œpixel changeā€, color, lightness, darkness, anything. doesnā€™t have to be actually object motion. If you want where an objects motion trips the detection system, look into PIR detection like the WCO.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try thatā€¦thank you.

A post was split to a new topic: My fix for apple products - detection zone wait wheel spins forever

This is exactly the problem Iā€™m currently having happen and itā€™s so dissatisfying. Help please

1 Like

Same here sighhh

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for the day when I can throw away all my Wyze cameras. they are just crap

2 Likes

What are you experiencing? What does your detection zone look like? What type of camera is that? What are you sensitivity settings?

Today got my first Wyze product, an V2 Cam outdoor starter kit. Canā€™t get detection zones to work no matter what I try. Even indoors, pointing at a wall, no light from windowsā€¦, with only one box ā€œcheckedā€, still alerts on anything anywhere. This will not work for me if I canā€™t get zones to work. Another tread mentioned it might have something to do with a fix last update for iOS. I am using an iPhone 12, current firmware on base and camera, sensitivity settings both at 100%

1 Like

Yes, I have had this happen as well where the detection zone is cleared out without me making any changes.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I purchased 3 of the V3 cameras. Installed just one. During the Free Trial of CamPlus, it was a nightmare. I regretted switching brands and was going to put the old cameras back up. But, we decided to wait and see what happened once the Free Trial was over. Lo and behold, once the trial was over, the camera worked as we wanted it to. We put up the other two 10 days ago and while the first one is still working as expected with detection zone, low false alerts (like bugs or shadows from the wind), the 2 new installs are a nightmare while the we wait out the Free Trial to end on them. It ignores the detection zone. They alert to everything - bugs, wind, car lights, cars passing by etc. We have 4 days left and then we will hopefully have 3 cameras that WE control what we are alerted to (this is based on the first one doing just that after the trial ended). We do not like the AI at all - it alerts to anything at all. I believe that part goes away when the free trial ends. If they donā€™t work as expected then we are not keeping this system. Itā€™s frustrating and we have tweaked the motion and notifications every way we can but its too much and I canā€™t be spending all my time viewing hundreds of notifications looking for something that may be important. Not interested in bugs, flies, spiders, leaves, etc. Worse is that it likes to alert to our cars PARKED in the driveway. Turned off ā€œvehiclesā€ for that. The one camera without the free trial only alert to MOVING vehicles which is what I wanted. Just want to know if someone has come into my driveway. Good luck with yours. I do like the clarity of these cameras though. Just not the UI (using the IOS App for Iphone)

Iā€™m having the same issue! It applies to bushes/trees AND most frustratingly my parked car. We have car break-ins all the time and my ring doorbell video was too blurry to capture anything useful, which is why I switched to Wyze. Unfortunately while the cameras are much better, the app is SO MUCH WORSE!

I have a camera on my drive way and have a specific detection zone only where my car could be parked. After dark, any time a car passes with headlights and a reflection is captured on the side of my car itā€™s recorded so I have a million notifications and yet it didnā€™t capture when someone was standing in my driveway.

The doorbell is the absolute worst in terms of capturing anything useful as well. Additionally because I bought two cam plus licenses on the app and one on the website something is broken and Wyze canā€™t fix it. Iā€™m very close to giving up on this an trashing everything.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue. There is a plant close to the camera which is moving but is not in the detection zone. It keeps triggering motion events. Iā€™ve now limited the detection zone down to a single block which people have to walk through to get to my front door and Iā€™ll see if that helps. Is it possible the camera is adjusting itā€™s aperture after starting to record, based on movement anywhere in the frame, and this is changing brightness of all pixels in the frame, including those in the detection box?

1 Like