Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

Here’s the ticket: 3076279

Latest log (schedule ghost skipped last night again): 1067312

I hope a replacement can fix it because I love the idea of a smart sprinkler just a bummer it hasn’t been working

If 1.0.1 is working I would recommend staying on that for now until we can find an issue. I have been given the notes for the subsequent releases.

1.0.3 - Fixed a bug impacting physical button functionality
1.0.4 - Emergency water shutoff function (if watering for more than 3 hours, it will stop watering)
1.0.8 - Fixed a bug causing Quick Run and Schedules to stop immediately after starting
1.0.10 - Fixed a bug to not run if Schedule deleted then created immediately

It is possible that in one of these fixes something had side effects that have just snowballed.

2 Likes

mine has been running rather consistently since may 24th. we’ll see if i can get 6 straight runs tonight

No joy on the smart schedule again this morning. I had switched my wifi to only use the 2.4ghz band. I was thinking that the sprinkler controller is just at the edge of the 5ghz range. Uploaded log 1067994. I am on firmware 1.0.10

1 Like

New log 1068163

This time I woke up when it said it was supposed to start (3:58 AM) and watched it skip over the schedule but the Next continued to say 3:58 even after when it was 4:00 already and didn’t go off. I changed the schedule from “end by sunrise” to “start at 4:02” and the schedule worked. I don’t think this is consistent because I tried to change my schedules earlier this week to avoid sunset sunrise and it still failed but I’m hoping this log will show something since the same schedule worked 4 minutes after it skipped without a reason

my skip was similar , said it was going to run for a bit after time passed and didn’t. also noticed if you clicked on the schedule it showed countdown of running. then after a few minutes it all disappeared

1 Like

Don’t know if I should keep posting logs since I think it should be enough already to see a pattern if there is one but here’s another one since it skipped last night: 1069533

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ I have a log from an issue- 1070214
It is a daily routine to start at Sunset, i have no skips enabled, signal is great. The morning one seems to work fine (End by sunrise) but the Start at Sunset isn’t working. It’s not really skipping, it actually thinks it’s watering, the counter goes for each zone but the controller is never actually turning the zone relays on.

Good news for everyone affected. Wyze accepted this issue as the winner for this month’s Fix-it-Friday submission, so it will get priority with weekly updates after this:

I hope it ultimately helps those of you experiencing this.

1 Like

I will get this sent to the team.

2 Likes

Have received appropriate “skip” messages the past 2 mornings.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue and it’s been like this for over a year! I contacted Wyze support to get the Sprinkler Plus canceled thinking that it would fix the issue. Unfortunately, it didn’t fix the problem.

I even unplugged my rain sensor to see if that would fix it but still the system SKIPPED my schedule.

Follow these steps to fix the issue:

-Click the gear icon
-Tap on System
-Tap on Sensor 1 and/or 2

Just make sure to set the Rain Sensor to “None”

That’s it! Your unit will follow your set schedule from this point on.

Hope it helps everyone. Thank you.

1 Like

It’s been over a year since I first posted here with all the same problems that people are reporting in the past several weeks. I was kind of hoping this thing would be fixed by now, but it looks like not much has changed? I guess my Wyze sprinkler controller will continue to be a paper weight in my garage, unless I get some motivation to hook it up again and see if it works :frowning:

1 Like

It is surprising that this is taking so long to get this issue resolved… Luckily for my, my controller runs fine (on manual schedule). The skips for rain/saturation work as expected. I am sure that it’s challenging to chase down a problem that affects only some devices, but given the logs submitted, and the amount of time, this should have surely been resolved by now even if it’s challenging.

1 Like

Just submitted another log from this morning. 1078594

My scheduled start at 0700 did not occur. Manually triggered in the app at 0706 and it started just fine.
No skips were noted today.

1 Like

I started having this issue last June / July (with a controller that was only 3 months old). The beta firmware semi fixed the issue. Sometimes smart schedule runs, sometimes it does not. I did not water all winter. In March, first smart scheduled water did not run. I deleted the smart schedule, and recreated it. Then it ran. It has been running fine from March until this morning. This morning, my 5 am smart schedule did not run. I woke up at 5:03 am, by coincidence and checked the app. It showed scheduled to run at 5 am, but it was not 5:04 am, and nothing was happening. I deleted the schedule again, and set to start at 5:10 am. That did not run either. Deleted schedule again, set for 5:15 am, and that one finally kicked off at 5:15. This is getting to be a huge pain. We are in the middle of a massive heat wave of 100 degree temps, and has not rained in weeks. I need this device to work like it is supposed to without babysitting it. I submitted log. # 1079401.

1 Like

I think I figured out one of the scheduling bugs in firmware 1.0.10. I don’t have Sprinkler plus so no skips and no rain sensors. Just a simple program to run 4 zones in the morning and again at night.

I noticed the morning session worked fine. The evening session would not give a push notification, sprinklers wouldn’t come on, and the app background wouldn’t turn blue. And the evening schedule didn’t appear in the past dates on the calendar in the app. But it would show on future dates. And during the evening watering session, it would show the countdown timer as if the schedule was running… but no water came out.

Anyway, after much trial and error, I figured out that the bug appears ONLY on the 2nd cycle of the day and ONLY if you have more than 3 zones set to water. I eventually changed it to run all 4 zones in the morning, then 3 of 4 zones in the evening, then added a 3rd schedule for the last zone also in the evening. Seems to be working fine now.

So anyone with more than 3 zones having issues - try breaking up the schedules to only do 3 zones in each?

2 Likes

FYI @WyzeJasonJ & @WyzeShanee

1 Like

@gk1097 I really hope you’re right. I just saw that the Sprinkler Plus skipped last night. The app doesn’t seem to show reasons.

I’m cancelling my plus subscription and switching to the manual schedule and following your advice.

To @WyzeJasonJ: I appreciate all of the help you personally have provided but if this doesn’t fix it, I’m ditching Wyze and advising everyone I know not to buy your products. As I (and many others) have stated before, the non-Jason Support process is abysmal and the product has been legitimately broken for far too long. Someone higher up at Wyze seriously needs to look at this. You have been great but you are the exception, not the rule in my Wyze experiences.

1 Like

i will make the best of it for now but unfortunately the fact we have to “win” the opportunity for them to care about fixing issue says a lot.

2 Likes