Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

I cannot seem to figure out why my sprinklers arent working. I submitted a ticket last week(2 accidentally), no response so i figured i’d try here.
I just came from a working rainbird without wifi 8 zone. No master pump

The setup worked fine, i think… The zone would turn on for a second, i would say try again and it would run consistently. Not sure if that is a failed setup or not, i tried it again after a full reset and removal, did the same thing.

The schedule online or offline seems to just turn them on for just a second. I did the setup over and signed up for the free plus, didnt change anything. The only way for me to get the sprinklers on is in “Quick run - water specific zones”, but i just need to remember to hit that every t/th/sun

7 Likes

Got the same problem or maybe even worse. The sprinkler waters for a fraction of a second even when doing the quick run. The only remedy is to unplug and plug and it works for the day. The day after the same problem … So frustrating

Yes, I have the same issue. I got everything setup and it worked fine and then the next day it was a no go. If you turn on the ZONE manually it starts for 1 second and turns off. I unplugged it and restarted it and it was working correctly for the time I was testing. Then this morning I went to check the zones and water manually and it turns on for 1 second and shuts down. This is frustrating. Any help on the issue appreciated!

Yeah, actually now quick run doesn’t work. It gets weaker every time I try it. I’m really tempted to return it and put my functioning rain bird back on the wall. Just put in another ticket.
I tried manually pressing the button on the unit and it also spurted for a second and shut off

Update, quick run was able to work after i unplugged the unit

I had the same issue within the next day it didn’t work again. So I unplugged it it restarted it worked but then today it doesn’t work again also. I submitted a ticket but have not heard back I also made another Post in this morning but haven’t found a solution from anyone else’s post. People seem to have the issue but no solution.

At this point I guess I’m going to have to take it apart and send it back to Amazon. I don’t know what else to do. Let me know if your unit continues to work or does it give you the same error again

Its so frustrating!! Wyze support doesnot have a clue what I am talking about … I can not get the SCHEDULER work.

QUICK RUN works however I have not purchased it to water it manually.
I dont know what is my use of SPRINKLER PLUS subscription.

Also I am seeing that if I create a RULE it gets triggered as well , however I am not able to get the SCHEDULER (Smart/online ) to work!

If anyone from WYZE reading this please suggest.

3 Likes

I don’t get how wyze support works, this is what i just received

Thank you for submitting a log

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

• This request will be closed because we don’t have anything further we can do at this point.
  • This request will not be re-opened later.
  • Please keep an eye out for firmware and app updates. If the problem persists, please continue to submit logs with the new app and firmware versions.

Certainly sounds frustrating.

• Can you take some screenshots of your schedule settings to see if any of us can help you figure this out?
  • On the main page for the sprinkler controller, click the calendar in the top right, go to a previous day where you experienced the issue and see what it lists for those entries.
  • Lastly, its silly but if you can try to move your router or AP closer to the controller, there have been people who have reported erratic behavior and the issue was the units connectivity.

I took some screenshots.
Router is as close as possible, in the room on the other side of the wall where the router is. Says 3 full bars
Screenshot_20220114-102334_Wyze

Screenshot_20220114-102613_Wyze

Great. The 3x full bars showing in that screenshot are your cellphone connection though. I would switch to your WiFi and make sure you have a solid connection where the controller is. I’m sure it is since its so close but just to double check.

All your settings look right so far. First I would go back and unselect any skips in the schedule to eliminate any issues with the system stepping in.

Also something else to check, on the settings page for the sprinkler controller does it show your correct location? And does that match the location in the main settings in the Wyze app?

These three bars?
Yup location is correct

Yup that is correct!

I would suggest to undo the skips on the schedule, power cycle it, and test it again. Beyond that everything appears correct to me. Sorry I dont have a more concrete answer.

Thanks for looking it over for me.
The quick run seems to work after i unplug an plug it in again, maybe i just move my smart outlet and power cycle it once a day?
I tried to setup a rule to run the sprinklers, but didnt have much luck, i might give that another shot

I would encourage to try and get to a support level where they are reviewing logs you provide. To me this still sounds like a weird connectivity issue that some others have experienced as well.

Did a little more experimenting, The quick run also works again after the hard reset button is pressed
Even the hard buttons do not work on the unit after a certain amount of time and need to be either hard reset or unplugged