My fix for apple products - detection zone wait wheel spins forever

MY FIX FOR APPLE PRODUCTS - DETECTION ZONE WAIT WHEEL SPINS FOREVER

Note I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPad Air 6. When using either, after opening the Detection Zone page and turning on the Detection Zone button, the wait wheel would spin and keep spinning forever. I could not set the detection zone as the Cam v3 video screen did not appear, just the gray blocks. I tried all kinds of online fixes but nothing worked. By accident I found that when on the set screen with Detection Zone turned on, if I made the iPhone or iPad sleep, by pressing and releasing the power button and then about ten seconds later I would wake up the iPhone or iPad, the detection zone screen would open and I could see and set the detection zone and save it. I have three v3 cams and it worked great with all three. I had been getting way too many Cam Plus videos, that were caused by the wind movement of shrubs and plants. Now almost all the motion videos are due to true motion, not caused by wind moving something. Hope this helps you.

12 Likes

I’ll be damned - It works! Well done Bob!!!

3 Likes

Or, if you have a Android Phone available with the Wyze App on it, you can make changes to your detection zones on that device.

iPhone Spinning on the left… Samsung Galaxy Note 8 read to set detection zone on the right.

SJ

Thanks that worked.

An app update was released today that fixes this issue.

Wyze App 2.31, Wyze Cam v3 Firmware, 4.36.9.139, and Wyze Cam v3 Garage Door Controller Firmware 0.10.0.21 Released! 5/18/22

2 Likes